Foreign Worker Program
Who benefits from the foreign workers’ program?
- The foreign workers get paid better than they would back home.
- Employers. They get docile workers willing to work for well below the going rate. They can dismiss the workers at any time without cause and there will be no outcry. Some companies even make Mandarin a job requirement as an excuse to exclude Canadian workers.
- The Conservative Party. The corporations reward them with contributions for allowing them to hire foreign workers.
Who is harmed by the foreign worker program?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Domestic workers who remain unemployed. Those who are employed have to work for less because of competition from foreign workers.
- The foreign workers are not likely to be as well trained. They are not likely to fully understand English instruction. This means the products they produce will likely be of lower quality.