How to Pick a Religion
- Are its claims true, evidence-based and sensible?
- Do people who subscribe to this religion behave better than average?
- Are people who subscribe to this religion happier than average?
- Do those running the religion extract more money from the congregation than would be needed for operating expenses?
- Does it adjust to changing conditions?
- Does it have rituals, foods and clothing you can live with?
In my experience, nearly every single religion fails on point (1). I found one, which does not bill itself as a religion, Living Love, that meets the criteria, but it is effectively defunct.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)