I am opposed to the broad brush government daycare subsidy. Why?
- You should subsidise day care only for people who truly need the subsidy:
- Couples where both work, who own a house to raise their two kids are quite a bit more wealthy that average. It does not make sense for people with much lower income than theirs to be subsidising their relatively luxurious lifestyle.
- Traditional families, particularly indigenous families, where one or more parents stays home, or where there is an extended family to help care for the kids don’t need subsidised daycare. They need a bit of daycare to spell mom off, but they don’t need it five days a week, all day.
- The daycare subsidy is a very expensive government program. It is a regressive measure. It means the poor subsidise the rich.
- The broad subsidy is Justin Trudeau’s bone to throw to the rich to buy votes.
- Our planet is overpopulated. We should in no way encourage procreation.
The people who should be getting a subsidy are single working parents, or parents below the poverty line where both parents work. Most of the rest of the people who are getting the subsidy do not need it. The universal subsidy is a bit of legerdemain, giving people their own money and pretending it is a free benefit.
BC Premier Christy Clark went so far as to say the entire federal contribution to daycare should go entirely to indigenous people, who need general support, but usually not daycare.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
|Conservative Trash-the-Environment Bill C-38||The outrageous Omnibus bill that seeks to destroy Canada in at least a dozen ways. 2017-06-09|
|Anyone But Harper||Why I wanted the Conservatives defeated in the Canadian 2008 federal election and why I think a coalition should replace them now. 2017-11-14|
|Lowell Green||Lowell Green, right wing talk host puts out a fatwah on Roedy for composing a letter to a ghost. 2017-11-14|
|Canada||Quotes about Canada, mostly politics. 2017-11-24|
|Politics||Quotes about politics, war and government. 2017-11-24|
|Speakers’ Corner||Scripts of Roedy’s soap box TV public service announcements on Speakers' Corner on A-Channel (formerly the newVI) TV Station. 2017-01-02|
|BC Politics||In the Maritimes, politics is a disease, in Québec a religion, in Ontario a business, on the Prairies a protest and in British Columbia entertainment. 2017-09-01|
|Remembrance Day||Remembrance Day: cutting the crap 2017-11-12|
|Feedback||Read feedback from readers of the politics section. If you don’t want your message and my reply publicly posted, please let me know. 2017-11-24|
|Paul Martin||Paul Martin became Prime Minister of Canada in the first coup of a sitting Prime Minister in Canadian history. 2017-05-21|
|Quotations||Quotations on Canada and Canadian politics. 2017-11-24|
Sport Hunting Blacks
NRA (National Rifle Association)supporters gave away free guns in the neighbourhood where George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Williams. They wish to send the message that you should feel free to shoot black people for sport because you can get away with it if you luck out with an all-white jury.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[188.8.131.52]
You are visitor number|