Why Did Trump Win?
The question is not really why did Trump win, but why did such a repulsive, incompetent candidate managed to win even 10% of the vote?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) Directory James Comey broke the law repeatedly leaking information about his investigation of Hillary Clinton. Comey was a colleague of Mr Dirty Tricks, Karl Rove, in the George W. Bush cabinet. Just before the election, he announced a major scandal, (which Trump claimed was bigger than Watergate) when in actuality he had absolutely nothing.
- Without any evidence, Trump lied repeatedly that Hillary was embroiled in all kinds of major scandals. Hillary just ignored him, trusting nobody would believe him. However, his supporters believed every word that he said, even when he changed his positions daily.
- Trump exploited American bigotry against blacks, gays, Muslims, Hispanics and even women. He made bigotry respectable by jeering at anyone concerned with constitutional civil rights as excessively politically correct.
- Trump is loathsome, bigoted, lying and selfish. The average Trump supporter is loathsome, bigoted, lying and selfish. It was a perfect fit.
- Trump exploited the Christian fundamentalists who want to impose their religious superstitions about contraception and abortion on everyone else even if it means death and suffering. The fundamentalists ignored the 18 women accusing him of sexual assault/rape. They believed bullying others on abortion was more important. They hold a completely irrational view about what a blastula is. They treat it as some sort of god-like creature. It is just a small lump of cells. It cannot think. It cannot feel. They insist it be treated with more awe than a newborn.
- Trump discerned what his base wanted, then promised it to them, regardless whether it was possible or constitutional. He has created massive expectations that he will not be able to deliver. The supporters will gradually catch on it was a pack of empty promises.
- Trump used hypnosis.
|Conservative Trash-the-Environment Bill C-38||The outrageous Omnibus bill that seeks to destroy Canada in at least a dozen ways. 2017-06-09|
|Anyone But Harper||Why I wanted the Conservatives defeated in the Canadian 2008 federal election and why I think a coalition should replace them now. 2017-07-01|
|Lowell Green||Lowell Green, right wing talk host puts out a fatwah on Roedy for composing a letter to a ghost. 2017-07-31|
|Canada||Quotes about Canada, mostly politics. 2017-08-16|
|Politics||Quotes about politics, war and government. 2017-08-18|
|Speakers’ Corner||Scripts of Roedy’s soap box TV public service announcements on Speakers' Corner on A-Channel (formerly the newVI) TV Station. 2017-01-02|
|BC Politics||In the Maritimes, politics is a disease, in Québec a religion, in Ontario a business, on the Prairies a protest and in British Columbia entertainment. 2017-05-21|
|Remembrance Day||Remembrance Day: cutting the crap 2017-05-21|
|Feedback||Read feedback from readers of the politics section. If you don’t want your message and my reply publicly posted, please let me know. 2017-08-18|
|Paul Martin||Paul Martin became Prime Minister of Canada in the first coup of a sitting Prime Minister in Canadian history. 2017-05-21|
|Quotations||Quotations on Canada and Canadian politics. 2017-08-16|
Too Stupid to Notice Hypocrisy
The Tea Partiers are hypocrites, but too stupid to notice. They claim they fear tyranny, yet they call for armed revolution if the majority reject their policies at the ballot box. That is tyranny. They are behaving like Nazis in their contempt for democracy.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[220.127.116.11]
You are visitor number|