Quotations are selected from this pool (and other quotation pools) in a pseudorandom way every hour and inserted at the top and bottom of some of the major pages on this website. Feel free to copy any of these quotes and paste them for whatever purpose you please, including on your own website, blog, social media page or forum debate posts.
Trump vs Santa Claus
Is Trump imaginary?~ Rowan, age 3
Celebrating the Dark Side
Darkness is good… Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.~ Steve Bannon (1953-11-27 age:64) Trump’s chief strategist.
Bannon’s the guy who looks like a fat Nick Nolte after a 3-week bender. Hillary never said anything anywhere near that demonically possessed. Why did so may evangelists cleave to this spawn of Satan? He runs Breitbart, a white supremacist website.
Trump bankrupted a casino. That is supposed to be impossible.~ Lewis Black (1948-08-30 age:69)
Churchill on Trump
The life he lived was the only one he could ever live; he must go on to the end. The end comes often early to such men, whose spirits are so wrought that they know rest only in action, contentment only in danger, and in confusion find their only peace.~ Winston Churchill (1874-11-30 1965-01-24 age:90) This quote was from his 1899 novel Savrola, but it fits Trump’s love of chaos.
P.T. Barnum said There is a sucker born every minute. but Trump proved it.~ Stephen Colbert (1964-05-13 age:53)
Alternative facts.~ Kellyanne Conway (1967-01-20 age:51)
1984 Newspeak for lie. Kellyanne used the term to defend Trump’ spokesman Sean Spicer after he falsely claimed the crowd at Trump’s inauguration was the biggest in history. Ever since, Republicans have been trying to spin their lies as alternative facts as if that magically removed the stigma of them being lies. It was actually just Conway’s frantic act of desperation to spin Spicer’s lie.
Junk politics minimises large complex problems at home while maximising threats from abroad. It is also given to abrupt unexplained reversals of its own public stances, often spectacularly bloating problems previously minimised. It seeks at every turn to obliterate voters’ consciousness of socioeconomic and other differences in their midst.~ Benjamin DeMott (1924-06-02 2005-09-29 age:81) Junk Politics: The Trashing of the American Mind
Trump used other people’s losses to avoid paying taxes for two decades.~ David Frumm (1960-06-30 age:57)
Gere on Trump
[Trump] is a demagogue, a clown — but people like clarity. Here’s this guy who says, I’m going to fix this problem for you. It doesn’t matter how, I’ll just take care of it. He’s finding villains everywhere and then telling people he’l get rid of them… We’ll get rid of the Jews, the blacks. Anyone that we perceive as a problem, we’ll get rid of… This is how it starts… this kind of thinking is a slippery slope.~ Richard Gere (1949-08-31 age:68)
Trump’s Attack on Obama
Forgotten were the elementary rules of logic, that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.~ Christopher Hitchens (1949-04-13 2011-12-15 age:62)
Trump accused Obama of tapping his phone. However, Trump provided absolutely no evidence to back the contention. This accusation is barking mad, the emanation of a paranoid mind. However, the media treated it as legitimate. It deserved zero time other than evidence of Trump’s mental incompetence. Some even called for a congressional committee to investigate the claim.
I am appalled. A more logical reaction would be to lock Trump up in a mental hospital for observation. It is especially dismissible given Trump’s baseless birther accusations.
The most disgusting thing about Trump’s bald-faced lie without a stick of evidence is, in a poll, most Republicans believe him. Republicans are rewarding Trump for lying.
Rules of War
Demoralise the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.~ Adolf Hitler (1889-04-20 1945-04-30 age:56)
Trump goes further. He advocates extreme torture, targeting families, genocide, blasphemy and completely throwing out the Geneva conventions.
King on Trump
A Trump presidency scares me more than anything else. That anyone in America would even consider voting for this rabid coyote leaves me speechless. Say, here’s an idea! Let’s turn America’s nukes over to a bad-tempered asshole with no knowledge of foreign policy. What could go wrong?~ Stephen King (1947-09-21 age:70)
Trump is a crude and undisciplined demagogue.~ Ezra Klein (1984-05-09 age:33)
No, you unnatural hags,~ King Lear King Lear Act 2, Scene 4
I will have such revenges on you both
That all the world shall — I will do such things —
What they are yet I know not, but they shall be
The terrors of the earth. You think I’ll weep?
No, I’ll not weep.
This sounds so much like Donald Trump
On Breaking Promises
A wise lord cannot, nor ought he to, keep his promises when such observance would place him at a disadvantage, and when the reasons for which he gave his word no longer exist.~ Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli (1469-05-03 1527-06-21 age:58)
On Breaking Your Word
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.~ Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli (1469-05-03 1527-06-21 age:58)
Occasionally words must serve to veil the facts. But let this happen in such a way that no one become aware of it; or, if it should be noticed, excuses must be at hand to be produced immediately.~ Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli (1469-05-03 1527-06-21 age:58)
On The Use of Delegates
Princes should delegate to others the enactment of unpopular measures and keep in their own hands the means of winning favours.~ Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli (1469-05-03 1527-06-21 age:58)
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.~ Henry Louis Mencken (1880-09-12 1956-01-29 age:75)
I went to buy groceries on 2016-11-11. I noticed the tabloids at the checkout. They accused Hillary of every crime imaginable, short of baby-eating. The photoshopped pictures, however, made that too a likely possibility, but what really caught my eye was a claim that Putin had nukes trained on the USA and would launch the very instant Hillary won. If you did not vote Trump you would die.
This claim is obvious nonsense. To prevail in a nuclear war, you must catch your rival by complete surprise. Putin would never telegraph his plans, much less to the National Enquirer.
Now that she is not president, Hillary has some free time. I hope she sues all those low lifes who made up such outrageous lies about her. I am ever surprised how little sense of honour and fair play Trump and his supporters have. They have absolutely no restraint on making up any conceivable lie, not even that it be remotely plausible.
Donald J. Trump
Donald Trump is the welfare queen of crony capitalism.~ Robert Reich (1946-06-24 age:71)
Four Grounds to Impeach Trump
By my count there are now four grounds to impeach Trump. The fifth seems to be on its way.
- In taking the oath of office the president promises to faithfully execute the laws and the Constitution. But Trump is unfaithfully executing his duties as president by accusing his predecessor, President Obama, of undertaking an illegal (and impeachable) act.
- Article I Section 9 of the Constitution forbids government officials from taking things of value from foreign governments. But Trump is making big money off his Trump International Hotel by steering foreign diplomatic delegations to it, and will make a bundle of China’s recent decision to grant his trademark applications for the Trump brand — decisions Chinese authorities arrived at directly because of decisions Trump has made as president.
- The 1st Amendment to the Constitution bar any law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. But Trump’s ban on travels into the U.S. from six Muslim countries — which he initiated, advocated for, and oversees — violates that provision.
- The 1st Amendment also bars abridging the freedom… of the press. But Trump’s labeling the press as enemy of the people and choosing whom he invites to news conferences based on whether they’ve given him favorable coverage, violates this provision.
- Article III Section 3 of the Constitution defines treason against the United States as adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Evidence in mounting that Trump colluded with Russian operatives to win the 2016 presidential election.
The question is no longer whether there are grounds to impeach Trump. The practical question is whether there is the political will. As long as Republicans remain in the majority in the House (where a bill of impeachment originates), it’s unlikely.
Another reason why it’s critically important to flip the house in 2018.~ Robert Reich (1946-06-24 age:71)
Impeachment measures political support in the house and senate. It is not an impartial trial. Republicans don’t care how depraved, corrupt, criminal or unconstitutional Trump is. They simply calculate if they personally will fare better with or without Trump. As Trump bragged, he can get away with murder. Normally, they vote along party lines. However, he will be impeached the day Republicans believe the voters will dump them at the next election for supporting Trump.
Pundits have been claiming that once Trump’s approval numbers dropped low enough, Republican politicians would abandon him in droves. They would try to put distance between themselves and Trump to improve their chances in the midterm elections. This has started to happen:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Congress, with only two hold outs, voted to increase sanctions on Russia, to punish them for hacking the 2016 election in Trump’s favour, countering Trump’s sanction reductions. The bill includes a provision to block the president from lowering them again. It looks obvious the Soviets hacked the election in return for Trump lowering the sanctions.
- Trump attempted to dismantle Obama’s detente with Cuba using executive orders. Republicans are hosting all manner of bills to increase trade and tourism with Cuba. Trump justfies continued hostility because of the 1962-10-16 Cuban Missile Crisis in the days of John F. Kennedy. The only people who want continued hostilities are elderly Cuban Americans. Other Cuban Americans have already invested in Cuba. They want to be able to visit relatives. They want relatives to visit them. Airlines, hotels and cruise lines have aleady heavily invested in Cuban tourism. They don’t want their investments destroyed.
- After five attempts, Trump still cannot pass his no-care Trumpcare bill. In the latest vote, 9 Republicans voted against him.
- Republicans have been openly criticising Trump for bad-mouthing Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and warning him against firing Sessions.
- Republicans have been openly criticising Anthony Scaramoucci, the new foul-mouthed press secretary.
- Two Republican Senators were caught on tape bad-mouthing Trump.
- Trump lied that he consulted with his generals over the transgender ban. The Pentagon called him on his lie.
Why don’t Republican congressmen and senators abandon Trump? They may believe him to be an idiot, incompetent and corrupt but that is not nearly enough to abandon him. Their public positions are determined purely to help their odds of reelection. Principles are irrelevant. There are three group they could conceivably court:
- Democrats. Highly unlikely to vote Republican under any circumstances.
- Republicans who support Trump. Will vote Republican only for candidates who support Trump.
- Republicans who are disappointed in Trump. Will vote Republican only for candidates who do not support Trump.
So long as (2) is bigger than (3), Republican politicians have to support Trump. As soon as (3) is about to become bigger than (2), candidates will drop their support for Trump overnight.
Regardless whether (3) is bigger than (2), Republicans candidates are in trouble if the Republican voters stay split on Trump. Republican politicians, no matter what they do, will lose almost half their votes.
The best strategy then for Republican politicians is to all lie through their teeth in praise of Trump, all lie through their teeth about Trump’s negatives, and count on the American people being stupid enough to believe them.
The odd thing is Republicans are pushing through legislation like the repeal of health care, the budget with the repeal of the safety net, and tax cuts for the superwealthy that are highly unpopular. You’d think there were trying to lose the next elections.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Advantage of Immigrants
Trump has focussed entirely on the disadvantages and costs of immigrants, seasoning his arguments with racism. He is ignoring the case for immigrants. There are three stages of life:
ChildIt costs the government $160,000 to raise an American child to age 16 to cover education and health care costs.
AdultThe person pays taxes and contributes to retirement funds. They build goods and services contributing to the GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
Old ageThe person lives off retirement funds. Their health costs are the highest of any time in life.
The advantage of immigrants is they usually arrive as young adults. They are pre-educated. Their childhood health costs have already been paid. They start within a year or so paying taxes. If a country has an aging population, there are not enough young people paying into the retirement funds to cover the payments to support the aged. Immigrants boost the number of young payers.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Advantages of Trump
People outside the USA are wringing their hands in fear at what a Trump presidency will bring. It is not all bad for non-Americans.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump has promised to explode the debt of the USA, then default on it as he did with his own four bankruptcies. This will be the end of the USA as a major economic power. The baton will pass to other more trustworthy countries.
- Trump has promised to renege on all trade treaties. This means tariffs will go up all over the world on US exports. Its exports will plummet. The USA will go into a major recession. It will no longer be able to throw its economic or military weight around.
- Trump has, by his own admission, no sexual impulse control. He gang-raped a 13-year old virgin and sexually assaulted 21 women. He is scheduled in court for fraud at his Trump University. Now that he is president, these court cases will attract world attention and shame America. Think how much fuss something as minor as Bill Clinton’s blow job created. Americans are such a pain in the ass, such bullies, with their We’re #1 crap. This will shut them up for a while.
- Since the Trump presidency is built on a stack of lies, and preposterously high expectations, he will be a huge disappointment. He will be a one-term president. He will poison the fortunes of the Republican party for decades to come.
Alternative to the Wall
El Salvador has one of the highest murder rates in the world. Two gangs have almost equal power to the government. No wonder people are utterly desperate to get out of there. It is going to require more than a wall to keep them out of the USA. They will dig under the wall. They will bribe or shoot the guards and climb over it. They will go around it at either end. They will come in by sea.
What if Trump helped the government of El Salvador to wipe out the gangs? Then the people would be much less desperate to escape.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Angela Merkel had to explain to Trump eleven times that Germany cannot make trade deals with the USA. All Germany’s trade deals are handled by the EU. It is shocking that Trump did not already know that. It is a clear indication of Alzheimer’s that he kept forgetting this simple fact.
Trump wandered out of the room forgetting to sign a bill at a bill-signing ceremony.
Trump did not know where he was in the middle of a meeting with Netanyahu.
Trump absent-mindedly spilled highly classified state secrets both to the Russians and to Duterte, dictator of the Philippines.
Just listen to Trump. He babbles like a baby just learning English. He emits mostly meaningless drivel. The most likely cause for his decline in language ability is Alzheimer’s.
Alzheimer’s patients tend to repeat themselves. Trump usually repeats each phrase two or three times.
On 2017-05-31 Trump sent out a tweet including the word covfefe. Nobody could figure out what he intended, not even Trump.
Alzheimer’s patients lose their discretion, what you can say and what you cannot. They often let slip private sexual thoughts. Trump spilled highly classified information about terrorists to visiting Russians. Trump often makes highly inappropriate comments about how he would like to have sex with his daughter or children.
Trump clearly lives in his own make-believe reality. Possibly the problem is again Alzheimer’s. He can’t remember what really happened so he makes up his own dream world more to his liking. He doggedly insists on his version of events even when there are photos and video tapes contradicting him. He completely trusts his constructed memories even when they shift day by day.
He lost track of where his limo was.
At a conference, he got up and started wandering around. He had forgotten where he was.
People with Alzheimer’s often make inappropriate sexual advances, particularly toward their daughters. Trump has shocked the world repeatedly with sexual comments about his daughter Ivanka.
What is it going to take before the general public notices his Alzheimer’s? Perhaps when he whips out his micropenis and pees all over the dining room table.
The alternative explanation is he is a compulsive liar who can’t stop himself from lying, even when there is no benefit in it. He enjoys trying to sell the craziest ideas to the public because that proves his selling skill.
His father, Fred Trump, developed Alzheimer’s, so the odds are Donald has already developed it too. If you had a friend who started talking like this, you would insist he see a neurologist. Trump did not used to be incoherent.
Trump is completely incoherent in this interview on voter fraud claims: Let me. Sure. And I do. And I’m very. And I mean it. But just so you know, it was supposed to be a confidential meeting. They turned it into not a number 2. The conversation lasted for about a minute. They made it. Somebody said it was like about 25% of the. It was hardly even discussed.
Because Trump is impaired, you can’t very well expect him to diagnose himself and resign for the good of the country. Republicans are surely well aware of the symptoms, but pretend not to notice. They are foolishly making excuses for Trump for political gain. Foisting a mentally ill president on the country surely will hurt them severely in the long run.Merkel Had To Explain EU Trade To Trump Eleven Times
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Neither Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), Rick Perry as head of the DOE (Department Of Energy), and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist have any scientific training. Yet they are willing to risk the future of vertebrate life on earth to their gut intuition that all the scientists on earth are wrong about climate change. They have concocted some global conspiracy of all scientists and China for which they have no evidence. Donald is so aggressively clueless, he confuses weather and climate. That is pathological arrogance. People that aggressively stupid should never be allowed to hold public office.
Why do they do this? Because the elderly billionaire Koch brothers paid them too. Why did the Koch brothers do that? To make an extra few bucks from their sunset fossil fuel investments before they die. They don’t care what happens to earth after that.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
America Firstcourse. It is an established psychological truth that humans prioritise their own survival and other interests. But that is not what Billy is saying. He saying I don’t give a flying fuck about anyone else. If I can, I will take unfair advantage of others in every way possible. Billy is just a boor. People will avoid him. The same is true of Trump and his USA. Countries will tend to avoid doing business with the USA because it is a nation of pigs.
Most recently Trump insulted Canada, completely needlessly. It was completely uncalled for and unforgivable.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
American Health Care
There are two basic attitudes to health care.
- The Canadian/European approach. If someone gets sick and cannot afford medical care, everyone is morally obligated to chip in.
- The Republican/Trump approach. If someone gets sick and cannot afford medical care, we are obligated to execute them slowly and painfully by denying them any medical care at all, even palliative. Americans subscribe mostly to this approach. They presume they will be healthy, and they will thus save money. They blot out that thereby they are murdering their neighbours.
I find this attitude odd given how frequently American brag they are Christians. (2) is clearly not the Christian way.
There are many other kinds of insurance, e.g. collision insurance, homeowner insurance, disability insurance… The idea is people who don’t have a collision, chip in to get the guy’s car repaired who does have a collision. Americans don’t seem to feel so ripped off paying insurance when they have no collisions. It’s only health insurance where they feel ripped off. Perhaps they imagine people get sick on purpose.
The odd thing is the Canadian scheme costs one third as much, and gets much better outcomes. American outcomes are on par with Cuba. Strangely, Americans are willing to pay three times as much in order to deny their neighbours health care and to enrich the HMOs (Health Management Organisations) and pharmaceutical companies. It is such a dog-in-a-manger attitude.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
It must be trial being a leader or diplomat trying to deal with the USA. The USA is effectively run by the Mafia. They have no sense of fair play. They don’t keep their agreements. They are corrupt, in government mainly for massive personal gain. They rarely tell the truth. They take unfair advantage of any weakness.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
America’s enemies, Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Syria can’t come close the amount of damage Trump does to America in a single day.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The constitution says that anyone born in America is an American citizen. Trump thinks he has the power to reverse this, and take away the citizenship of existing citizens whose parents were not Americans. Lawyers would have a very difficult time describing who loses and who keeps his citizenship without disenfranchising millions of people Trump did not intend to. Further, it would require a constitutional amendment. Further, I doubt any judge would permit a law to be retroactive. Further, these people don’t necessarily have some other citizenship.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The British papers have released the fact that Trump prepared a tape offering the Russians to change foreign policy in return for hacking the US election to help Trump win. British intelligence have a copy. (It is hard to believe that Trump would be stupid enough leave such evidence to convict him behind.)
Trump is not the legitimate president of the USA. In the Olympics, when the gold medalist is caught cheating, the silver medalist takes her place. Trump’s presidency should be annulled. Trump should be disqualified. Impeaching is the wrong tool. Impeachment just measures the president’s political support in the house and senate. It has nothing to do with criminal behaviour.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has said many times he is extremely vindictive. If anyone so much as fails to support him or do him a favour, he will ruin them, and see to it they never work again. It is little wonder than anyone criticising Trump hides behind anonymity. Trump knows this, but he demands everyone come out publicly and face his wrath, claiming otherwise whatever they say has no merit.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
I never would have guessed there were enough aggressively ignorant Archie Bunkers living in the USA to elect a Trump. Thankfully, they are a dying breed. This is the last election they will be able to do that on their own.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Auto Trade Deals
Trump whines that Mexicans take unfair advantage of Americans to get more auto plants and more auto jobs. What he fails to tell you is American autoworkers make about $42 an hour, and Mexican ones make $8 an hour. America could have all the autoplants it wanted if it too were willing to work for a paltry $8 an hour.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Bad News About Trump Supporters
By far the most important reason to reject the Trump/Pence ticket was Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA, Rick Perry as head of the DOE, and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist are climate change deniers. They believe (or at least pretend to believe) you can ignore climate change. Almost every scientist says that is wishful thinking. We must act now to avoid a tipping point from which it will be impossible to recover.
With their vote for Trump, his supporters signed the death warrants of their children and probably themselves as well, and of nearly everyone else on earth who did not get a vote.
The Trump supporters are still blithely unaware of what a suicidal thing they did by voting for Trump. It is like they inadvertently signed on for physician-assisted suicide out of ignorance and willful stupidity. People over the ages imagined an apocalypse, a comet hitting earth or alien invaders bringing on the end of life on planet earth.
Who would have guessed it would have been so mundane as poorly educated Americans voting for a rapist in an orange wig triggering an almost imperceptible but unstoppable demise.
I would not lift a finger to save the life of a Trump supporter. They are planetary traitors. These no-nothings are far more of a threat to life on earth than Hitler and his armies ever were.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump went bankrupt 6 times. Each time he made money by borrowing money in the name of the company, draining the company into his personal accounts, then leaving banks and investors holding the bag. He is a con man. And some how he got away pulling the same dirty tricks over and over. This was public knowledge, yet millions of Americans still voted for him.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is such a phony, he named his son Barron to trick people into thinking he had a title he did not have.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Why have not more victims of Donald Trump’s sexual assaults come forward sooner?
- Donald projects an image of a godfather.
- Donald is very rich.
- Donald has a reputation for taking vicious revenge.
- Donald has a reputation of suing and overwhelming with his legal resources.
It really takes guts to take this bastard on.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Big Lie
The big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so colossal that no one would believe that someone could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Hitler claimed the technique was used by the Jews to blame Germany’s loss in World War I.
The lie is repeated ad nauseam, from as many sources as possible. By drowning out the truth, it turns the lie into a false consensus. The right have refined this technique with the echo chamber where the lie is endlessly ping-ponged between a group of people on the Internet to create the illusion it is the majority opinion.
Trump makes blatant use of the big lie. For example, he claims the media never report anything positive about him. Yet he is on the air more than any other person by far. If he never mentions any positive accomplishments, he has only himself to blame. He routinely claims he never said something even when there is video tape of him saying it e.g. calling for the invasion of Iraq. He persists in his lie, over and over and over. Very often he claims black is white, with no attempt at all to hide the falsehood of his claim. For example, he happily claimed to have won the biggest electoral college majority since Reagan. This is a matter of public record, and it is simply not true. Yet Trump persisted over and over in his lie. Ditto the size of the crowd at his inauguration. He even lied about the weather at his inauguration, trying to make it sound as if his presidency were divinely anointed.
These are pointless petty lies. They indicate he is an out-of-control compulsive liar who is also lying about everything of consequence as well. His staff work hard to keep him from issuing utterly preposterous lies that cannot be cleaned up, only excused as mistakes. But when he persists in his lies, they can’t even be written off as errors. He breaks promises such as revealing his income tax, or divesting his wealth then pretends he never made any such promises even when nearly everybody heard the promise direct from his own lips.
When the lies are so obvious, why do people believe them, Hitler’s or Trump’s? Because they can’t face the humiliation and the horror of discovering they were wrong. They would sooner kid themselves and indulge in wishful thinking than face facts, or even do some research. They simply don’t want to know.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Big Lie Worked for Hitler
Both Hitler and Trump made great use of the big lie. They would make some preposterous assertion. No one in their right mind would tell such a wild lie, so many people, especially supporters, presumed it must be true. They offer no evidence to support it, but they repeat the lie over and over via surrogates. The public hear the lie many times more often than the truth. They come to believe the lie is the consensus.
The key to a successful big lie is to keep the public from hearing any refutation of it. Hitler had absolute control of the media. He could also order killed anyone who disagreed with him. As a result, the German people never heard anything contrary to Hitler’s lies. For personal safety, they had to pretend to believe the lies, which spread them further.
In contrast, Trump has no control over the media or the Internet. There are far too many people disagreeing with him to order killed. But Trump foolishly imagines his big lies will work as successfully as Hitler’s, e.g. Obama is not an American, Obama tapped the Trump Tower phones, Trump won by the biggest majority in history, Trump had the biggest inaugural crowd in history, none of the many Trump operatives who met with the Russians discussed removal of the sanctions, the issue of greatest interest to the Russians and to Exxon-Mobil or about how the Russians were rigging the election for Trump’s benefit.
The Christian church also uses the same big lie technique to sell its preposterous stories with endless repetition and threats.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump coined a word biglie. Most people assume it means large. Consider that it might really mean big-lie.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump loves to brag how rich he is. He claims to have $10 billion, but:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Forbes says he has only $4 billion. They have never seen his books.
- His 1995 New York tax return says he earned only $3 million. That’s the salary of a news anchor. Cough. Real billionaires earn hundreds of millions, even billions each year. That is why he has been so reluctant to release his tax returns. Trump is not a billionaire. He has been masquerading as one.
- Trump hired all kinds of people to help him with his campaign, then never paid them. That is mainly why so many of his staff have quit.
- Trump once took off his cufflinks and gifted them Charlie Sheen. Trump told him they were Harry Winston, platinum and diamonds worth about $50,000. The celebrity had them evaluated. They were pewter and rhinestones worth about $40. Trump is compulsively phony. He also did this to Roy Cohn and other celebrities.
Donald Trump lied mercilessly about Barack Obama’s citizenship hundreds of times over a period of years. He knew his citizenship was valid from the newspaper birth announcement and the endorsement of the former governor of Hawaii. When finally his lies were exposed, Trump refused to apologise or to compensate Obama for the damage to his reputation. That shows Trump is morally bankrupt and an outrageous liar. Why does anyone still believe that cunt despite being exposed as a liar and phony dozens of times since.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump offered no evidence whatsoever to back up his preposterous claim that Obama was a Muslim born in Kenya. Obama had a verified birth certificate, both short and long form. He had the newspaper birth announcement. He had the endorsement of the governor of Hawaii who knew the Obamas at Barack’s birth. Trump had nothing. It infuriates me that so many media reported Trump’s ravings as if they were hard news. Someday, I hope Obama sues Trump for millions of dollars.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
If a president can be blackmailed or if there is even a small chance a president can be blackmailed you are in deep trouble:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- A blackmailer can control where the president spends the country’s money.
- A blackmailer can decide which country should attack and which it should not.
- A blackmailer can lead the country to financial or military ruin.
- If the blackmailer has proof of something with extreme taboo such as bestiality or raping male children, he can push the entire world to nuclear war.
Blame It On the Volcanoes
Dingbats like Donald Trump sometimes will accept that climate change is caused by rising CO₂ levels, but claim that human activity has nothing to do with it, as if humans burning fossil fuels in cars, power plants etc. does not produce CO₂ like all other burning does.
They are trying to deny the laws of chemistry. Sometimes they try to blame volcanoes.
2 C₈H₁₈ + 25 O₂ ⇒ 16 CO₂ + 18 H₂O
You would need a volcano the size of Mount Saint Helens, erupting every day of the year to come close to the amount of CO₂ we humans generate. So obviously it is not volcanoes.
Why would these bastards lie that science said it was? Because Exxon-Mobil wants to wring the last pennies of profit from their dying sunset industry, even if it destroys the planet for their grand-kids. The money competition game means more to them than their grand-kids. Sick.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
People like Michael Reagan have argued the people knowingly elected a wealthy businessman in Trump. Therefore he should not be required to put his holdings in a blind trust the way every other president has and the way the constitution demands. Reagan claims the people don’t mind if he makes money during his presidency.
That is not the issue. The problem is he must not be taking money from foreign countries in return for betraying the USA. He must avoid conflict of interest situations so he cannot even be tempted. His security advisor, Mike Flynn, has already confessed to taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Russians and Turks in return for favours.
Reagan further argued that the people do not care if Trump divests. This is not true. Only the core of his core supporters think that way. Even if the majority felt that way, you cannot let this slide because the constitution commands it. The constitution overrides popular opinion. To override the constitution, you need an constitutional amendment.
I doubt many of the people wanting to let Trump side realise that is unconstitutional.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Back in the 1930s, if you lived in Germany, it was not enough to resist Hitler. You had to resist the thugs who followed him.
The same is true about Trump in the USA.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Bombing North Korea
Trump is threatening to bomb North Korea because they are developing nuclear weapons. I think North Korea has every right to have such weapons as a deterrent because:
- The USA tolerates and encourages other countries to have nukes such as Israel, China, Pakistan, India, France, Germany, Britain, Russia and the USA. Trump even called for Japan to get nukes.
- George W. Bush vowed to annihilate North Korea in his SOTU (State Of The Union) speech. That threat is still outstanding.
Typically America will bomb North Korea killing millions of civilians who had absolutely nothing to do with the decision to build nukes and missiles. They will carefully avoid harming Kim Jong Un and his generals and technicians. Let’s hope this time they use drones to target Kim Jong Un and the men who build his nukes and missiles.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Nazis burned books opposing Nazism. Trump is burning books about science. Instead he promotes junk science like anti-vaxers, climate change denial and evolution denial. Book-burning is the signature action of dictators.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Bottom Line
The four most important reasons Trump must not be allowed to become president are:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He asked many times why he could not deploy nukes to intimidate other countries. He said I love war, including nuclear war. He is as naïve as a child playing with toy guns.
- Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Scott Pruitt (as head of the EPA ), Rick Perry as head of the DOE, and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon (as his chief strategist) are climate change deniers. If Trump delays action on climate change for four years, it is game over. We will have gone past the tipping point. Earth will slide gradually and inevitably into becoming uninhabitable. There will be nothing we can do to pull it back. It is thus more important to stop Trump, even than it was to stop Hitler. Trump has made some noise he might reconsider, but he is still keeping climate deniers in charge.
- Trump is in bed with Putin. Putin hacked Hillary’s campaign and passed on information and embarrassing material to Trump. In return, Trump promised to appease Putin, letting him have his way in Syria without opposition of any kind, and to acknowledge his claims to Crimea and the Ukraine. Trump is a puppet of a Russia. Putin has no interest in making American great again. He wants it humbled. Trump is an unusually good puppet because he can sell the most outrageous lies with a straight face.
- He is a paedophile gang rapist. He is going to court in New York to defend himself in 2016-12.
Boycotting Trump Supporters
I suggest you boycott businesses known to be owned by Trump supporters. Further, refuse to serve known Trump supporters at your own businesses. Give them a taste of their own medicine. This could bring a lot more pressure than street demonstrations. Trump supporters voted for Trump (despite everything including insanely enjoying nuclear war and destroying earth with unchecked climate change) because he promised to make them rich. Losing money is what they care about most.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Bright Side
The Republicans are now in charge of the presidency, the senate and the house. The only people left to blame are the media, but they have no legislative power. For anything that goes wrong in the next four years, the Republicans will have no one but themselves to blame. I trust they will show little restraint. They will screw things up royally, and come the elections, they will be out of office for decades.
The dark side is they could well irretrievably destroy the earth with inaction on climate change or with a nuclear war in a mere four years.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Bright Side Of Trump
Even though Trump has won the presidency, over half the population find him nauseating. Despite his authority, he is only one man against 154 million. Further, most of the people in other countries despise him too. He can command all he wants, but people are not required to obey like trained dogs. To rule, he also needs moral authority.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Bright Side of Trump
There are some advantages to Trump.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump is such a scumbag. He is so crass, everyone I deal with in my daily life in an angel in comparison.
- History swings like a pendulum. Once Trump is gone, people will demand social justice, equality, integrity and honesty.
- Trump will take down the entire Republican party with him.
- Guilt-free I can direct all my hate and contempt at Trump. No one in my daily life need deal with it.
- Under Trump the people will come to see the insanity of giving corporations a free hand to pollute, steal, lie and gamble.
Americans have humiliated themselves on the world stage by electing a buffoon, an impulsive, a lazy bum, an incompetent, an early Alzheimer’s, a spoiled child, a tyrant, a boor, a bigot, a sexist, a narcissist, a crook, an infinitely selfish person as president.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
But Hillary Did It Too
Trump is pleading innocent on collusion with Russia on the grounds Hillary did the same thing he did. That there are other criminals in the world is not an excuse for your criminal activity. The DNC (Democratic National Committee) commissioned a dossier on Trump, and paid for it with their own money. This is completely legal. Trump accepted dirt on Hillary as an illegal and undeclared gift from Russia. That is illegal. Further Trump’s dirt was stolen by hacking the DNC computers. That too is illegal.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump plans to kill thousands of times more Americans than ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) will ever injure. He will do it with a pen, stripping Americans of their access to health care.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump will be the biggest case of buyers’ remorse in American presidential history. He promised, that by throwing various minorities under the bus, he could deliver unparalleled prosperity. However, he knows nothing about economics. His amateurish policies will bring on a nasty recession, that won’t go away even after he is removed from office. Further, he will turn the whole world except dictators like Putin and Assad against the USA.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Call Off Your Dogs
Trump claims the Mueller investigation is unfair. It is blocking him from running the country. It is not as though Mueller subpoenas Trump to testify every day. The inquiry requires none of Trump’s time. Trump may stay up nights worrying, but that is just his guilty conscience.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Case to Abolish The Electoral College
If you live in California (a blue state) or Utah (a red state) your vote has no effect on the outcome of the election. You can vote either way. It won’t make any difference. In contrast, if you live in a swing/battleground state, such as Florida, your vote can, in theory, flip the entire election. Everybody’s vote should count equally, no matter where they live. There should be no especially electorally privileged Americans.
In 2000 and again in 2016 the electoral college vote (the official vote) anointed one candidate, where the popular vote selected another, creating huge resentments. The president should be the one wanted by the most Americans, the popular vote.
Why is there an electoral college? Three reasons:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- In former times, people tended to vote for favourite sons. The electoral college was intended to stop the largest state from always picking the president.
- The founding fathers were not nearly as enthusiastic about democracy as we are now. They felt a layer of indirection with the electoral college could block wrong-headed popular enthusiasms. The electoral college members are not required by law to elect the presidential candidate the people voted him to represent.
- By the number of electoral votes assigned to a state, it gives more or less weight than the state would get naturally by population. The was a non-obvious political tool to rig the elections.
Politicians lie. Master politicians appear perfectly genuine when they lie. Skill in lying is how they became master politicians. Presidential candidates are the ultimate politicians. Thus you cannot tell if Trump is lying simply by watching his face or body language. There will be no tell in his voice. You have to fact check. Trump is considered by many as the world’s best liar. He even attempted to declare the Access Hollywood tape as a fake after admitting it was genuine, with Billy Bush as an eye-witness.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump and company keep changing their lies about collusion with the Russians. For some reason, Americans just believe the most recently-issued lie. Sane people would take this as conclusive evidence Trump was compulsively lying and never again believe a word he says.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
In the children’s story Chicken Little, a small piece of debris falls on Chicken Little’s head. He becomes convinced the sky is falling, and convinces his gullible friends indeed it is. Donald Trump is this way about terrorism. There are hundreds of things that will kill you more likely than a terrorist. He ignores them all. He is redirecting the budgets for education, domestic safety, pollution control, health, coast guard, search and rescue etc. to fight terrorism by vastly increasing the number of nukes.
He attempted to ban Muslims from the country by banning all people from countries who had never even sent a terrorist. On the other hand he did not ban Muslims from countries like Saudi Arabia that had made serious terrorist attacks. He made exceptions for countries with which he had business dealings. So perhaps his panic is more theatre than fear.
ISIS are not intimidated by nukes. They long to be martyred. Terrorists infiltrate civilian populations that may hate them as much as we do. A nuke kills every one in a city. The radiation cloud and the plant-killing dust cloud envelope the earth. Using nukes means you think it better that no one on earth survive than any terrorists continue to live. Terrorists are not that intolerable. After all, they kill fewer people than mosquitos.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
A year from now, which will be more important?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Whether your president knows how to chose a competent tech to properly configure an email server.
- Whether your president fulfils his promise to bankrupt the USA to get out of debt, while personally benefiting. What do you think the effect on the world economy will be losing its bedrock?
Trump claims climate change is a hoax invented by the Chinese to weaken US manufacturing. He knows that can’t be true because the Chinese are doing far more than the USA to combat climate change. If they made it up as a hoax, surely they would do nothing.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Climate Change Denial
Every month in 2016 was the highest global average temperature in recorded history. The runners up were the immediately preceding years. Yet Trump claims this is not happening.
He has not taken a single temperature measurement, much less enough measurements to track the global average. On what possible grounds does this ignoramus imagine he knows better than nearly all the world’s scientists and the US military?
The link between CO₂ emissions and global warming was discovered way back in the 1800s. The Chinese could not possibly have been involved as he claims. And further if the Chinese thought climate change were a hoax, why would they be one of the world’s leaders in combating it? He is either lying (because he is taking bribes from the sunset fossil fuel industry) or crazy.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Climate Change vs ISIS
The novel George Orwell’s 1984 describes an authoritarian society run by Big Brother. Like all autocratic leaders, Big Brother convinces the population to fanatically hate/fear some group, in his case Emmanuel Goldstein, to create compliance and unity.
Donald Trump uses ISIS for this same purpose. ISIS is not nearly as big or dangerous as he portrays. Consider that cars, airplanes, street drugs, bathtubs, swimming pools, house fires, hunting rifles, donuts, handguns… all kill far more Americans than ISIS does.
If you listen to Trump, you would think ISIS is about to bring America to its knees any day now, even though they don’t even own a single row boat or plane.
However, climate change is a monstrous threat, far greater than everything I have mentioned so far combined. Even if the USA put up the fight of its life, it will still likely be crushed. People find this so frightening, that the only way they have of dealing with it is to ignore the threat and wishfully imagine, without evidence, it were just a hoax. That erases any chance of survival.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
There are a remarkable number of serious clouds hanging over the Trump administration at his inauguration.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump won the election because he conspired with Putin to steal the election.
- He sexually assaulted 21 women and gang-raped a 13-year old.
- He announced he was a climate change denier and appointed climate change deniers to his cabinet.
- He announced he loves nuclear war.
- He claimed he was going to drain the swamp then appointed alligators to his cabinet such as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Exxon Mobil and 6 Goldman Sachs people, including Gary Cohn the president.
- Trump refused to put his holdings in a blind trust. He gave them to his son which violates the constitution. He has already started abusing his office, e.g. pressing foreign diplomats to stay at his hotels and to hold conventions there.
- He repeatedly lied that Obama was not an American citizen, that he was a Muslim and the founder of ISIS.
- He told hundreds of libelous lies about Hillary Clinton. He accused her of almost every crime imaginable without a stick of evidence.
- Trump claimed he was going to create many jobs, oddly, by tearing up trade treaties (thus destroying exports), killing the EPA and firing all the teachers.
- His bogus Trump University ripped off students.
- Trump refused to provide his income tax returns.
- Trump offered a phony health report that he clumsily forged himself.
- The consensus among psychiatrists is he is a narcissistic sociopath. He has so many psychological problems, he is not fit to govern.
To be a successful, a compulsive liar must have a good memory so the lies he tells are compatible with his previous lies. Trump has a borderline Alzheimer’s memory. His lies completely lack consistency.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Confidential to Donald
Donald. Let us do a little reality check.
You have not even seen Hillary’s emails, but you feel confident in claiming they are full of Hillary’s criminal activity.
In contrast, FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) Director Comey has seen them. He is a Republican, a former Bush lawyer, a former colleague of Mr Dirty Tricks, Karl Rove. He has risked jail several times to leak rumours and dirt on Hillary. He hates her guts. He has just declared he could find nothing incriminating in the latest batch of emails. That is just what you would expect from chit chat between Hillary and a lowly aide.
So, explain to me again why we should believe you, Mr. Trump rather than Mr. Comey. You have no way of knowing anything about the emails. Further, you are a compulsive liar. According to Politifacts, ¾ of what comes out of your mouth is a pants-on-fire lie, including your latest howler that Comey is a Hillary mole presumably planted in the days of George W. Bush, anticipating her future email scandal.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
There are a surprising number of Americans considering voting for Trump for a number of trivial and bigoted reasons. If they succeed in putting him into office there will be serious consequences. Here are a few of them:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump announced he is going to unilaterally pull out of all trade agreements and bully other countries into accepting terms much more favourable to the USA. Other countries are not going to like this one bit. At least for several years, there will be no trade agreements. Such agreements can often take a decade or more to negotiate. (Canada just completed one with Europe that took 7 years.) That will put the US economy into a tailspin. There is no guarantee anyone will negotiate with the USA after Trump proved that the USA no longer keeps its word. Why bother with an agreement if the US will just tear it up when they feel like it?
- Trump is a climate change denier. He said he is going to renege on the Paris agreement. Other countries will not like this. China, in particular, said there be serious consequences. By delaying action on climate change, Trump will take the world past the tipping point. Nobody will be able to pull us back from destruction. You, or at least your kids, will die as an effect of your stupid choice assuming that the wrong email server is the most important election consideration. You idiot!
- The only place that people like Trump is in the USA. In the rest of the world, they look on him as a new Hitler or Mussolini. This will discourage tourism. Many talented people will leave the country, just as they left Nazi Germany. They could see the writing on the wall.
- Trump says he is going to renege on the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) agreement. This will open the door for Putin, Trump’s bromance and supplier of dirt on Hillary, to throw his weight around in Europe.
- Trump gang-raped Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin. What would you think of a country that knowingly elected such a leader? The chant We’re #1 (in rape) will become an international joke. What Trump did is thousands of times worse than getting a blow job in the oval office. What kind of sicko looks the other way, without even a cursory investigation, before taking the rapist’s word.
- Trump has no respect for the constitution. Nearly all of his major promises are unconstitutional. We can expect nearly everything else he attempts will also spit on the constitution.
- Trump is the ultimate fat cat. His promised tax policy is to take money from the middle class and poor and give it to the rich and corporations. He warned you he subscribes to trickle down economics.
- Trump said he is going to slash all government services including schools, roads, sewers, bridges, air traffic control, search and rescue, police, fire, forest service, courts, medical care, environmental protection, food safety inspections… He wants to spend hugely more on nukes and military hardware so he can more effectively intimidate the other nations of earth. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Nukes are absolute power, and Trump has proven he always abuses any even minor power he attains.
- Trump has not the first idea about finances. He lost a almost a billion dollars in one year. His businesses went bankrupt four times. He has refused to reveal any records so we can evaluate just how good a businessman he is. He hired an army of lawyers and accounts to run his companies. He does not know the first thing about what they do. However, he imagines he is the world’s expert in absolutely everything. Think what a mess he will make of things.
- A corporation is a dictatorship. The CEO announces what he wants, and everyone jumps or gets fired. A government is a system of checks and balances. The president has to get things done with persuasion. Trump can work when he is the dictator.
What I don’t understand is why did Trump repeatedly shoot himself in the foot by lying to his followers that the vote would be rigged and hence there would be no point in voting.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
After decades, women came forth to accuse Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstein, Louis C.K. and Roy Moore of rape or sexual assault. The media refers to them as brave. I call them cowards and enablers. Had they come forward right away, it could have put a stop to these predators. The men would not have been free to attack so many other women. The women bear some of the responsibility for the crimes.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump refers to crooked Hillary. Supporters chant lock her up. Trump threatens to lock her up like a terrorist without due process if he is elected. Yet Trumpers never specify the crimes she is allegedly guilty off. Using the wrong email server, is an error, not a crime. Whatever these crimes are, he has presented no evidence, just made the vaguest allegations of diabolical wickedness. His case appears to be lies and bluff. The media never call him on this.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
DACA protects children who were brought illegally into the USA by their parents. It does not give them permanent citizenship, but it defers deportation so long as they keep registering. These children have unusually high rates of high school graduation, university graduation and employment. To qualify for the program, they must have perfect criminal records.
Why Repealing DACA is Wrong
- The US government made an agreement with the dreamers (illegal immigrant children) and now it is reneging.
- The children had nothing to do with the decision to immigrate illegally. It is unfair to punish them so severely.
- Industry wants to keep the workers.
- These people have been raised as American citizens. Many do not even speak the language of their parent’s native country. They do not know anyone in their parent’s native country. They have no job to go to.
- Younger dreamers have no one to care for them in their parent’s native country.
- It will rip families and friends apart. Some family members have citizenship. Some do not.
Why Is Trump Doing This?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He is racist. His whole campaign was about making America white again by expelling Mexicans and Muslims. He harbours racist notions about Mexicans e.g. that they are all rapists and drug dealers.
- Nazis, Ku Klux Klan, White Supremacists… support Trump. He feels obligated to do them a favour in return.
- Hispanics tend to vote Democrat. Dreamers cannot vote, but their families can. He wants to drive Hispanic families out of America to help the Republican vote.
- Trump cannot bully Mexico into paying for his wall. He has lost status in the eyes of his racist base. He needs to regain status by doing something nasty to Mexicans. He is behaving much like he were a member of a criminal gang.
- Trump claims he is expelling dreamers to uphold the law. That is not true. The law currently states dreamers can stay. He is changing the law make it racist. He could just as easily uphold the law by rewriting the law to give dreamers permanent citizenship if they proved good candidates.
Trump said he hates everyone in the white house, and these are his friends, hand-picked for slavering loyalty. Trump has an extreme narcissistic mental disorder. Narcissism is a trait found in nearly all mass shooters. Trump has the ability to end life on earth merely by tapping a button in a fit of pique. By tolerating Trump, we are putting a random mass shooter in charge of the red button.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
America has committed some horrible crimes in the last few decades, namely attacking and turning to rubble Viet Nam, Afghanistan and Iraq. They tortured people. They used banned weapons. They killed millions of children. Despite how they deny it with chants of We’re Number One they must, at least unconsciously, have a crippling guilt.
Perhaps that is why so many of them decided to vote for a fascist, a man who spits on the constitution, a bigot, a sexual predator, a teller of extravagant lies, a man who promised to bankrupt the country with unnecessary expenditure and stop necessary expenditure. They want their whole country to commit suicide using Trump to destroy it with a one-two punch of climate change followed by nuclear war.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Defeating the Triumvirate
The triumvirate, Trump, Pence and Scott Pruit (head of the EPA ) have set themselves the task of destroying life on earth by cranking up the emission of fossil fuel green houses gasses to the max. They are incredibly ignorant because they will kill off their own children and grandchildren too. They are low-IQ people. Trump has the emotional IQ (Intelligence Quotient) of a four year old child. Pence is a fundamentalist Christian. I would hope an AI (Artificial Intelligence) project could defeat them, by figuring out what to do to neutralise them, to destroy the climate charge denier movement and to figure out the optimal strategy to get on top of climate change. This a political problem. AI will have to break new ground.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Germans promoted Hitler because he promised to make Germany great again.
Italians promoted Mussolini because he promised to make the trains run on time.
Americans promoted Joseph McCarthy because he promised to make them safe from commies.
Americans promoted Trump because he promised to make America great again.
Do you think the supporters of these demagogues had no second thoughts when they later learned about the whole package? Demagogues turn out far worse than they promise.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Democracy can only be sustained if most citizens refrain from violence, threats, lies, bribery and obstruction to control government. The majority must not run roughshod over the minority. It must treat them fairly and listen to them. Clearly, the USA, under Trump is dismantling its democracy. Its only hope are people equally ruthless in defence of democracy.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Hillary Clinton referred to Trump’s supporters as deplorables. His supporters reacted with indignation. I think the term fits perfectly. Why?
- Trump supporters condone Trump’s gang rape of Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin.
- Trump supporters condone Trump’s sexual assaults of 21 women. details.
- They condone Trump the climate change denier. Science says we have only a few years to take action. If we don’t, we will go extinct.
- They condone Trump violating the constitution to officially discriminate against a religion.
- They condone Trump violating the constitution to deny equal rights to gay people.
- They condone Trump violating the constitution to lock up his political rivals.
- They condone Trump conspiring with Russia to spy on the Clinton campaign.
- They condone Trump faking bankruptcies to bilk investors out of billions of dollars, arranged by his lawyers to be perfectly legal.
- They condone Trump refusing to rent his properties to black people.
- They condone Trump’s goal to give nukes to Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia, and his professed desire to deploy nuclear attacks to intimidate in negotiations.
- They condone Trump lying ¾ of the time according to Politifacts.
- They condone Trump mocking a disabled man.
- They condone Trump mocking the parents of an American soldier killed in Iraq.
What more evidence do you need Trump’s supporters have no morals or an instinct for self preservation? Trump is giving off far more clues to his future evil intentions than Hitler ever did. Trump’s supporters are turned on by Trump the bully. They are sick puppies.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
In almost any other country, getting caught running a fake university that scammed students for tens of millions of dollars would be sufficient to disqualify a man from public office.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Does Trump Enjoy Being President?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump craves deference and adulation. He is getting ridicule.
- Like Reagan, he is an actor hired to play the president but frequently imagines he is in charge.
- In his business, he can fire anyone who does not kiss his ass. But as president, he cannot fire Bill Maher, Steven Colbert, SNL (Saturday Night Live), John Oliver, Seth Meyers, Sandra Bee…
- In his business, he is god. But as president, the courts can trump him. The system of checks and balances blocks him at every turn.
- He cannot mess around outside his marriage without getting caught and pilloried.
- Lots of people know things about him that would destroy him. Before, this sort of thing was just titillating gossip.
- Before, he could lie all he wanted. He simply shouted down anyone who contradicted him. Now researchers are fact-checking, looking up old documents, digging for video to prove he lied.
- His support is melting away by the day. None of his supporters particularly like him. They just want him to do them a favour.
- He cannot trust anyone. So many people are leaking information, he has no way of locating the leaks.
- Trump has no ability to focus. Every triviality grabs his attention. As president, there are a thousand emergencies every hour to attend to. He is like the sorcerer’s apprentice. He cannot keep up with what is expected of him.
- Trump is over his head. The detail overwhelms him. He hands his work over to Bannon, Kushner and Ryan. He spends his days Tweeting, watching TV news, conducting tours of the White House and playing golf.
Donald Cay Johnson
Donald Cay Johnson is best reporter or Donald J. Trump. Trump is such a scoundrel, and Johnson has tracked years of it.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Book referral for The Making of Donald Trump recommend book⇒The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston 978-1-61219-687-9 paperback birth 1948-12-24 age:69 978-1-61219-632-9 hardcover publisher Melville House B01GYPLR1U kindle published 2017-11-14 David Cay Johnson has been following Trump for years. He knows hundreds of tales of Trump’s bullshitting, swindling, cheating, racism, associate with criminal, incompetence and narcissism.
Online bookstores carrying The Making of Donald Trump abe books anz abe books.ca abe books.de amazon.ca amazon.de Chapters Indigo amazon.es Chapters Indigo eBooks iberlibro.com abe books.com abe books.fr amazon.com amazon.fr Barnes & Noble abe books.it Nook at Barnes & Noble amazon.it Kobo junglee.com Google play abe books.co.uk O’Reilly Safari amazon.co.uk Powells other stores Greyed out stores probably do not have the item in stock. Try looking for it with a bookfinder.
Donald J. Trump
What is Donald Trump up to? Consider he is attempting to destroy the GOP (Grand Old Party). The GOP sufferers from an image problem namely that it is formed only of rich old men, selfish, greedy, lying, cruel, ignorant, science-hating, women-hating, gay-hating, Hispanic hating… So Trump charges in doing everything he can to embody the stereotype and glue it to the GOP. Who is he really working for? Who will benefit the most from this?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is insane. Many times he said he wants to use nuclear weapons against his rivals. He also said Let it be an arms race. He called for vastly increased spending on nukes. He said he wants them to proliferate. He told us I love war, including nuclear weapons. He is a modern day Dr. Strangelove. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? He announced he is stopping all action to block climate change. The stakes could not be higher — the continued existence of all vertebrate life on earth; not just humanity. Trump must be stopped, by hook or by crook.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Drain The Swamp
During the campaign, Trump promised to drain the swamp. He accused Hillary of being crooked because she had addressed Goldman Sachs employees. He said he was the one to drain the swamp because he had absolutely no ties to Goldman Sachs. However, he appointed 6 Goldman Sachs employees, including the CEO, to his cabinet. He appointed Goldman Sachs employee, Steve Bannon as his top advisor. He also appointed the chairman of Exxon Mobil to his cabinet, whose main goal is to lift sanctions on Russia so Exxon Mobil can complete its massive oil deals with Russia. Tom Price, nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services, was caught taking bribes and insider trading. Trump was so cynical.
It must be obvious to Trump supporters he is doing the exact opposite of what he promised. Yet oddly, they pretend not to notice, and claim all reports of his alligator appointments are fake news. They refuse to believe anything they do not want to hear. They refuse to do any research to find out the truth, e.g. by looking at Trump’s own whitehouse.gov website.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Drain the Swamp
Trump has joined with the banks and lenders to emasculate the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau the protects the public from predatory lenders. This is the exact opposite of what he promised to do.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Drain the Swamp
Trump promised to drain the swamp, but his own corruption dwarfs everyone else put together. He has already been telling dignitaries to stay in his hotel if they want a hearing. He announced his plan is to ignore the problem of conflict of interest and make out like a bandit by using his office to increase the profitability of his 200 odd companies by peddling influence. For some inexplicable reason, the president is exempt from conflict of interest law, and Trump plans to fully exploit that.
Presidents are not allowed to take gifts from foreign countries, yet Trump has already accepted a gold golf club from Japan.
However, his most important corruption is to pretend to be a climate change denier, and to select deniers Mike Pense and Scott Pruitt in return for millions from the Koch brothers who want to spread FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) to milk a few more years out of their sunset fossil fuel investments. He is willing to betray the entire planet. He hired for his secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, the chief executive of ExxonMobil, a company that spread disinformation about climate change. That is much bigger than anything Judas ever did. He plans to let the planet die.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The reasons to remove Trump are obvious, but why would a Trump supporter want to do so?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump promised a health care system cheaper than Obamacare, that covered everyone and that gave better care. What he delivered is more expensive care, that drops care for 21 million people, that refuses to cover pre-existing conditions, that gives bare-bones care.
- Trump promised to build a wall between the USA and Mexico and make the Mexicans pay for it. He grossly underestimated the cost, and gave up completely getting Mexico to pay for it. He did nothing to persuade them.
- Trump promised a Muslim ban, knowing perfectly well it was unconstitutional.
- Trump claimed he was going to drain the swamp then appointed alligators to his cabinet such as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson the CEO of Exxon Mobil and 6 Goldman Sachs people, including Gary Cohn the president.
- Trump hired a known Russian and Turkish spy, Michael Flynn, as his security advisor.
- Trump spilled top level secrets to the Russians.
- Trump promised he would not take office without first releasing his tax returns. He broke that promise. He is not a billionaire as he claimed. He lost a lawsuit because he could not show he was a billionaire.
- Trump promised to put his holdings in a blind trust. He broke that promise.
- He has been knowingly accepting millions of unearned dollars from Russian oligarchs.
Many humans, if they discover their driver is drunk, will not demand to be let out. Instead, they will try to convince themselves the driver is not really drunk or it does not matter than they are drunk. This is what the Trump supporters are doing.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s followers believe him even when he tells outrageous lies. His secret? He tells them what they want to hear.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Effect of Trump on Atheists
The Trump/Pence administration is bad news for the 25% of Americans who do not believe in a god. It is also bad news for the Americans who do not believe in a Christian god, but believe in some other one.
With his Muslim ban, Donald Trump has shown his willingness to scapegoat religious minorities to curry favour with his bigoted base. The irony is that Trump is certainly lying when he claims to be an ardent Christian.
Mike Pence is a Christian triumphalist who believes it is his right and duty to force Christianity down the throats of everyone because it is good for them.
The secretary of education, Betsy DeVos, wants to disband public education and send all students off to Christian private schools. These three people have religious attitudes torn from the 1600s Europe.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Effect of Trump on Canada
Trump has announced he plans to disband the EPA and all regulation. This means no more regulations on pesticides or hormones. It means allowing industrial or meat packing offal to contaminate food. It means no more meat or food inspection. It means corporations can lie about freshness dates. It means no more food purity. Companies can put whatever fillers they please in foods.
It means no more cleaning up manure or oil spills. It means torrents of pollution killing the last remaining fish in the Great Lakes.
Canada depends heavily for its food on the USA. It had better start making its own to be ready. We should also try to make quite a bit extra to sell the poor Americans stuck with Trump’s contaminated food.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has made such a production of Hillary’ email scandals. This hyperbole worked because almost none of his followers knew what an email server was. If Hillary had been working for a corporation and used the wrong email server, her boss would say Oops. You have been using the wrong email server. I’ll call in the IT (Information Technology) guy to set it up properly. There would be no reprimands. There would be no criminal investigation. Executives are not responsible for how their email servers are hooked up any more than they are responsible for how their printers are configured. That is the province of the IT techs. There is no way Hillary is trained as a Unix system admin.
Normally a subpoena has to be very specific, relevant to a specific charge. This one was a fishing expedition on everything Hillary ever said in an email and everything anyone said to her. She was treated with disregard for law and the constitution the way America treats suspected terrorists.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
For years Trump and his supporters told lie after lie about Obama’s citizenship. Trump built his entire political career telling birther lies. Eventually, they had to admit it was all lies. Neither Trump nor his supporters offered an apology or compensation, but instead started telling even bigger lies about Hillary, that she was the biggest criminal of all time. Trump’s supporters knew he was lying both about Obama and Hillary. Yet they cheered him on anyway ignoring the lies, bearing false witness. What disgusting excuses for humanity!~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Existence of God
If god existed, surely he would have prevented Donald Trump.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Expecting To Lose
Trump was 27 points behind Hillary. He suffered the humiliation of the Access Hollywood Tape. He was so sure he was going to lose, he refused to donate even a dime to his own campaign. Everyone thought he would lose. He was cheerful about this. Even losing would enhance his brand and his proposed new TV network. His fortunes did not change until he arranged with Putin to rig the election in return for dropping the sanctions. Putin had no scruples. No dirty trick was too dirty.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
A species stupid enough to vote for Donald Trump in significant numbers deserves to go extinct from the resulting nuclear war or runaway climate change.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump claims to have invented the word fake despite its first use in 1775 long before he was born. It originally referred to the practice of inserting a live eel up a horse’s anus to make the horse appear more lively.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
During the 2016 US Presidential election, the pro-Trump forces made up new fake news stories every day. They never offered any evidence. The pro-Trump forces eagerly spread these stories, fervently believing them only because they reinforced their belief that Hillary was the daughter of Satan.
There was no downside to telling these stories. If there were believed, they inflamed the Trump supporters and dispirited the Clinton supporters. If there were not believed, the result was no different than had the lies never been released.
We need to restore the penalty for emitting fake news. We need to track fake news back to its source. Then thoroughly debunk it, and sue the liars for libel. Then publicly shame the liars who spread the story and organise retaliation, blocking and shunning.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The problem is not fake news. The problem is one man, Donald Trump, who has lied outrageously and got away with it. Further he has encouraged his supporters to lie massively. When he is removed, the problem will go away.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
There really is no crisis of fake news and alternative facts. We have a simple problem, the president of the USA is a compulsive liar and his supporters also lie for him. This is a very old problem. All you have to do is take everything Trump says with a large grain of salt.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump accuses the traditional news outlets: NBC (National Broadcasting Corporation), CNN (Cable News Network), CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), ABC (American Broadcasting Corporation) of producing fake news. But their news consists mainly of video of Trump and his surrogates speaking, interviews with white house staff, and Trump’s tweets, which anyone can verify. Just how do they pull off fake news? showing Trump impersonators delivering fake speeches? In contrast, Breitbart makes up the news without sources and without backing video.
Sometimes the media air leaks, labeling them as anonymously sourced. Trump labels these simultaneously as leaks and as fake news made up out of whole cloth. He can’t have it both ways.
Trump accuses all mainstream media of broadcasting fake news all the time. He never gives an example. He never offers evidence any particular news story is made up. The closest he comes is claiming the spin on some particular story is not positive enough to satisfy his sensitive ego. Trump loves to claim the Russia scandal is fake news even though there are four non-partisan official investigations underway. He so astoundingly confident in his ability to bamboozle his base.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump claims Michael Flynn was taken down by fake news. If that is so, Trump fired Flynn for no reason. Trump’s lies are not only false, they make no sense.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Fall of the House Of Trump
It is inevitable Trump will fall. It is only a matter of how quickly.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Fallout of the Email Scandal
Let’s say lying Donald Trump manages to sell the American people that Hillary accidentally using the wrong email server is the crime of the century and he wins. What’s next?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- There are 21 women waiting to take Trump to court for sexual assault. Trump will have a problem 21 times bigger than Bill Clinton did. Bill got blow jobs. Trump committed felony sexual assaults. That would be enough to impeach him.
- Trump has made all kinds of grand promises that he cannot keep, either because they are unconstitutional, or because they require the consent of both the house and senate, or because they are far too expensive. People who voted for him will feel betrayed.
- Once you are president you can’t get away with lies and promises. You have to deliver. You have to know what you are doing. Trump is incompetent. He will be the worst president in history. There won’t be another Republican president for a generation.
- He has made all manner of deep enemies including: the Republican party, Hispanics, blacks, gays, women, Muslims… More than half the country hates him. They will unite to see that his presidency fails. The only thing that keeps him alive politically, is he has managed to convince so many people that Hillary is crooked. With her out the way he will become everyone’s punching bag. We know Trump will overreact with paranoia, emotion and vindictiveness. Recall that Nixon, someone much more mentally stable than Trump, contemplated starting a nuclear war when the nation rejected him.
- The most important thing that will happen is a consequence of Donald being a climate change denier. We will miss the window. It will be too late for any subsequent president pull us back from the brink. Over the next century, we gradually and inevitably will go extinct. Americans volunteered to commit mass suicide because of a wrong email server. It is tragic, but also funny, worthy of a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- Even if you are a climate change denier and dyed in the wool Republican, you should not vote for Trump, purely for strategic reasons. Surely you want there to be a viable Republican party a decade from now.
The Fate Of The Earth
The fate of the earth may well already have been sealed, but if there is any hope, it depends on some crazy people killing off the Republican party, the Trump White House and their major financial supporters. Two dooms need to be averted, climate change and nuclear war.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
I think it is time to punish Trump supporters. Trump supporters are gullible, superstitious and irrational. The obvious way to punish them is to tell them we have hired some Voodoo priests to sacrifice some chickens and goats to put this two-part curse on them:
- Most Trump supporters will die of cancer.
- Male Trump supporters will gradually lose the ability to gain and hold an erection.
But why torment Trump supporters who have no idea of what a terrible thing they did?
Trump is insane. Many times said he wants to use nuclear weapons against his rivals. He also said Let it be an arms race. He called for vastly increased spending on nukes. He said he wants them to proliferate. He told us I love war, including nuclear weapons. He is a modern day Dr. Strangelove. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them?
Secondly, he announced he is discontinuing all action to fight climate change. The stakes could not be higher — the continued existence of all vertebrate life on earth; not just humanity.
Trump supporters brazenly betrayed their planet, a megacrime, and further threw minorities under the bus in the magical belief it would create prosperity. Even if it does no good to take revenge, such a massive attack on our planet should not be allowed to go unpunished. Trump must be stopped, by hook or by crook.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Fire and Fury
Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff reports what White House insiders were saying about each other. Trump gave Wolff free reign to sit in the White House and interview anyone he pleased.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
When I was a teenager I went to a play called The Firebugs by Max Frisch. In it, a landlord rents a room to some arsonists. He gets plenty of warning they are arsonists, but he keeps making excuses for them. Eventually, they burn down his house.
This reminds me of the way Americans ignore the evidence of Trump’s dementia. What does Trump have to do before people take action? Start a nuclear war?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Firing James Comey
On 2017-05-09 Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, then over a period of days offered eight different rationalisations for doing so. When each excuse failed to fly, he made up another, making it even more obvious everything he said was a pack of lies. It is obvious he did it because Comey was heading an investigation into Trump and Putin colluding to fix the 2016 election. Comey was getting too close to finding impeachable crimes.
Here are a few of Trump’s excuses.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Comey treated Hillary Clinton unfairly in the email scandal investigation. It is an odd rationalisation from a guy who called her crooked Hillary and screamed lock her up. Trump’s behaviour was far more lawless than Comey’s.
- Comey refused to press criminal charges against Hillary Clinton.
- Comey refused to swear loyalty to Trump, like some sort of Mafia don.
- Comey refused to prosecute Trump’s evidence-free claim that Obama wire tapped him.
- Comey was a show boat.
- Comey did not clear the content of a speech he was about to give with the Attorney General, Jeff Sessions.
- Trump announced that deputy attorney General Rod Rosenstein wrote him a letter, complaining about Comey and asking Trump to fire him. Rosenstein said Trump lied. He said Trump visited him and demanded a letter to use in justifying firing Comey.
- Trump presented a letter from attorney general Jeff Sessions justifying firing Comey. Sessions had recused himself on the Hillary emails scandal and the Russian election scandal, so he had no business interfering.
Trump announces as policy the first idea that pops into his head, usually one simplistic enough to appeal to a troglodyte Trump voter. Then he learns all the downsides and changes his mind.
A competent president gets experts to tell him all the cost benefits of a certain plan, and recommend alternatives, then he decides what to do and announces it. Then he can appear firm and measured and avoid most of the flip-flops.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
There are many countries I would not consider for a holiday, mainly because their governments can not be trusted to behave rationally: Zimbabwe, Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Somalia, Turkey, the USA.
Anyone in the USA who makes a living from foreign tourists has good reason to wring Trump’s neck.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Millions of people voted for Trump. I think, by doing that, they have forfeited their moral right to life. They were willing to throw Muslims, gays, blacks, women, Jews and Hispanics under the bus, letting their hatred boil over. Decent people, even when they do not particularly like some group, still insist on treating them equally and fairly. Trump supporters behaved like the Germans who supported Hitler to indulge their hatred of Jews. What Trump supporters did was much worse. Trump telegraphed far more evil that Hitler did.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
From Russia With Love
A Trump spokeswoman claimed there is no evidence whatsoever of collusion between Trump and Putin. If Russia hacked only Hillary and only leaked dirt on Hillary, and the FBI says the Russians are hacking and leaking to influence the election, it is obviously not to help Hillary win. It is to help Trump. Trump keeps bragging he mysteriously knows the contents of Hillary’s emails. Maybe he is telling the truth. Perhaps either the FBI or Putin leaked them to him.
What is Trump openly doing as payback to the Russians?
- slavishly, almost homoerotically, praising Putin.
- saying he will renege on NATO to leave Europe defenceless against Russia.
- calling for appeasement of Putin on Syria, Crimea and the Ukraine.
Trump is a child rapist and commits serial sexual assaults. It would be a snap for the Russians to get him on film for blackmail on one of his many trips to Russia. Trump admitted in the Access Hollywood tape that he has no sexual impulse control.
David Corn on Russia blackmailing Trump~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
My parents told me that in the 1930s, there were newsreels along with the movies. They often showed Adolph Hitler screaming in German. They Canadian audience would be in stitches. In 1940, Charlie Chaplin released The Great Dictator mocking Hitler. Trump is such a clown, we hold him in complete contempt. It would be wiser to think of him as a neo-Hitler. He is like a baby playing with a machine gun.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump won by stimulating hatred for Hispanics, blacks, gays and even women. This strategy only works when white bigots are in the majority. Demographers tells us that if current rates of national population change trend as they have for the past 20 years, by 2035, non-Hispanic whites will be outnumbered by minorities. In fact, Hawaii, California, New Mexico, and Texas have minority non-Hispanic white populations today.
Not all whites are racists, so the bigots will be outnumbered long before then. Further, the most bigoted are the older white males, who will be first to die off.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
US Security Agencies said that the Russians have compromising photographs of Trump getting prostitutes to perform golden showers (urination) onto his bed at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Moscow. Trump defended himself saying this was impossible because he was a germaphobe. I think this excuse is invalid because:
- Trump publicly announced that he used to be a germaphobe and could not even shake hands with people, but he has since overcome the phobia.
- Urine is sterile. It can be used in an emergency as a substitute for sterile water.
- It is not alleged that Trump drank the urine, or touched it, or even smelled it, merely that he watched prostitutes urinating.
Trump was outraged that the story was released without two independent verified sources. Huh? Trump released hundreds of fake news stories accusing Hillary Clinton of every crime imaginable without even a single source. What right has he to demand infinitely better consideration than he gives others?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Good News About Trump Supporters
The good news about Trump supporters is most of them did not vote for Trump because he is a rapist, bigot, racist, homophobic misogynist. They held their noses and voted for him to get his promised economic benefits. I feel revulsion that they were able to overlook such serious negatives, purely for selfish, imaginary economic benefits. They were quite willing to throw others under the bus purely for perceived economic gain.
That is reminiscent of the way Hitler was able to sell persecution of Jews. Hitler sold the holocaust by pointing out Germans would enjoy the wealth from the Jewish confiscated property. I would not lift a finger to save the life of a Trump supporter. They are traitors to their fellow Americans and planetary citizens.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
When someone criticises Trump, Trump responds with withering personal insults nothing whatever to do with the criticism. He never defends himself as an adult would. Further, he seeks revenge. It would never occur to him to use the criticism for self-reflection.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Hillary’s Email Scandal
I would hazard a guess that only 1% of executives even know what an email server is. The number of Trump’s supporters who know what one it would be even lower. That is how he has been able to bamboozle his followers into thinking the email scandal is the crime of the century. Pretty well everyone has IT tech specialists set up their email servers and clients for them. Hillary is a busy executive. I strongly doubt, prior to the scandal, that she too knew what an email server was.
She would have asked her IT guy to set up the email in such a way to make it more difficult for other people in the government to snoop on her emails. He would have done that by setting up a private server. It might not have dawned on him that for classified materials, you need to harden your server to government specifications.
This worked great as far as Hillary was concerned. There were fewer leaks. All went fine until someone pointed out that classified email should go through a hardened server, not a civilian private server. Hillary’s political enemies got wind of this and made it sound as if she had been selling state secrets to the Russians.
It was not even her who made the mistake. It was her IT guy. It was an honest mistake not a crime. Hillary’s political enemies have taken advantage of the fact the almost no one in the public knows what an email server is either, to paint her error as the biggest treason since Benedict Arnold. It is a tempest in a teapot.
Trump has made such a production of the email scandals. This hyperbole works because almost none of his followers know what an email server is. If Hillary had been working for a corporation and used the wrong email server, her boss would say Oops. You have been using the wrong email server. I’ll call in the IT guy to set it up properly. There would have been no reprimands. There would have been no criminal investigation. Executives are not responsible for how their email servers are hooked up any more than they are responsible for how their printers are configured. That is the province of the IT techs.
Further, Hillary deleted emails she had dealt with or would never get around to. I do the same. Probably, you do too. In a government system, the server maintains and backs up a permanent log of all emails, deleted or not. I gather in Hillary’s case, the IT guy did not set up the log and backup properly. That is not Hillary’s fault. Her political enemies are trying to depict her deleting emails as something sinister. Her enemies don’t care about the truth. They just want something that confuses the public that they can use to paint Hillary as a criminal.
Deleting emails is normal procedure to clear the decks. Almost everyone who uses email makes frequent use of the delete button. There is not time to read everything. The server is supposed to maintain a backup log. If it does not, that is the IT guy’s fault.
If this truly is the worst dirt on Hillary, she is a flipping saint.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump kept calling Hillary crooked. He never specified her crime. All he would say is it had something to do with emails. He never offered any evidence. He just repeated the claim thousands of times. His idiot followers took up the chant lock her up, without realising (or caring) it was an utterly empty lie.
His followers were technopeasants, who had not even the first clue what an email server was. This made is easier for Donald to make it sound like using the wrong email server was worse than treason, even though the FBI said it was a non-criminal simple error.
Trump’s lies about Hillary were just as empty as his lies about Obama’s birth certificate.
Even though Trump thoroughly disgraced himself with years of birther lies, for some reason his reputation for truth remained intact. He was able to get away with thousands of new lies, with nothing more than Hitlerian big-lie repetition. He never offered evidence for any of them.
Hillary did not want the campaign to degenerate to an endless discussion about the email server lie, so she said nothing. The problem was Trump supporters took this as a tacit admission of guilt. She should have had some surrogates challenge Donald to be specific and to put up or shut up with evidence, perhaps even threaten him with a libel suit (borrowing a page from his own playbook).
Many Trump voters held their noses to vote for him. They wanted an outsider who would run Washington with businesslike efficiency and sweep away the corruption. They were willing to put up with racism, rape, bigotry, mental deficiency… to get it.
Trump’s claim to be a white knight was nonsense. Trump himself bragged about how he bought politicians. The constitution does not permit a corporate dictator. It is a system of checks and balances. The president cannot fire people who disagree with him. Hillary failed to debunk this dictatorial image that Trump falsely created for himself. Trump is filling his cabinet with insiders. He is refusing to put his assets into a blind trust. He is laying the groundwork to be far more corrupt himself than Hillary or Bill ever were.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
By Hook or By Crook
The seriousness of Donald Trump appointing a climate change denier Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist is far bigger than anyone lets themselves imagine. Trump is a far bigger threat to the planet that Hitler ever was. As a result of this appointment, climate change efforts are collapsing all over the earth. Conservatives like Donna Ambrose, head of the Canadian Conservative party, argues Canada would be at an economic disadvantage if the USA abandons efforts at curbing climate change, so we must immediately follow on their suicidal path. Anything else would be stupid. Nothing else matters but the next quarter’s economy.
Further, Donald said I love war, and that includes nuclear war. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? Many times he said he wants to use nuclear weapons against his rivals. He also said Let it be an arms race. He called for vastly increased spending on nukes. He said he wants them to proliferate. He is a modern day Dr. Strangelove. The man is stark raving mad. He wants to use nuclear weapons for intimidation and bargaining. This guy has the mentality of Attila the Hun, but with weapons Attila could only dream of.
Unless somebody assassinates him or he drops dead, I think our planet is done for. His unbelievably stupid supporters who did this to themselves believed using the wrong email server justified ending vertebrate life on planet earth. He has to be stopped by hook or by crook. Unfortunately, even with Donald himself out the way, VP (Vice President) Mike Pence, Scott Pruitt, Rick Perry and Steve Bannon are still a climate change deniers.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
How Is Trump Crazy?
Donald Trump has an unusual personality. Unfortunately he does not suffer from something common like depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia which can be improved with drugs. Modern medicine can’t do anything for his problems.
In terms of Reinventing Your life: How to Break Free From Negative Life Patterns and Feel Good Again by Jeffrey E. Young, Trump suffers from the entitlement lifetrap. He imagines that he is the center of the universe. Only his desires have any importance. He has no compassion. He has no ability to understand how others think.
He suffers from extreme narcissism. This makes him unusually sensitive to criticism. He reacts to criticism with an intense desire for revenge. He demands constant adulation. He is obsessed with the size of crowds who come out to see him. He is unable to derive enjoyment from ordinary activities. All pleasurable events have to be spectacular. He treats his wife and children as fashion accessories. Even in public, he pushes them around like trained dogs.
The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President by Bandy X. Lee, MD.
Trump enjoys bullying and insulting people just for the sake of bullying, even his allies. This habit gradually alienates everyone who have any dealings with him. International relations have complex protocols to avoid bruising any egos. Trump enjoys insulting other foreign leaders. He behaves like he has mild Touret’s syndrome, except Touret’s sufferers are embarrassed at their outbursts. Part of this is his overweaning desire to win and even more so to humiliate his opponents. All life becomes a contest of wills.
Trump lies compulsively almost every time he opens his mouth. He will even lie about matters that are easy to check and things that are completely inconsequential. For example, he will claim he never said something, when there is video tape of him saying those exact words. Even when he is caught in the lie, he brazenly sticks by it, and orders his surrogates to do likewise. Trump is a quite convincing liar. It is possible he truly believes his own lies, (which is why he lies so well) and lives in an alternate reality. If you take Trump, Conway, Priebus and Spicer literally, they live in a dream world stubbornly defending their alternative facts. With all four of them telling the same lie, it is quite convincing for the base.
Trump sees the world very much as us vs them. Trump supporters who believe there is no such thing as business ethics, white, male, Christian and American are us. Everyone else are enemies who need to be ridiculed, suppressed, if not destroyed. He claims to have a paranoid fear of Muslims, but I suspect that is just a tool to throw meat to his bigoted base. He does not understand he is the president of all Americans, including those who did not vote for him.
In an interview, Trump once explained how much he relished seeking revenge. He explained that anyone who failed to support him, or who failed to do him a favour when asked, deserved revenge. According to Trump, revenge requires totally destroying someone’s life. He had to teach them a lesson so they would never again mess with Donald J. Trump. This is entitlement gone mad.
He claims that all media have conspired against him and are fabricating nothing but lies about him. By repeating this over and over, using Hitler’s big lie technique, he has convinced his base to believe him and to ignore any media fact checking. This could be true paranoia, or just a demagogic ploy.
Trump appointed various people who stated their goal was to destroy the department they were appointed to head. One of his appointees said he was looking forward to destroying Europe by destabilising the euro. That is an act of war against a major ally. That is insane! This is hardly keeping the oath of office. He is behaving like a Putin puppet out to destroy America. He has shown he can do an incredible amount of damage in a very short time. Orson Scott Card fans will recall Abner Doon and how he destroyed Italy. There is a lot of wishful thinking about Trump from both sides of the aisle. It is much easier to remove a mentally unstable demagogue early in his career.
Trump has a rage disorder. Most people grow out of these temper tantrums by age 3.
Even his own staff complain Trump the Impulsive behaves like a child, e.g. his tweeting addiction, acting without consulting or informing anyone else, acting without reflection. He often gets completely distracted by the trivial, such as a feud with a Venezuelan beauty queen and neglects his duties.
Trump refers to himself as Donald J. Trump. This is called illeism. People with an extremely high opinion of themselves do this such as the Queen, Julius Caesar, Charles de Gaulle, and Mikhail Gorbachev.
Trump said that he loves nuclear war. Compare him with Dr. Strangelove. To Trump, nearly everyone is a loser and deserves only contempt. Trump might not fit the precis definition of a mentally ill person, but when it comes to launching nukes, you want a higher bar.
The 25th amendment to the constitution deals with removing a defective president from office. It uses the wording Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office.source source
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
How You Know Trump Is Lying
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump is a compulsive liar. He lies even when he does not need to and even when it is trivially easy to catch him in his lie.
- Consider his famous lie that he did not mock a disabled reporter, Serge F. Kovaleski. He claimed he did not do it, yet everyone has seen him do it over and over on tape (unless of course they watch only FOX news).
- Trump claims 21 women are all falsely accusing him of sexual assault. He also accuses their witnesses and corroborators. Oddly though, on the Access Hollywood tape, he confessed to routinely sexually assaulting women. Who should we believe? the Trump that denies sexual assaults or the one that confessed to making it a habit? With all those accusers, the odds of Trump being innocent are about the same as Bill Cosby.
- Trump accused the Clintons of robbing their own charity. Trump has been caught over and over robbing his own charity. He tends to accuse others of his own crimes. Yet the auditors said the Clinton Foundation was one of the best run, most effective charities on the planet. How would Trump know more about the inner workings than the auditors? He is just bluffing.
- Trump can’t help giving himself away. All through the election he kept claiming the election was rigged, even though he refused to provide any evidence. It turned out he was the one, in concert with Putin, rigging it.
- He often claims knowledge and skills he does not have, like the intricacies of hacking. He do not even know how to write a 10-line computer program in Basic. He also claimed to know more about the middle east than the combined generals, even though he did not even know the names of the players in the region.
- During the election, according to Politifacts fact-checking, Trump lied 75% of the time, many times higher than the average politician.
- Twitter allows Trump to issue short cryptic remarks and refuse questions to elaborate.
- Trump has some standard tricks: Trump tells each lie three times. If he is accused of some wrongdoing, he falsely accuses the accuser of the same crime. If some asks an embarrassing question, Trump accuses him of lying and refuses to answer. Trump affects phony righteous indignation whenever he is accused of wrongdoing.
- The bottom line is this. Trump lies far more often than he tells the truth. Thus, if there is any doubt, the odds are he is lying, yet again.
Trump and his fellow climate change deniers who pretend that CO₂ does not cause climate change must take responsibility for the consequences of their lies, including the death and destruction of once-in-a-thousand-years hurricane Harvey. Some lawsuits are in order.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
During the election, Trump demanded that Wikileaks originating from and doctored by Russian hackers be published and promoted even though there was nothing to confirm their veracity.
Then when the unclassified briefing given to Obama and Trump about the Russian hacking and blackmail of Trump was released, they screamed blue murder that this briefing was not sufficiently verified and should have never been published. Surely it was thousands of times more trustworthy.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
I Can’t Stomach a Hillary Clinton Presidency
A Trump supporter said I can’t stomach a Hillary Clinton presidency. What the fuck? What do they think she is going to do they would find so distasteful?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Maybe they think using the wrong email server is like putting plutonium in Flint’s tap water. It is a trivial error, one made by a tech, not Hillary herself. Executives don’t configure email servers. Do you really think one of Hillary’s secret talents is a Unix system administrator? Give me a break? Where did she squeeze in the years of training? Most execs don’t even know what email servers are (at least prior to this phony scandal). Trump has blown it all out of proportion. Even the Republican FBI prosecutor, who hates her guts, said it was an error, not a crime.
- Are you worried because she wants people to have healthcare? It is not as though she is going to give you an enema you did not request. The alternative is letting people die. Seriously, is that what you want? She is pushing toward a Canadian system that gives much better care and costs half as much. Do you realise what the US is doing now has outcomes on par with third world countries and you pay twice as much as anyone else, according to the CIA.
- Do you think she will take away all your guns? She cannot without a constitutional amendment. That requires two-thirds of the House and Senate to approve of the proposals and three-fourths of the states. That is simply not going to happen so long as there is an NRA (National Rifle Association) bribing and threatening politicians. It does not matter what Hillary wants.
- Are you worried Hillary will leave abortion law is at is now, where you decide, rather than having some bureaucrat decide for you? What’s the matter with you? I thought you wanted the government off your back.
- Are you afraid Hillary will spend like a drunken sailor? Think tanks have analysed Hillary’s and Donald’s spending proposals. Donald plans for raising the debt over 5 times as much as Hillary, then defaulting on it. He said he wants to deliberately force a national bankruptcy where he rips off creditors for billions, enriching himself, and he did in his own four phony bankruptcies. He wants to spend even more money on nukes and the military, even though the USA already spends more than the rest of the world put together. He wants to use nuclear intimidation to bully the planet. The guy is dangerously drunk with power.
- Are you upset that Monica Lewinsky gave Bill Clinton a blow job? That violated Christian morality, but it was at least legal unlike Trump’s 21 sexual assaults and rape of 13-year-old Katie Johnson. That’s Bill’s doing, not Hillary’s. In contrast, Trump refuses to show documentation to prove his wife is in the country legally, rather ironic given his professed hatred of immigrants and history of declaring citizenship documents bogus without examining them.
- Or are you one of the faithful who believe all of Trump’s debunked lies about Hillary, even though he never offers any evidence to support them?
The Imaginary President
The CBC interviewed Trump voters from all over the world as part of its election night coverage. They would ask about various Trump negatives. His supporters would respond like this:
- About the wall. He did not mean that. I know him in my heart. He would never do that.
- About ridding America of Muslims. That was just election talk to get votes. He would never actually do that.
- About the 21 women and numerous witnesses accusing him of sexual assault. He said they are all liars. He would never lie. That is good enough for me. Oddly Trump supporters have 100% amnesia about him confessing to multiple counts of sexual assault.
- About deliberately proliferating nukes to other countries. He did not mean that. He was just tired, and the media must have taken it out of context.
- About forcing women to go to illegal abortionists. If women refuse to live by the values of my church, they deserve hell.
- About locking up his political opponents without due process. He was just exaggerating. I can 110% guarantee whatever he does will be legal. Hillary is so crooked, she should be executed. She does not deserve a trial. Trump supporters can never actually enumerate Hillary’s crimes. All they know is Trump told them they had something do with email and they were the biggest scandal since Watergate.
- About tearing up our NATO agreement and all trade agreements. Oh, he can’t be serious. Russia would have a free hand in Europe. Without agreements, all our trade would dry up. It would take a decade to renegotiate. After us reneging other countries might even refuse to negotiate.
These people did note vote for the actual Trump, but the Trump as they wish he were. The Germans were shocked by Hitler. He too announced exactly what he planned to do (in his book Mein Kampf ). His supporters did not believe him either.
The good news is, Americans will be soon thoroughly punished for their stupidity and gullibility. Trump promised the moon, yet he cannot deliver. If he follows his plan, he will deliver a major recession instead.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Like humans, countries have an immune system. It is not as precise and not as quick, but think it will eventually vomit out Trump as a parasite.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
It would please me no end if Trump were the first president in history impeached in his first days of office. It could happen several ways:
- conspiring with Vladimir Putin to subvert the US federal election.
- voting fraud.
- gang raping Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin.
- Fraud with Trump University.
- Failure to separate himself from his businesses.
He could be impeached in the usual manner, or removed by the 25th amendment.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
On what grounds might you impeach trump?
- Sexually assaulting 21 women.
- Gang-raping Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin.
- Violating the constitution with a religious test.
- Corrupting the FBI to leak information.
- Conspiring with a foreign power to steal an election.
- Treason: secretly surrendering to Russia.
- Libel of Hillary Clinton.
- Fraud at Trump University.
- Violating immigration law.
- Hate speech.
- Mental instability.
- Submitting a fraudulent medical assessment.
I would love it if Trump were the first president in history impeached and driven from office in his first days in office.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Irish bookies are giving 4:1 odds that Trump will be impeached within a year. This is not what the bookies want to happen, it is based on what people are betting will happen.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Presidents are not impeached when they commit serious crimes, but when the majority of senators and congressmen no longer want them to be president. They don’t even have to be convicted of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Nixon resigned to avoid impeachment. He faced Democratic majorities. Trump faces Republican majorities. Senators and Congressmen do a calculation, will my odds of reelection be improved or hurt if I move to impeach Trump? Because Trump’s base don’t care what crimes he commits, and because they believe any lies he tells them, Senators and Congressmen fear Trump attacking them during the next election.
If all goes well, disgust with Trump will gradually grow beyond a tipping point. Then we can expect most of the senators and congressmen to suddenly abandon Trump.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Incompetent Celibate Perverts
Celibacy is the only sexual act that does not occur in nature in animals. Yet priests, who boast this perversion, are the ones who pontificate on sexual activity for everyone else. It is as goofy as assigning that rôle to child molesters.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is so pathetically insecure. Without any provocation, in mid sentence, he will launch into a tirade of preposterous bragging. Whom does he think he is fooling?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has been trying to cosy up to Putin more than any other leader. Trump has been trying to lift the sanctions for hacking the election. The question is why? What leverage does Russia have over Trump?
There are three obvious levers:
- Putin-connected Russia oligarchs for decades have been giving Trump large amounts of money in return for laundering money through real estate and casinos.
- Trump owes Putin for handing him the election even if Trump did not make an explicit deal.
- The pee pee tape.
So Mueller has to investigate finances to make sense of Trump’s bromance with Putin.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
It Is Not All Trump’s Fault
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- The Republican congress let Trump get away with hiding his tax returns.
- The Republican congress let Trump get away without divesting.
- The Republican congress voted down a Democratic bill to stop Trump’s Muslim travel ban. Republicans blocked not only new Muslim refugees, but any existing Muslim citizens who just happened to be traveling outside the country.
- They allowed Trump to issue decree after decree aka executive order. Normally anything the president wants to do needs the formal approval of the house and senate.
I’ll Do It Myself
Trump has a lawyer, but apparently, he ignores everything the lawyer tells him. He does not care if what he does is illegal. If he wants to do it, he does it. Similarly, he could have all the experts and advisors money could buy. But he imagines, simply through intuition, he already knows everything. He has the deadly combination. He knows almost nothing and is convinced he knows everything.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
James Comey’s Betrayals
James Comey improperly screwed Hillary Clinton during the election three times:
- He blew a tiny error, Hillary using the wrong email server into a federal case, and improperly released details even though there was nothing criminal.
- He improperly announced something terribly scandalous had probably happened on Anthony Weiner’s computer that implicated Hillary before he even had a look, right before the election. There was nothing even related to Hillary.
- He kept secret that the Russians had colluded with Trump to hack the DNC computers to fix the election.
By cheating three times to favour Donald Trump, Comey risked his career and violated his oath of office to be non-partisan. It is thus ironic that Trump fired him for refusing to call off the investigation of Trump’s treason with the Russians to rig the election.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Over and over Trump took credit for keeping Carrier jobs in Michigan when the union had negotiated the deal a year and a half earlier. The press refrained from calling him out on his lie.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump claims he is creating jobs, but he has lost 40,000 jobs in his first year in the tourist industry. Tourists are saying they do not want to visit the USA so long as Trump is president.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump supporters have a naïve view of how Mexico stole their jobs. They imagine Mexicans working in Mexican clones of their workplaces, for the same money, with the same benefits. What actually happened in American companies reduced the wages of those jobs to about $2 an hour, increased the hours and eliminated the benefits.
Sometimes they eliminated the jobs altogether and replaced them with automation. Americans would not work for such a pittance. So the companies moved the jobs offshore to countries where people would put up with such abuse.
It is more accurate to say the companies destroyed their jobs, then created shitty new ones overseas that no American would dream of taking. The companies are screwing both the American and offshore workers.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is such a compulsive liar that he is embarrassing all Americans. It only a matter of time until the world starts telling American jokes about how all Americans are similarly dishonest.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The key fact about Trump is he would not have been president had not Putin rigged the election for him in return for eliminating the sanctions. Nearly everyone treats Trump as if he were legitimate, as if the Russian meddling had no effect. People should refuse to show him any of the usual presidential deference.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Killing Trump With Black Magic
I am an atheist. If I were a Christian, I could pray that Trump choke to death on a piece of steak and have the satisfaction I was actually putting him at risk, even though I was not.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Colin Kaepernick, then with the San Francisco 49ers NFL team, knelt during the singing of the national anthem in an attempt to provoke debate over race and police brutality. He lost his job. The protest has spread to black players on other teams and sports. It has also become an anti-Trump protest.
Trump has spun the protest as if the players were spitting on the symbols of American patriotism: the flag and the anthem. What must be very frustrating for Mr. Kaepernick, is the discussion generated is only about whether the players should fired for lack of patriotism. The media are unwilling to discus race or police brutality. Only Trump has been allowed to set the agenda.
Oddly, kneeling in churches is a sign of respect. There is nothing inherently disrespectful about kneeling during an anthem. Some have taken to linking arms, or simply staying away during the anthem.
Trump is a white supremacist, and by using his bullhorn to shout down, misrepresent and spit on the protestors, he throws meat to his bigoted, racist base. The Trump campaign is placing Facebook ads urging fans to boycott the NFL. Oddly, Trump is also complaining that football is not violent and dangerous enough. He is like some modern Nero at the Roman games. Trump claims the protest and his opposition to it has nothing to do with race. What?? Does Trump claim the players are protesting playing the anthem at football games? Is Trump unaware that nearly all the protestors are black? The players made it very clear. They are protesting racial inequality and police brutality. Its all about race.
Secretary of the Treasury, Steven Mnuchin, said the players had no right to protest. They should protest on their own time. He denies their first amendment free speech rights. A protest needs a big audience. There is no point in holding a private protest in your back yard.
Trump is a child to become preoccupied with this bit of bullying when he has a nuclear war with North Korea to attend to, and millions of people stranded in Puerto Rico from hurricane Maria.
Trump is a fool. By forcing Americans to take sides in an optional fight like this, he just alienates ever more people.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Koch brothers want to disband all public health care, even for the elderly, disabled and indigent. They want all the money the government spends on health care to be given to them. They don’t need it. For them, money is just a competitive sport. They love the idea of making people they despise suffer and die.
Trump promised a cheaper, better Obamacare with more choice. To stop him from getting that, (or a watered down version) the Koch brothers corrupted the congressmen and senators with hundreds of millions in bribes. They publicly offered the bribe on the condition the politician on 2017-03-24 vote against Trump’s health care bill. The Kochs were able to buy enough Republican votes to kill the bill, to Trump’s humiliation.
The Roberts court in the Citizens United decision ruled that bribing politicians with unlimited amounts was perfectly legal, on the grounds if you blocked bribes it would interfere with the freedom of speech of folks like the Kochs. This is madness, they can still express their opinions. They just should not be permitted to overrule the will of the entire country.
There needs to be a constitutional amendment to limit campaign contributions so the Kochs cannot buy the entire political system.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
4500 people sued Trump for swindling them or refusing to pay bills. Can you imagine if Lincoln had done that? A con man like Trump should never have been allowed to run for office.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Leader of the Free World
Usually the leader of the free world is the president of the USA. It is not an official title. Now the mantle has passed to the leader of Germany. Trump may be acceptable to the USA, but he is rejected as an incompetent clown by the rest of the world.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Leaker in Chief
If Trump spills highly sensitive state secrets to the Russians and to dictator Duterte, surely he will also spill the beans about the election fiddle scandal. Further, his team is so disorganised, they don’t have their alibis together. They too will inadvertently spill the beans. It is just a matter of time.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump says the highest priority for the country is stopping leaks of embarrassing information from the White House. That may be Trump’s highest priority, but the rest of use want to keep tabs on what he is up to. If he wants to stop all leaks, all he needs to do is stop covert actions that he knows the people will disapprove of.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Let Us Pray
Let us pray that Donald J. Trump chokes to death on an underchewed piece of steak.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Nearly everything Trump says is a lie. He usually gets caught in the lie. His way of recovering is to tell more lies, and to claim whoever caught him in the lie is himself lying. The problem is, this person has no motive to lie. So Trump smears him and slanders him viciously to give him a motive to lie and make his claim of martyrdom more plausible. Look at all the groups and people he has slandered:
- the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency)
- the FBI
- all 17 security agencies
- the generals
- the media
- The prime minister of Australia
- The president of Mexico
- The chancellor of Germany
- John McCain
- Civil Rights leader John Lewis
- The 21 women who accused Trump of rape or sexual assault.
- A Venezuelan beauty queen.
- Rosie O’Donnell
- Alex Baldwin
- Meryl Streep
This technique pits him against nearly everyone. It also takes him further and further out on a limb of absurd lies. The strange thing is he has so far managed to totally bamboozle his base. The catch is this base is shrinking. He will soon have almost nothing left.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Long Term Politics
Consider the long term of politics in the USA. The there will be fewer whites proportionately and more Hispanics and blacks. There will be more non-white people generally. Trump has circled the wagons and said nobody matters but whites, not even Jews or gays or women. You can’t win an election by deliberately alienating bloc after bloc of voters. If this stupid strategy is not enough to sink the Republican party in the 2016 election, it will over the coming decades.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Loyal Trump Supporters
I have puzzled why so many Americans continue to support Trump despite his many negatives:
- Treason with Russia.
- Gang raping a 13-year-old girl and sexually assaulting 20 other women.
- Boorish behaviour.
- Addled statements.
- Improperly using his office to make money.
- Incompetence. Complete lack of knowledge about his job.
- Charging preposterous amounts of money for travel and living expenses for him and his family.
If you watch his rallies, the reason comes clear. The crowds are most enthusiastic when he make racist and white-supremacist statements. They will forgive any flaw if he tells them they are superior for being white or that they have a god-given right to put down anyone who is not. The Trump phenomenon exploits a filthy secret in the heart of America. It has very little to do with Trump, just how low he is willing to go.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
There are certain tell phrases you will hear that tip you off the speaker is lying:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- believe me.
- to tell the truth.
- I would never lie to you.
- I have never lied to you.
- That I can tell you.
The Madness of Kellyanne Conway
Trump is slowly driving Kellyanne Conway mad. He sends her out into the world to defend his indefensible lies, his flip flops, his denials of reality and his unconstitutional plans. The only way to do what he commands is to deny reality, lie outrageously and to deny there is any problem when people complain that she is spouting nonsense. She got to the point where she was effectively claiming Trump lives in an alternative reality, and she is reporting the facts in his private universe, with her famous alternative facts assertion.
You could understand what she is doing as cynical demagogic mind fucking. But she went beyond the bazoo and invented the Bowling Green massacre that never happened. She imagined she would get away with it because so many Trump supporters swallowed her lies in past. She seems to think there is no practical difference between what she makes up and what actually happened.
Usually when this happens to people, we commit them to an institution in a low-stress environment to give them time to reconnect to reality. If we allow Trump to keep abusing Kellyanne this way, she could well go postal. Trump should think ahead. If she snaps, she knows far too much. Trump would have to have her killed.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Make America Great Again
Trump borrowed his campaign phrase Make America Great Again from Hitler’s Mein Kampf and from Sinclair Lewis’ novel It Can’t Happen Here. It really means Make America White and Christian again by getting rid of everyone else.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Make America Great Again
What does Trump’s Make America Great Again slogan really mean?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- It means bullying other countries and taking from them whatever the USA wants.
- It means imposing Christianity on all citizens.
- It means white privilege.
- It means repealing gay rights.
- It means discrimination against blacks and Hispanics.
- It means English-only.
Make Germany Great Again
In the 1930s, the German people voted a mentally-unbalanced bigot into power who promised them to make Germany great again. He invented the big lie. He held huge rallies to whip up patriotic fervour. He left the country in ruins. There are many American today who wish to repeat the mistake.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
There are two basic ways of making large amounts of money:
- Create a good or service that millions of people want.
- Con people out of their money. Take their money giving them as little as possible in return.
Like televangelists, Trump made his billions with the second technique.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump proposed the best way to combat school shootings is to arm teachers. A teacher armed with handgun is no match for a well-rehearsed nut job with a machine gun. Putting guns in the classroom will just stimulate shootings to settle minor disputes between students. No other country in the world has trouble with mass school shootings. None of them solved the problem by arming teachers. Try something proven to work.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Measuring Trump’s Lies
The Washington Post discovered Trump tells 5 lies or misleading statements a day. These don’t even count the usual politician’s spin or empty promises. His lying is so out of control, nobody can trust anything he says. He is destroying not only his own reputation, but also the reputation of the USA.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has repeatedly promised that he is going to make everyone say Merry Christmas during the winter holidays. He cannot do this for four reasons:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- No matter what the law, people could just elect silence.
- The constitution guarantees freedom of religion, that include religious greetings. You cannot force non-Christians to observe Christian spells.
- Department stores have wide variety of customers of many religions and atheism. They usually choose a generic greeting that can be applied to anyone. Because of the constitution, the government cannot even indirectly impose Christianity on the customers of a department store.
- It is just plain rude to impose Christianity on others. Imagine if the Muslims demanded we say As-Salam-u-Alaikum instead of Merry Christmas.
Michael Flynn (1958-12-01 age:59) was Donald Trump’s first security advisor. He lasted only 3.5 weeks.
Here is what I think happened. Flynn was a friend of Putin’s. Prior to the election, he, Trump and other Trump staff cooked up a deal with Putin via the Russian ambassador. Trump would remove the sanctions which were costing Russia millions.
This would also greatly please Exxon-Mobil who had invested nearly all their money in Russian oil leases, but could not exercise them because of the sanctions. In return, Putin would hack the DNC and Hillary’s computer, passing on electioneering plans and anything embarrassing. The Russians would also scramble data, delete files and in general screw things up.
Trump kept publicly touting his bromance with Putin so it would not look quite so peculiar when he eventually removed the sanctions. He trashed the ally leaders of Mexico, Australia and Germany but had nothing but high praise for Putin.
By making deals with a foreign government while still civilians, Trump and Flynn violated the Logan Act. The problem is, nobody has ever been prosecuted under the act. Subverting an election is surely a serious crime. Taking a benefit from an enemy in order to reduce hostile action is probably considered treason.
Trump is almost daily charged with some wrongdoing, and his lawyers always manage to wriggle out of it. However, Flynn was quite stupid and took no evasive action to prevent his phone calls from being tapped. If he had any sense, he would have visited the ambassador in person in a bug-free space. Given that Flynn is reputed to be a world-class security expert, this error is unbelievable. He must have been over-confident thinking Trump could protect him from any prosecution.
Flynn has admitted to talking many times with the Russian ambassador. Unless Flynn had authorisation from Trump to make a deal, I can’t see why the ambassador would waste so much time with him.
Trump fired Flynn remarkable quickly once the scandal surfaced. Trump is trying to distance himself from Flynn, and pretend Flynn cooked up this deal all on his own without Trump’s knowledge. Why would he do such a thing? He gains no benefit from removing sanctions.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Mike Pence on Abortion
Mike Pence’s view on abortion comes directly from his religion beliefs. There is no science in them at all. They are based on a mythical soul demonically possessing an egg at conception. He imagines he has the right to impose his religious beliefs on others. The constitution guarantees freedom of religion. It is supposed to block Mr. Pence from doing that.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Mountain out of a Molehill
You have to hand it to Trump the way he has been able, with artful lying, to spin Hillary’s using the wrong email server to the crime of the century. The Republican prosecutor who hates her guts concluded she made a mistake but did nothing criminal. Yet Trump’s supporters, who have not the first clue what an email server is, think she committed treason or worse.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Muslim Ban
Consider a young man living in one of the Muslim countries that Trump has barred from entering the US. The young man knows absolutely nothing about the USA other than what an ISIS recruiter has told him. What are the odds he will eventually be part of some terrorist attack on the USA?
Consider another young man living in the same country, but he has relatives living in the USA who entered as refugees before the ban. They send him letters, photos and gifts. They answer his questions about what the USA is all about. What are the odds he will eventually be part of some terrorist attack on the USA?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Muslim Ban
Trump claims his travel ban is in no way a Muslim ban. We know this is untrue because:
- Trump himself referred to it as a Muslim ban prior to the election. Trump promised a Muslim ban to hooting crowds of bigots during the campaign.
- In an interview, Rudy Giuliani explained how Trump asked him to create a legal version of his Muslim ban. He explained he came up with selling a religious ban as danger by selecting certain countries rather than targeting Islam specifically.
- Trump excluded Saudi Arabia, home of the 9-11 terrorists, and Dubai, home of a Trump hotel, plus other Muslim countries where Trump does business. This travel ban is not about safety. This is about screwing Muslims who did not kowtow to Trump.
- Trump gave waivers to Christians.
- Trump uses hysterical rhetoric to convince American that all Muslims are likely terrorists. This is ridiculous since there have been zero terrorists from his banned Muslim countries.
- Trump encourages discrimination and vigilante violence against Muslims. He dismisses Muslims who died while serving in the American forces.
- Trump tries to block Muslims from building mosques. Trump’s supporters are Christian Triumphalists who are working hard to turn the USA into a Christian theocracy. They perceive Islam as their biggest rival because, like Catholicism, Islam has mandatory breeding to spread the faith. World wide, Islam is the #2 religion.
- Trump blocks all kinds of Muslims who were not refugees who were legally in the USA.
- In appeals court, Trump argued immigrants had no constitutional rights so he could discriminate against Muslims if he felt like it.
- Trump enacted the ban with no warning to cause maximum inconvenience and cost to Muslims. Some were in the air at the time the ban was enacted. They landed and were stripped searched and sent back all without any explanation.
- Trump tried to sell his ban to four different federal judges. They all said no.
The constitution says there may not be a religious test for any reason. Trump tried to do an end-run around that. Further President Johnson’s 1965 Hart-Celler law forbids discrimination based on country of origin.
What Trump is doing is reminiscent of Hitler. Hitler started with harassing Jews. Then he started throwing them out of the country. Then he confiscated their property. Then there was Kristallnacht. Then there were the trains to the holiday camps. Muslims have good reason to be nervous about Trump flouting the constitution.
To my great joy, one judge rescinded the ban, and another refused Trump’s appeal. Trump referred to the judge as a so-called judge. If Trump were not the president and he said that in court, Trump would be facing some jail time for contempt of court.
Why is Trump doing this? For the same reason Hitler did. Every demagogue needs a scapegoat on which to blame anything that goes wrong and the source of any unflattering story about him. By Trump teaching followers to fear Muslims, they cling to him as rescuer and ignore his faults. Followers also fear and obey him, wondering if they may be the next targets of his wrath.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Muslim Travel Ban
On 2017-06-26, the majority right wingers on the Supreme Court (Thomas, Roberts, Gorsuch, Alito, Kennedy) said Trump’s travel ban could go ahead. It is clearly unconstitutional. The constitution forbids the government from discriminating against any religion. Trump himself refers to the measure as a Muslim Ban. The right wingers now have the majority on court. They are corrupt. They believe they have the right to make up law, no matter what the constitution says. This is step 1 to a dictatorship. This does not bode well for the future.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement)
America has a huge trade deficit with the world, especially China. Trump blames it on unfair trade agreements. The actual cause is America overconsumes and underproduces. Americans imagine they should be paid many times what people in other parts of the world are. They imagine they deserve this special treatment just because Americans are superior to everyone else. No wonder they price their goods out of the market.
Trump has tried to bully Mexico and Canada into subsidising America’s extravagant life style. It would serve America right if Mexico and Canada pulled out of NAFTA and imposed massive tariffs on imported US goods and services. It is not just the money. Trump has treated Mexico and Canada with utter contempt. It is as though he imagines himself divine monarch of planet earth, and we are privileged to kiss his ass, even when he shits on us. This ill-treatment is unprovoked and pointless.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
According to psychologists, narcissistic leaders are like chocolate cake. The first few mouthfuls are quite delicious. But if you keep eating, you become nauseated.
Narcissists have a defect in the connection between two parts of the brain concerned with pleasure. This means they are unable to feel pleasure from ordinary activities. They need to constantly seek outside approbation.
By studying narcissists in brain scanners, psychologists discovered that narcissists lie about the effect of disapproval on them. They claim it has no effect, but in reality, it hurts them much more deeply than ordinary people.
Trump is a narcissist.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:
- Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance.
- Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it.
- Exaggerating your achievements and talents.
- Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
- Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people.
- Requiring constant admiration.
- Having a sense of entitlement.
- Expecting special favours and unquestioning compliance with your expectations.
- Taking advantage of others to get what you want.
- Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
- Being envious of others and believing others envy you.
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner.
Remind you of anyone? These people never back down, never apologise, even when they are wrong. How do you feel about such a person with their finger on the nuclear button?
See The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President by Bandy X. Lee, MD. 27 psychiatrists make the case Trump suffers from an extreme narcissistic personality disorder and must be removed from office to prevent nuclear war.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Naïve Trump Supporters
I heard a few Trump supporters on the Cross-Country Checkup phone-in show. They all supported Trump because they believed he was going to force American corporations to bring jobs back to America. That would certainly be a great thing for the American working man, but I don’t think there is a snowball’s chance in hell Trump would ever do it. Why?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump himself outsources manufacturing to Asia for all his companies, including his trademark ties. Trump is a famously selfish man. He is proud of it. He is not likely to do anything that hurts his own bottom line.
- When Trump was born, the doctor had to extract a tiny gold spoon from his rectum. Trump has lived in luxury all his life. He does not even know how to boil an egg. Servants wipe his bum. He does not associate with working people. He refers to them as losers. He has no sympathy for the working class. He was just dangling this carrot in front of them to get elected. He has no intention of carrying through.
- Trump routinely hires people to do work for him, then stiffs them. He even stiffed his own campaign workers. His pattern is to promise the working man, then not carry through.
- Is Trump on the side of the rich and corporations or the little guy? Look at his tax policy. He plans massive cuts, but only for the rich and corporations.
- The corrupt Republican house and senate, bought up to the hilt by the rich and corporations via the Citizens United Roberts Supreme Court decision, would never let it pass.
- Trump has brought insiders like Reince Priebus, the ultimate insider, the Chairman of the Republican National Committee into his cabinet. Other insiders on the short list include John Bolton, Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty, Kelly Ayotte, Jon Kyl, Jeff Sessions (climate change denier), Chris Christie, Rudolph W. Giuliani, Jan Brewer, Sarah Palin, Sam Brownback, Dr. Ben Carson (climate change denier), Mike Huckabee (climate change denier), Bobby Jindal (climate change denier),, Rick Scott, Scott Pruitt (climate change denier), Rick Perry (climate change denier). These insiders have all been bought and work slavishly for the elites.
- Currently, the USA is signatory to all manner of treaties and trade agreements that would prohibit Trump from instituting the tariffs he plans to drag jobs home. He would have to unilaterally renege on all those agreements. At that point, US corporations would have to pay high tariffs to export to other countries. They would also have to pay higher wages. Many US companies would downsize or even go bankrupt. The effect on the US economy would be catastrophic.
Now that he is president, let us look at the promises he reneged on in the first few days:
- No more wall, and of course no more forcing Mexico to pay for it.
- No more banning gay marriage.
- No more reneging on all trade agreements, at least not for now.
- No more banning all Muslims from entering the country.
I hope this trend continues. It would be nice to abandon nuclear war, nuclear proliferation and doing nothing about climate change. It would be nice to leave Roe v Wade in place. It would be nice to get some new supreme courts justices with a history of honouring the constitution, rather than religious fanatics intent on imposing Christianity on everyone.
Trump is such a self-centered bastard, I am concerned it will get it the way of negotiating with the Chinese. He has to focus on two things:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- what the Chinese want that would be easy for Trump to give them.
- what the Chinese would be willing to give Trump.
Neil Gorsuch is Trump’s nominee for the supreme court.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He has been to the most prestigious universities.
- Because he is unusually young for a supreme court justice, (1967-08-29 age:50) he will influence supreme court decisions for decades to come. He is prematurely grey.
- Homophobic. Ruled in favour of Hobby Lobby Christian right to discriminate against homosexuals.
- He opposes physician-assisted suicide.
- He is Episcopalian (Anglican). He would be the court’s only Protestant. There are currently five Catholic and three Jewish members.
- He is presumed pro-life, though he has avoided ever writing on the matter.
- Reagan made his mother Ann the head of the EPA, charged with dismantling it, so there is a good chance he is anti-environmental too.
- In summary, he is your typical bigoted Christian who believes his personal religious beliefs should trump the law and common sense.
There are no major newspapers endorsing Trump. The papers that have endorsed Republicans for over a century are now endorsing Hillary. This has enraged some Trump supporters. They are threatening to kill employees of these papers. One made reference to an earlier assassination of a reporter by car bomb. This means some Trump supporters do not believe in freedom of speech. They are like ISIS terrorists who feel obligated to kill those who merely disagree with them. How unAmerican! How Trumpian!~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Nikki Haley is the Republican governor of South Carolina. Trump tapped her as ambassador to the UN (United Nations). Haley earlier said some extremely uncomplimentary things about Trump. Why did she take the job? Reasons not to take it include:
- She already has a good job. Her constituents expect her to take it to term.
- She would be working for the world’s worst boss.
- She has no experience.
- She would be on the outside, isolated at the UN.
- Her new job is one step above prostitution. She is basically a Kellyanne Conway surrogate to make excuses to the world for the crazy things the Donald says and does.
Reasons why she took it might include:
- Trump is thin skinned, dictatorial and vindictive. If she did not take the job, he would take it as an unforgivable slight, and set out to ruin her, as he explained is his pattern.
- Hobnobbing on the international stage would be more glamourous than hanging out in a South Carolina backwater.
- She figures she could be a voice for sanity in a cabinet of lunatics.
I am pretty sure she will regret saying yes.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
North Korean Nukes
Explain to North Korea why Israel and the USA may have nukes and refuse inspections where North Korea may not. Bush promised to eliminate North Korea as part of the axis of evil. North Korea needs nukes to deter the USA. If Trump wants North Korea to give up nukes, North Korea will need some guarantee the US will not invade.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Now that Trump has Won…
Now that Trump has won and it looks as if Republican senate and congress will him do what he said he would do…
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump will reverse all efforts to contain climate change and send the world past the tipping point of no return. It is thus a matter of life and death for every person on earth to stop him.
- Trump will use a small nuke in battle to prove to the world he would be willing to do much worse. He is essence a bully and can hardly wait to get his hands on the ultimate bully tool. That will likely trigger all-out-war.
- The USA will default on its debt. Bankruptcy after stripping assets is how Trump acquired his wealth. This will trigger a global shock wave.
- Trump will bankrupt the country with military spending, his massive tax cuts, his wall and rounding up illegal aliens.
- Trump will trample the civil rights of Latinos, blacks, gays, Muslims, non-Christians and anyone else who does not adore him.
- Trump will drastically curtail international trade by reneging on trade agreements and instituting high tariffs.
Because nukes are intended for a crushing reprisal within minutes of an attack, before the attack can wipe out all the weapons, just one person in each country gets to decide when to have a nuclear war. They have to make the decision in minutes.
You want this person to be like no-drama Obama. He has to be calm, unflappable, rational, self-doubting.
The last person you want is someone with a mental illness, e.g. paranoia or grandiosity or even someone with a quick-flash temper or prone to jump to conclusions.
It is thus important to get crazy people such as Kim Jong-un or Donald J. Trump out of such positions. It is morally justified to use any conceivable means to oust them. Ignoring the danger condemns the earth to flames and the extinction of most species.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Let’s say North Korea could not even kill a single American with their nukes. Trump said he would nuke all 25 million North Koreans, nearly all of whom are completely innocent, to punish them for having nukes (which somehow is ok for Israel, Pakistan, India…) Side effects of doing that would kill millions more in surrounding countries like South Korea, Russia and China. Hitler killed 6 million people in the holocaust, and we are still talking about it. This is the sort of thing Caligula would do. There must be some way to remove Trump from office by hook or by crook. To stop a nuclear war, some pretty drastic measures are justified. (Think of Dr. Strangelove and the coke machine).~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump said I like war, including nuclear war.. Many times he said there was no point in having nuclear weapons unless you used them. Nearly everyone pretends he did not say this. Perhaps they think Donald is always saying nutty things he does not mean. Surely he does not mean that. or Donald is just saying that to get votes with his whacko base. Surely he does not really mean it.
Trump supporters say Maybe he did not really say that. The evil press must have faked the video you saw. Maybe he did not mean it. Maybe he was not thinking at the time. Maybe he was just electioneering to his base. Don’t worry about it. Nobody is stupid enough to start a nuclear war.
The way I look at it, if there were even a 1% chance he means it, he should not be let anywhere near the white house. Even if he were just joking, it indicates he does not understand the seriousness of his office, and he still should not be let anywhere near the big red button. Just as in Star Trek, when the captain starts behaving irrationally, he should be immediately relieved of duty.
Why is it that almost nobody but me is concerned about giving the paranoid, bellicose, egomaniac, empathy-free Trump the nuclear codes?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Unlike me, they have little experience with mentally ill people and their strange delusions. The mentally ill become firmly convinced that things are true that are not. Most people assume Trump is much more rational than he really is. Crazy people give off small clues all the time before they do something really nuts.
- Unlike me, most people have not been on death’s door for an extended period. Most people effectively imagine they are immortal. They simply cannot objectively contemplate forces that will kill them and everyone they love such nuclear war and climate change. Whenever they think about them, they feel overwhelmed and have to shut down such thoughts.
- Christian wishful thinking. Christians are convinced God would not allow nuclear war or runaway climate change even though the majority of them believe he will any day now happily destroy the planet himself.
When the nuclear war sirens go off I will say to myself I told you so, you stupid assholes. Most people will say What on earth possessed us to let that psychopath Trump be president? We were so gullible!
Mr. Trump made no secret of what he planned to do vis a vis blowing up the planet. He said I love war, and that includes nuclear war. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? Many times he said he wants to use nuclear weapons against his rivals. He also said Let it be an arms race. He called for vastly increased spending on nukes. He said Why bother having nuclear weapons if you are afraid to use them? He said he wants nukes to proliferate. He wants Saudi Arabia (home of the 2001-09-11 hijackers) to have nukes. He told us I love war, including nuclear weapons. The man is mad. He is not fit for office but everyone pretends not to notice that he is as bonkers as Dr. Strangelove.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Nukes for Saudi Arabia
Donald Trump announced he wanted to give nuclear weapons to Saudi Arabia. What an odd thing to do!
- Most of the 2001-09-11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia is strongly anti-Semitic.
- Saudi Arabia is the home of Wahhabi Sunni terrorism.
- Deeply religious people are stark raving bonkers. They cannot be trusted with nukes. If they hear a voice in the back of their heads telling them to start WWIII (World War III), they feel they have no choice but to comply.
It would make much more sense to make the middle east a nuclear free zone.
It is also deeply disturbing that Trump announced he loves war, including nuclear war. He is far too erratic to trust with the big red button. The top priority of everyone on earth should be getting him away from that button by hook or by crook.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Obsolete Electoral College
The electoral college made sense in the 1700s when you had to collect election results by horseback. Today, if you live in a battleground state, your vote matters. If you live in a red or blue state, your vote gets lost. Further, the electoral college only roughly matches the population of the state. Sometimes your vote counts more than others sometimes less. Politicians unfairly, politically, favour battleground states. If instead, you decided the president by popular vote, everyone’s vote would count, and would count equally, no matter where you lived.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
One Term Trump
Here are some of the reasons I think Trump will be a one-term president:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He has a short attention span, it is likely he will be bored on being president after one term.
- Given his extremely low approval numbers 30% even before he even takes office, there is a high probability he will be impeached.
- He promised to drain the swamp, yet he invited the alligator CEOs (Chief Executive Officers) from Goldman Sachs, Exxon etc. into his cabinet.
- By his choice of cabinet, (e.g. Jeff Session and Steve Bannon) it is clear he really is a racist, not just pretending to be one to get elected.
- His economic policies of reneging on trade treaties will bring on a recession. He will create old-style manufacturing jobs, but eliminate many more high-tech jobs.
- His reckless spending on nukes and the military will drastically increase taxes and the national debt and restart the arms race.
- Mounting sex scandals.
- Mounting conflict of interest scandals. He is now in clear violation of the constitution.
- He is heedless about assassination.
- People will discover that affordable health care, even when deliberately buggered up by Republicans, is preferable to none.
- He is like Honey Booboo or a Chatty Cathy doll. He is initially amusing, but simplistic. The public will bore of him.
- By erasing all mention of GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual or Transgendered) from the White House website, Trump is telling gays they are not welcome in America. Gays permeate every level of society. They infiltrate every nook of corporations. For the most part, they are invisible. It is not wise to turn them into enemies.
- For no reason, he insults and ridicules everyone and his dog. Eventually, everyone will want revenge against him. He will be hamstrung. In politics, you must jawbone others into co-operating with you. You can’t simply threaten to fire them.
- The people who will be most furious with him will not be Democrats, but Tea Partiers. Democrats fully expect him to be an ogre. Tea Partiers will feel betrayed when he breaks most of his campaign promises and they realise almost everything he told them was a lie including accusing innocent people and denying his own crimes.
The most important things to know about online polls:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- They invite cheating. People can vote as often as they please. Technically savvy people can even set up bots to vote non-stop.
- In real life, people do cheat. Even a handful of people can completely skew the results.
- Donald Trump cites on-line polls claiming that are more accurate than scientific polls. He knows this is a lie, but his base swallows it.
Many people have poo-poohed comparisons between Trump and Hitler. They forget that Hitler was able to successfully hide most of his evil until after his death. Trump is no different.
Americans are like a pair of birds trying to figure out how to deal with a parasitic cuckoo chick in their nest. They keep trying to treat it as if it were a normal chick of their own.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Order of Succession
- Vice President (Mike Pence)
- Speaker of the House of Representatives (Paul Ryan)
- President pro tempore of the Senate (Orrin Hatch)
- Secretary of State (Rex Tillerson)
- Secretary of the Treasury (Steven Mnuchin)
- Secretary of Defense (James Mattis)
The catch is they are all just as dirty and crazy as Donald Trump himself. We can hope for a meteor to land on the capitol building and give us a fresh start.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Other Russian Scandal
Exxon-Mobil invested most of its money in Russian oil licences. Obama applied sanctions to Russia for its attacks on the Crimea, Ukraine and Syria and for attempts to rig the US election. Putin desperately wants to get rid of the sanctions since they are costing Russia so much. So does Exxon-Mobil, because the sanctions block them from drilling any oil wells in Russia. Trump then appointed Rex Tillerson, ex-CEO of Exxon Mobil as his Secretary of State where he is optimally positioned to get the sanctions removed.
Trump never does anyone a favour without extracting one in return. My guess is it almost a sure thing that removing sanctions is quid pro quo for Putin rigging the election and for Exxon-Mobil making a magnificent campaign contribution. Putin also has to keep the hooker urination photos secret.
I further guess it highly likely that arranging this deal was what all those meetings between the Russians and Trump’s people were about.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
It would be an understatement to say Trump’s behaviour is not presidential. To me, his behaviour appears deranged and symptomatic of brain disorder, probably Alzheimer’s. Americans keep making excuses for him as if he were a dotty aunt. Keep in mind he has the nuclear button.
Just what is he going to have to do before the majority of Americans decide they have had enough?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He poos on the presidential desk on camera.
- At some international gathering, he strips to the buff and takes a dip in a fountain.
- He grabs UK Premier Teresa May by the pussy.
- He gets Ivanka pregnant.
- Doctors find Donald’s sperm in Barron’s rectum.
- He spends a day refusing to say anything but quotations of Dr. Seuss.
- At his next meeting with Putin, 10 different countries get film of the three Russian pee hookers Putin supplied.
If you don’t want companies outsourcing jobs, you have to fine them when they do and give them a tax break when they do not. Just giving them money no matter what they do, and hoping they refrain from outsourcing is hopelessly naïve. This is what Trump does. But then he does not care if they outsource.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Passing the Buck for Hillary
Hillary Clinton has taken complete responsibility for the handful of classified emails on her unsecured server. I think she is taking the blame for political reasons, not because she actually had anything to do with it. Why do I think that?
- Executives do not set up and configure email servers. Techs do. Most executives don’t even know what email servers are.
- The people who sent her the classified emails failed to encrypt (thoroughly scramble) them. That was a much more serious security breach. Even if Hillary had a secure email server, such plain text emails could have been intercepted on the way to it.
- The people who sent her the classified emails failed to digitally sign them. That too was a much more serious security breach. It allowed the Russians to easily tamper with the hacked emails and release them. It also made it possible for enemies to intercept the emails and easily modify them. It made it possible for enemies to counterfeit emails out of thin air.
- The people who sent her classified emails failed to check the channel was secure before sending.
- Some of the people who sent classified emails failed to label them properly. For security, a classified email should get special priority handling then be deleted.
- A secure mail server should use the https: protocol to talk with other secure mail servers. If if were using the insecure http: protocol, all the other mail servers would know, because they too would have to use http: to communicate with it. Yet nobody reported the error. The government security watchdog was asleep at the switch.
It is not just me who thinks Hillary is innocent. The Republican prosecutor who hated her guts concluded she made a mistake but did nothing criminal.
Even if the FBI finds some labeled or unlabeled classified emails on Huma Abedin’s computer, that is Abedin’s error, not Hillary’s. Trump told one of his biggest lies that the presence of unexamined routine emails on Huma Abedin’s computer is the biggest scandal since Watergate. That is not even a story, much less a scandal. I would think his gang rape of Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin easily surpasses it.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Pay For Play
Pay for Play? Why might Bill Clinton play a little loose? Because that way he could save the lives of millions of kids using the money from people with hearts of stone. Nobody seems to notice that is why he did it. Republicans are treating it is as if he pocketed the money.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
People Trump Has Called a Loser
- Richard Belzer, actor
- Russell Brand, Christian comedian
- Tina Brown, Journalist
- Jeb Bush, Republican presidential candidate
- David Cameron, Prime Minister of Britain
- Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair
- Cher, singer
- Philip Crowther, journalist
- Ted Cruz, senator
- S. E. Cupp, conservative commentator
- Bill Kristol, columnist
- Mark Cuban, investor
- Robert De Niro, actor
- Deadspin, off-the-wall sports website
- Roger Federer, tennis player
- Michael Forbes, Scottish farmer
- Glenfiddich whiskey
- Jonah Goldberg, editor of the National Review
- Arianna Huffington, publisher
- Cheri Jacobus, Republican consultant
- Megyn Kelly, political commentator
- Mary Kissel, journalist
- Charles Krauthammer, columnist
- Jay Leno, talk-show host
- Frank Luntz, political consultant
- Alicia Machado, beauty queen
- Bill Maher, talk-show host
- Michelle Malkin, conservative blogger
- John McCain, US Senator
- Seth Meyers, talk-show host
- David Milne, Scotsman
- Ana Navarro, Republican strategist
- Tim O’Brien, journalist
- Barack Obama, US president
- Lawrence O’Donnell, MSNBC host
- Rosie O’Donnell, talk-show host
- Alex Parene, reporter for Salon
- Karl Rove, dirty tricks specialist
- Marco Rubio, senator
- Alex Salmond, Scottish politician
- Eric Schneiderman, New York Attorney General
- Jon Stewart, comedian
- Meryl Streep, actor
- Alan Sugar, English businessman
- Chuck Todd, journalist
- Sarah Wescot-Williams, Sint Maarten politician
- George Will, columnist and author
- Brian Williams, news host
- Stevie Wonder, musician
- Danny Zuker, writer and producer
He believes that doing this will convert enemies to friends and friends into loyal supporters. Please, nobody interrupt him when he is making such a big mistake. Definitive List~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Poetic Justice For Trump
Every day I am glued to the news media hoping for news that means either Trump has died or been driven from office in disgrace. In the meantime, I will console myself with fantasies of poetic justice:
- Trump is torn to pieces by an angry mob of America firsters furious Trump has not yet taken away their health care.
Trump acquires a rare tropical disease. The hospital will not admit him on three grounds:
- The computer insists it is a pre-existing condition.
- His platinum plan does not cover tropical diseases contracted in the USA.
- They are afraid of triggering an epidemic. They are not equipped to treat such an infectious disease.
- A North Korean SEAL (Navy Sea Air Land) team releases a trained rabid rat into the White House plumbing. It homes in on the smell of Trump’s anal gas and bites him on the bum.
- For unknown reasons Trump swells up like a pumpkin then explodes.
- Trump’s legs give out so that the only posture he can assume is kneeling on one knee. Bruises like tattoos break out all over his body saying God did it.
- Trump forgets to wear a belt. He has been putting on weight so he does not notice. While giving a speech, without using a podium, his pants and boxer shorts fall to the ground for hundreds of photographers to snap.
- Trump takes a tour of a fence and wall-making factory. Reporters goad him to climb a ladder and pose on the top of the wall. He falls off and breaks his fool neck and spine.
- Trump attends a white supremacist rally, actually one of his own that turned out to be 90% Nazi and white supremacist. They burn him alive because he is the man.
Does Trump deserve my extreme contempt? Yes. He announced he loves nuclear war and plans a nuclear genocide of 25 million innocent North Koreans who did nothing to harm the US plus millions more in collateral damage. In contrast, Hitler killed 6 million people in the holocaust.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Criminals killed 42 police officers in 2015 in the USA. In the same year, police killed 1,199 civilians. Trump supporters chastised Hillary for her concern for the 1,199 civilians. In their mind, only the deaths of the 42 police officers matter. The Trump supporters know perfectly well most of those the police killed were innocent, some were children and certainly not guilty of any capital crime.
This violence does not happen in other countries. Why? because in other countries almost nobody carries a gun. Surely all these lives matter. To save all those people, you’d think Trump supporters would be willing to give up the false security of gun-toting. Guns just create an arms race that makes life ever more dangerous. Just look at the stats of gun deaths in various countries. It is a bald faced lie that guns make you safer. They might make you feel safer in a gun-crazed world, but you are actually far more at risk than if the USA had gun-reducing policies like Canada or Sweden.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Prayer For Trump Supporters
May every Trump supporter and Trump voter choke on a big juicy beef steak, suffer hypoxia, and live out the rest of their days as a living vegetable. Granted, it will be hard to notice the difference.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Predictions About Trump
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump will leave office with the lowest approval ratings of any president in history. All his lies, empty promises, bigotry and narcissistic behaviour will become clear even to his most diehard supporters.
- If Trump manages to capture and expel 11 million Mexicans and Americans with Mexican parents, it will become almost impossible to find people willing to take low-paying jobs such as nanny, vegetable picker, fruit picker, landscaper, lawn cutter, car wash attendant, dog walker, restaurant worker, night watchman, groundskeeper, pool boy, housecleaner, street cart vendor, streetsweeper… The USA will have to offer a cash bonus to entice them back.
- As he promised, Trump will vastly increase the public debt with spending on the military. The country will default on its debt, literally go bankrupt. Trump will personally make billions from it as he has done four times before from his bankruptcies.
- Trump will be convicted of gang rape of Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin, when his friend Jeffrey Epstein pleads immunity.
- Trump will not serve out his first term in office. He will leave by:
- resigning in disgrace, perhaps before he is even inaugurated. Donald loves to start projects, then abandon them when he gets bored with the hard work.
- being impeached.
- from fentanyl contamination of his cocaine, one plausible cause of Trump’s alternating mania and paranoia and his sniffing.
- From an undisclosed problem with his circulatory system.
- from assassination. Consider:
- 1/3 of all people who ran for president were shot.
- Donald likes to entertain large, unruly, unscreened, armed mobs.
- A bullet proof vest will not protect his head.
- His prominent head presents a stationary line-of-site target to every audience member.
- Modern snipers can pick a target off from over 1.61 km (1 mile) away.
- Hundreds of photographers get a clear shot at him many times a day. One of those cameras could shoot a bullet, poison dart or poisonous insect.
- People like Putin would not think twice about knocking Trump off once he outlives his usefulness.
- Trump’s lack of prudence suggests a narcissistic desire for martyrdom.
- The Republican party will have a civil war of finger pointing, trying to shift the blame for Trump’s rise to power.
Preparing for Extinction
The odds of life on earth going extinct in the near future are almost certain. Why?
- Fossil fuel corporations have used the Citizens United decision to buy the majority of American politicians to pretend that climate change is a hoax. Via Trump and Pruit, the policy is to maximise the burning of fossil fuels, especially coal. This will greatly accelerate the emission of greenhouse gases and the resulting climate change. In addition all regulations to rein in pollution are being canceled.
- Since 1991, the world has been working to reduce the number of nuclear weapons. Every extra weapon is one that could be stolen by terrorists, triggered accidentally or triggered by rogue personnel. Trump says he wants to completely undo that work, then triple the spending on nuclear weapons, greatly increasing the odds of a nuclear explosion which would likely lead to mass extinction by world war.
- We allow the earth’s population to keep growing even though we are well aware our planet is finite and cannot even support the current population. There is almost no land left for non-human species. We are over-fishing so heavily that all food fish will be extinct by 2048. Species are going extinct 1000 times faster than normal.
To stop the madman Trump would require drastic action, e.g. impeachment, assassination or insurrection. However, nobody takes Trump as a threat seriously enough to warrant such action. They prefer to indulge in wishful thinking. I can’t see how the world could survive the Trump presidency without mass extinction. We are a terminally stupid, optimistic species.
Imagine if an asteroid were headed for earth with even a 10% chance of colliding. We would not just ignore it. Trump has far larger than 10% odds of wiping out the planet. We are suicidal to ignore the danger.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Even though 17 federal security agencies (including the FBI, CIA, NSA (National Security Agency) and Homeland Security) said Putin influenced the US election my hacking and releasing emails, Trump insists this did not happen. He offers no evidence to support this view. Trump is not an expert on hacking. He did not examine the FBI ’s evidence. Why is he telling this stupid lie?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- I think the most probable explanation is Trump is a sort of Manchurian candidate. Putin put him into office as a puppet. This was a cheap, safe, bloodless way to take over the USA. The Citizen’s United decision of the John Roberts supreme court opened the door to buy the election. This idea so freaks Americans, they are too afraid to even think it.
- During the election, Trump took various favours from Putin, and, in return, publicly promised Putin some favours once he was in office, such as not going to the aid of NATO countries if they were attacked and backing off Syria, Crimea and the Ukraine. Trump wants to convince the American people Putin is a lovely man, and America should do him favours. Thus he has to minimise the significance of the cyber attacks.
- Even the most right wing Trump supporters are aghast at the notion of the president being an agent of a foreign nation. All he can do is loudly and repeatedly deny it.
Quid Pro Quo
What Putin wants from Trump includes:
- removal of the sanctions (this is worth trillions to Putin and Exxon)
- Derailing the Paris climate change accords to extend the value of Putin’s oil.
- support for military action in the Ukraine and Crimea
- derailing NATO
- destabilizing the EU
- help money laundering
- access to all US classified information via secure private back link.
What Trump wants from Putin includes:
- rig the election and future elections
- permits for Trump Moscow building project
- keep blackmail videos secret
Putin held up his end of the bargain. He rigged the US election in favour of Trump. During the campaign Trump promised to remove the sanctions without asking for anything in return. When he got into office, the senate blocked him from making any changes to the sanctions with an almost unanimous vote that he could not veto. Trump countered by refusing the enforce the sanctions. As it stands, Trump owes Putin a favour worth many trillions. That is why Trump kisses Putin’s butt at every opportunity.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The only thing Hillary did wrong was use the wrong email server. This was not a crime, just an error. Back then, perhaps 1% of Americans even knew what an email server was. An exec like Hillary should have called in an IT tech to install and configure the server. Hillary failed to do this because, from her non-tech perspective, there was nothing to do. The existing server left over from the Bill Clinton administration was working fine.
Because of improper Republican pressure on the FBI, the FBI investigated this many times. They found each time no crime had been committed. Hillary had no intent to commit a crime. It was an innocent error. Further, the mistake resulted in no harm. They went on a fishing expedition, reading all her private emails even though the contents of the emails had nothing to do with the alleged crime.Unscrupulous Republicans exploited public ignorance to tout the mistake as a crime worse than treason.
Even as late as 2018, Republicans were still improperly pressuring the FBI to reopen the case yet again and convict Hillary. The only reason the Republicans want this is for a smokescreen to distract from Trump’s serious crimes. They know damn well Hillary did nothing illegal.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Rational North Koreans
We forget President G W Bush’s SOTU speech — the axis of evil speech. He said he would eliminate three countries from the map: Iraq, Iran and North Korea. Iraq is pretty well rubble. It had no nukes. Iran and North Korea have nukes. They are still standing. I think we can trace our problems with Iran and North Korea to that speech. The axis of evil countries legitimately need nukes to fend off the USA. They believe if they give them up, the USA will level them, as W promised. That is a completely rational conclusion.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Reaction to the Russia Scandal
I find it disgusting that Americans don’t care that a foreign country took control of their country. They are so partisan, all they care about is the Russians picked Trump to corrupt and promote rather than Hillary. Americans have decided to shut down their country as a serious world power. They have abandoned education, preferring religious superstition. The country is being run for the benefit of the wealthiest 1%. The rest are headed rapidly to third world status. They are shutting down the EPA to allow the rivers, lakes and air to deteriorate to the standards you find in the third world. Trump is leading America back to coal and oil when the rest of the world is charging toward cheap clean energy. Americans are so convinced they are #1, they imagine they will remain #1 no matter what foolish policies they enact.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Right wing boobs are preposterously afraid of refugee terrorists. Donald Trump scared them silly. Terrorists enter a country on tourist visas, not as refugees. (Most are home grown.)
Countries are very careful about which refugees they let in. Refugees will be citizens forever. Refugees usually do not have much money. They go through dozens of layers of security checks. Nearly all refugees are rejected.
In contrast, when you come in via a tourist visa, there is usually almost no security check at all, just a check if you are on the no-fly list. Countries presume you are a rich tourist coming to spend money. They accept nearly everybody.
There is a limited security budget. Spend where there is real danger, not on imaginary refugee terrorists and other Trumpian bugaboos.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
On the radio, I heard various Trump supporters explaining why they were happy Muslims were being excluded from the country.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- One woman said We can’t take the chance of them poisoning our wells. Why can’t we take the chance? It hasn’t ever happened. She got this paranoid idea from Christians in the 1300s who blamed the plague on Jews poisoning wells.
- Another woman said We can’t risk them blowing us up. What risk? There are zero incidents of a refugee committing a terrorist act. Refugees are people who found life in their home countries intolerable, and they want to start over in the wonderful USA.
- Over half the refugees are children. Americans cower in terror of them.
The president of the USA is supposed to get an annual checkup. This helps prevent a president having a heart attack or psychotic break during a nuclear attack. Trump is 1 year, 1 month and 5 days overdue for his annual mental and physical checkup at an army hospital.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Remembering A Birth
Governor Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii attests that he knew Barack Obama’s parents when the future president was born there in 1961. Donald Trump claims it is impossible than Abercrombie could recall an event that happened 50 years ago. This is nonsense. I recall the births of my friends’ children. Surely some friends of Mr. Trump’s parents recall his birth. It is quite possible Mr. Trump cannot remember such events, but that is because his brain is overcrammed with thoughts of adulation for Mr. Trump.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump sold his base on the importance of repealing Obamacare on three grounds:
- Racism. Obamacare was created by a black man. It was dirty and thus had to go.
- Callousness. It subsidised the health care of the poor. It was better to let the poor die because they were black or Democrcat. This would make it easier to elect Republican politicians.
- Cost. Subsidising health care was expensive. If you did not do it, you could give massive tax cuts to the wealthy.
So Trump lied to his base and promised universal health care than would cost less and that would be better quality. Then he tried to sneak past bills that did the exact opposite. They effectively repealed public health care altogether, throwing tens of millions of Americans into the streets without any health care. The American people were not fooled. Almost no one approved of Trumpcare.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Republicans despise Hispanics, blacks, gays and Muslims. They work to expel them from the country and prevent immigration. They work to suppress their civil rights including the right to vote. Why do they do this?
Very simple: Hispanics, blacks, gays and Muslims tend to vote Democratic. Republicans are desperate to suppress that vote because their share of the voting pie is shrinking. The Republican share is currently mainly white, uneducated and male funded by white, wealthy and male.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Revealing the Monster
During the election, Trump was able to exploit the ignorance of his supporters to keep them distracted with Hillary’s crimes that Trump either exaggerated or made up out of whole cloth. Now she is out of the picture, no matter how fancy a dance Trump does, his followers are going to start noticing his negatives:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He loves war and nuclear war.
- He is a climate change denier.
- He lies compulsively. Politifacts says he is lying ¾ of the time. He lies even when there is no possible benefit, just to keep his hand in.
- He has an infantile attention span. He got sidetracked during the campaign for a week with a feud with an Argentinian reality TV star.
- He is extremely vulnerable to flattery.
- He commits serial rapes and sexual assaults. details.
- He suffers from gross delusions of grandeur. He claims he is a greater saviour than Jesus. In his own words: I can save you without some silly cross. He has not even the wit to avoid saying such nonsense to his evangelical base.
- He is very thin-skinned.
- He finds sadistic dictators like Assad and Putin emotionally appealing. He gets off on submitting to them. Kinky.
- Putin helped Trump win the election by spying on the Democrats. In return, Trump said he would renege on the NATO treaty and support the Russian claims over Syria, the Ukraine and Crimea.
- He has no clue what he is doing; he has no relevant experience and is too proud to take advice.
- He tells people what they want to hear, even if he has no possible way of carrying through. e.g. bringing manufacturing jobs back home to the USA.
- He is a boor. He is pointlessly rude. He is the epitome of the stereotype of the Ugly American. He enjoys being uncouth for the sake of shocking people. He is a bit like Howard Stern.
- He has a long history of swindling people.
- He is extremely selfish. He even swindles charities.
- He is a bigot, racist, homophobe, islamophobe and misogynist. Prejudice is the guiding principle of his life. This is how his father, Fred, taught him.
- He is a fat cat who looks after the interests of other fat cats. He has zero interest in helping the middle class. His tax policy is massive cuts for the rich, period.
- He said he would renege on all trade treaties, no matter what the effect on the economy or the ability to negotiate future trade agreements.
- He has already reneged on his three major campaign promises, and he is not even in office yet: namely the wall, keeping all Muslims out of the USA and repealing gay marriage. The majority of Americans consider his reneging a good thing.
- He appointed the racist Jefferson Beauregard Jeff Sessions III as attorney general. Sessions is one of the most anti-gay senators, most famously promoting a constitutional amendment to forever ban same-sex marriage and to make hate crimes against gays legal. Further, on 2005-10-05, he was one of nine Senators who voted against a Senate amendment to a House bill that prohibited cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment or punishment of individuals in the custody or under the physical control of the United States Government. As you would expect, he strongly opposes the legalisation of marijuana.
If Putin and Trump did not rig the election, how do you explain that Trump has only 30% approval rating? He should be soaring in his honeymoon period. How do you explain that the inauguration day demonstrations where overwhelming against him? How do you explain that so few people attended his inauguration compared with previous presidents?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Rise of Orange Hitler
In 1925 Hitler wrote Mein Kampf which laid out his plans for Germany. He made no secret of what he planned to do. He filled his speeches with the need for war and the need to exterminate Jews. Germans just ignored this, and voted for him anyway. They treated him as a clown. He could not possibly be serious.
Why did they vote him into office? The good German citizens had nearly all been indoctrinated by the Catholic and Protestant churches on the magic power of faith. Truth does not matter. What does matter is what you wish to be so. Then all that is required is sufficient faith to make it so.
In the USA in 2016, Orange Hitler too was completely open about his hatred of Hispanics, blacks, Muslims, gays, Jews, the disabled and women. The media pretended not to notice the 21 women accusing him of sexual assault. A 13-year old virgin had accused him of tying her to a bed and gang raping her with his buddy, Jeffrey Epstein. He confessed to multiple counts of sexual assault on tape. The American people pretended not to hear the confession. They pretended the problem was him using the rude word pussy instead of the confession.
Orange Hitler said I love war, including nuclear war. Though he said it on tape, the American media reported it only once. A fruitcake presidential candidate planned to blow up the world and this was not newsworthy? He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them?
Orange Hitler many times announced he was a climate change denier, apparently because he was confused between climate and weather. He installed a fellow denier as VP and as head of the EPA and has his chief strategist. According to science, this is a pretty good way of ending life on earth. Yet his plan to end vertebrate life on earth hardly made a ripple on the news. Americans never discussed it online. Climate change is too depressing. Americans had faith without evidence that it must be some spectacular hoax, a completely secret conspiracy of all scientists on earth.
Why did they vote for him? Unlike other developed nations the good American citizens had nearly all been indoctrinated by the Catholic and Protestant churches on the magic power of faith. Truth does not matter. What does matter is what you want to be so. Then all that is required is sufficient faith to make it so.
Pundits claimed that once Orange Hitler faced the actualities of governing, he would give up his extreme, crazy ideas. Again this was just wishful thinking. His choices for cabinet are even more extreme than he is.
Americans just ignored the evidence he was more dangerous than Hitler, and voted for him anyway. They treated him as a clown. He could not possibly be serious.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Robert Mercer is arguably the most evil man in America. He is a multibillionaire who made his money with computer-aided speculation in the stock market. Some of the things he did with his money include:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70) The Secret Billionaire Behind Trump’s Rise
- He was the main funder of Trump’s campaign.
- He funded the Citizen’s United court challenge that lets billionaires spend as much money as they please to buy elections.
- He was the main funder of Kellyanne Conway’s PAC (Political Action Committee).
- He is the main funder of the Alt-Right Propaganda site, Breitbart, where Steve Bannon comes from.
- He is the main funder of Brexit.
- Trump is his puppet as are the Trump cabinet.
- He funds quack science.
- He promotes no controls on banks and speculators.
- He is the source of Trump’s crazy ideas, such as disbanding public education, pretending climate change is a hoax, disbanding the EPA…
- He selected the incompetents and lunatics that form Trump’s cabinet.
- Trump is just his front man. Trump gets the glory. Mercer gets the power.
timeline Donald Trump forced Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to write a letter justifying and demanding the firing of James Comey, the head of the FBI. On 2017-05-09, Trump fired Comey because Comey refused to cancel the investigation of Michael T. Flynn, the Russian connection and himself. Rosenstein angrily repudiated the letter. Allegedly without Trump’s permission, Rosenstein then hired Robert Mueller as the new head of the FBI.
Who is Robert Mueller? He is a Republican. George W. Bush appointed him head of the FBI a few days before 9-11. He went along with Attorney General Ashcroft in allowing torture and detention without charge or trial. He also went along with faking the evidence to justify invading Iraq. Obama replaced him with James Comey. Mueller has an undeserved reputation for integrity. He is a company man who does what those in power ask him to, without question.
I don’t think we can expect a deep investigation, any more than had Paul Ryan been tasked with the job.Colleen Rowley on Robert Mueller’s job history.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has refused to do anything to find out how Russia hacked the election and to stop them from doing it again. He even offered to create a joint Russia group to deal with hacking. Russia would get all the American anti-hacking secrets. This is beyond absurd. Why would Trump do this? He does not want any investigation of hacking because it will uncover his collusion. Why else would he do that?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump made a deal with Putin. Putin would rig the election. Trump would lift the sanctions. This would be worth billions to Russia and Exxon-Mobil. But Trump is entangled in scandals and does not dare look too friendly to Russia. Just the same, he took a big risk by appointing Rex Tillerson, the Exxon-Mobil CEO as secretary of state. So he is reneging on his deal with Putin and leaving the sanctions in place, possibly even adding more sanctions.
Putin is a Mafia-type guy. He cares only about his money. He is one of the top ten wealthiest men in the world. He does not care about excuses for why his creditors do not deliver.
Putin can destroy Trump with:
- details of the election rigging deal.
- video of the hookers urinating on Trump.
- details of financial scandals (e.g. money laundering).
Putin has Trump’s balls in a wringer. Americans for some reason completely ignore this. Trump is for all practical purposes, Putin’s puppet.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump’s press secretary, will tell any lie she is told to. She shows no embarrassment or shame, no matter how preposterous the lie. As the Christians say: For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
~ Mark 8:36.
The Secret of Donald Trump’s Success
I heard Donald Trump deny that he had groped three women accusers. He was completely convincing. However, I had previously heard him confess that he routinely grabbed women by the pussy without consent. I think it is more likely that the Donald is a practiced and polished liar than three women came forward to brave Trump and the Tea Party’s revenge.
Further, Trump tried to bamboozle us by suggesting the victims were too old to be sexually interesting. The attacks occurred decades ago when the victims were still young and attractive. An honest person would not attempt to deceive us like that.
I think his supporters are taken in by his skill at lying. They believe everything he says simply because he is so sincere sounding. They have no interest in background checks that might expose his bluster. They don’t want him to be caught lying.
People who have been bamboozled by a con man often bend over backwards to convince themselves there is no con. It is just too embarrassing to admit they have been had.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The president, vice president, president elect and vice president elect each get a daily top secret security briefing, that covers what is going on in the hot spots all over the world, what covert operations are up to and where terrorists are likely to strike. Trump skips his briefings giving the excuse he is too busy. I suppose that is true. He has the Trump business empire to run and he has a cabinet to pull together. However, he told us that security was his top priority. So that too was yet another lie.
Trump bragged he was far more competent at doing security than Obama and all the generals. How could that be if he has no intelligence (pun intended)?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Shame On America
17 federal security agencies (including the FBI, CIA, NSA and Homeland Security) said the Russians were trying to influence the outcome of the 2016 election. Trump lavishly praised Putin and communicated with him. Putin spied on the Democrats on behalf of Trump. To reward the Russians, Trump said he would withdraw from NATO to make it easy for Russia to expand its sphere of influence in Europe. He also said he would acknowledge Russian claims in Syria, Ukraine and Crimea. You would think all Americans would be furious about this, but they weren’t. Because the Russians were aiding their candidate, Trump supporters cheered Putin/Trump on in their skullduggery. Trump’s love of cheating has infected half of America.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Trump administration will be asked the same questions five times and give five different answers. Presumably each answer is closer to the truth. This means the earlier answers were all lies. Yet Trumpians show no shame. They never apologise for lying. They never acknowledge lying. The media are so used to this pattern, they too fail to comment on the lying.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Shaming Trump Supporters
A Trump supporter may disavow all the disgusting downsides of Donald Trump, claiming for example I am are voting for him because I like the idea of term limits. But what they are really saying is All the downsides are so unimportant, I am willing to overlook them in order to get term limits. What are some of the downsides?
- He is a climate change denier. Waiting another four years to get on top of it is suicidal.
- He asked his security advisor many times, Why can’t we use nuclear weapons? He favours nuclear proliferation, for example to Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia.
- As of 2017-11-17, 21 women have accused him of sexual assault. He confessed on tape to making a habit of sexual assault, then asked us to believe he was lying.
- He raped Katie Johnson, a 13-year old girl. The matter is before the courts.
- He was convicted of discriminating against black people by refusing to let them rent his apartments.
- He calls for an unconstitutional religious test, barring only Muslims from the USA.
- He calls for stop and frisk which was ruled unconstitutional.
- He calls for repealing gay marriage.
- He calls for unconstitutional discrimination against Hispanics, calling for expelling only Hispanic illegal immigrants from the USA.
- He went bankrupt four times. He managed to swindle hundreds of people out of billions of dollars in the process. He has bragged about this many times. He said this is how he plans to deal with the US national debt.
- He makes a habit of contracting people to do work for him, then not paying. He even stiffed a little girl band who performed at his rallies.
- He is a compulsive liar. According to Politifacts, 75% of what he says is untrue.
- He mocked a disabled man.
- He wants a massive tax cut for the rich and corporations. He wants higher taxes for the losers. This tax cut will balloon the national debt, many times what Democratic spending would.
- Even though the USA spends more on the military than all other countries combined, he wants to spend trillions of dollars more. He wants to placate the defence industry. He wants to trigger an arms race, simply for the joy of throwing his weight around.
- He is delusional. He refuses to acknowledge bad news. He is pathologically narcissistic. He has no impulse control. He is paranoid. He is ridiculously thin-skinned. He is obsessive about seeking revenge.
- The constitution has been interpreted to mean abortion is a civil right. Trump wants to pack the court with religious fanatics who will ignore science and replace abortion law with Christian superstition, i.e. make abortion illegal at any time under any circumstances.
- He accuses anyone who is not an enthusiastic supporter, Republican or Democrat, of crimes. However, he refuses ever to show evidence for his claims. He also accuses all the Republicans and Democrats in the nation’s local election boards of corruption.
- Trump says he plans to change the libel laws so that he can sue any magazine or newspaper that writes a negative piece about him. This is just one of many examples of how he thinks he is running for dictator, above the constitution, not the president.
We should publicly shame Trump supporters and shun them. Just as Hitler could not have harmed the world without supporters, Trump too can do no damage without his morally bankrupt supporters who look the other way at his show-stopping negatives. A Trump president could easily end life on earth. Even Hitler could not do that. Trump supporters are so stupid they have no business voting.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Shooting for Sport
Imagine a cartoon with two panels. The left has Donald Trump Jr. shooting at a prairie dog. In the foreground in a prairie dog with a sign that says Eat what you kill! The right panel has Donald Trump Sr. shooting an Arabic child. In the foreground is an Arabic child also with a sign that says Eat what you kill!~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Skipping Security Briefings
Trump skips most of his security briefings. He says he takes them only when he needs them. How can he possibly know which ones to skip if he ignores nearly all of them?
Think of the trouble the US got into because Bush ignored the security briefing about bin Laden and 9/11. That is part of the job Mr. Trump. Stop goofing off and fooling around with non-presidential matters like your TV show and real-estate deals.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump does not want to permanently get rid of all trade agreements, just extort unfair conditions favourable to the USA. The countries of the world don’t have to give him what he wants. Further, they can demand as a condition of renegotiation that he honour the US Paris climate change treaty. He does not officially have to stop being a climate change denier. He just has to do this to humour the rest of the world.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Donald Trump’s advisor, Steve Bannon, is just as crazy as Trump, but more coherent.
He is a violent man. War turns him on. He strangled his wife and hit his baby twins.
He believes there is no room in America except for white Christians. He wants to exclude all immigrants.
His Breitbart News publishes fake news to support the alt-right view. He has a bee in his bonnet about restoring 1950s Christian values.
Breitbart said Bannon was the Leni Riefenstahl (Hitler’s film propagandist) of the Alt Right, intending this as a compliment.Abby Martin Exposes Steve Bannon
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Steven Miller (1985-08-23 age:32) is one of Trump’s posse. He is extremely right wing. He is the pus-source of much of the hate, bigotry and racism in the Trump cabinet. I cannot look at his picture for more than a few seconds without feeling nauseous. Part of the creepiness comes from the fact he looks about 20 years older than his chronological age.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Stop the Leaks
I have plan for Trump to stop the leaks. Just stop doing things in secret the public disapproves of. Either just do stuff the people want or fess up to stuff Trump is doing they will not like. Don’t expect the public to get behind Trump’s stop the leaks campaign. Both supporters and detractors want to know what Trump is up to.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Stormy Daniels is an adult film star. Trump paid her off for her silence about his affair with her. Trump paid off another adult film star similarly. The dossier accused Trump of frolicking with some hookers in Moscow. Trump denied that he ever consorted with hookers. Surely, if he frolicked with porn stars in the USA he would frolic with hookers in Moscow. In theory, this behaviour should revolt Trump’s fundamentalist base, but they appear to ignore it. The big problem when a president behaves this way is he opens himself to blackmail, particularly from Russia.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Strike A Committee
Republicans like Mitch McConnell have demanded a congressional committee to investigate Donald Trump’s claim that Barack Obama wiretapped him, even though McConnell admits Trump has not a scrap of evidence to back up his accusation. That would be like striking a committee to investigate the danger of pink rhinos invading Florida. If there is no evidence, what could the committee talk about? This is simply a smokescreen to get the public off the scandal about Trump colluding with the Russians to rig the election.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump begged off his duties after only 1.5 days of work, claiming exhaustion.
Trump is 71 the oldest president ever. He is 22.68 kg (50 lbs) overweight. He believes a crackpot idea that exercise is harmful. He lives on a high-fat diet of McDonalds fast food. (He claims the white house chefs are poisoning him, and McDonalds don’t know he coming.) There are very few people with bodies that decrepit capable of withstanding two days as president of the USA. Bill Clinton was in better shape than Trump and he needed a quadruple bypass. Trump’s behaviour (the slurring, the muddy headedness, forgetfulness) might possibly be explained by a mild stroke.
The army is supposed give him a day-long extensive physical once a year including a CAT (Computerised Axial Tomography) scan and heart stress testing. He is 1 year, 1 month and 5 days overdue for his checkup.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Even before he has taken office, Trump has changed his mind on a substantial number of his major election policy platforms.
- No more wall on the Mexican border.
- No more keeping all Muslims out of America.
- Obamacare will stay for at least three years.
- He has hired mainly insiders and lobbyists for his cabinet. So much for drain the swamp.
Some new policies are big surprises.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- No more public schools. You will have to send your kid to a private religious school and pay for it yourself.
- No more DOE.
- No more EPA.
To Surprise or Not To Surprise?
Donald Trump chastised Obama and the generals for announcing the attack on Mosul. Trump said you must hit them by surprise. There are two problems with that:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- With a surprise attack, you don’t give the civilians any chance to flee, leaving behind only those who want to fight. You then end up killing more civilians, including children, than combatants.
- It is very hard to launch a surprise attack. Consider what would have happened if Japan had mounted its Pearl Harbor attack from a nearby island. The Americans would have seen them preparing. The attack worked only because the Japanese prepared out-of-sight. ISIS is well aware of everything going on in the region.
American evangelicals are supporting Donald Trump even though he confessed to multiple counts of sexual assault and all manner of swindling. Why? Donald Trump promised to appoint a conservative to the supreme court. Evangelicals hope that will overturn Roe-v-Wade. Then it will be illegal to have an abortion no matter what stage the fetus, under any circumstances (e.g. rape, incest, expected death of the mother, child mother, non-viability of the fetus) and possibly even to ban birth control.
They self-righteously think of this as preventing baby murder. Their religious beliefs befuddle them on the difference between a blastula, fetus and baby. They imagine a blastula has a soul, and a complex inner life comparable to a newborn. It does not. It has not developed a brain yet.
It is just a variant on a blood cell. It is a potential human, just as a sperm cell is a potential human, but it has a long way to go before it has any of the attributes of a newborn baby. In the first month, it is smaller than a poppy seed. At 8 weeks, it looks like a tadpole.
Radical evangelicals are willing to bomb abortion clinics, killing doctors, women, children and fetuses all over a tadpole. What nitwits!
Evangelicals are trying to push their religious superstitions on others. It is effectively trying to force others to bow to their god. They don’t believe in religious freedom.
The great irony is Trump was pro-choice prior to the campaign. This suggests, even if he became president, overturning Roe-v-Wade would not be his highest priority. He tricked the evangelicals into putting up with him.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Sympathy For Kellyanne
Kellyanne Conway (1967-01-20 age:51) has been through the ringer. Compare a photo of her at the start of the campaign with now. Her job is spinning and excusing Trump’s lies and nutty statements. It is an impossible job. You can hear the tension in her voice as she tries to sell preposterous cover stories. Unlike Press Secretary Sean Spicer, she still has the remnants of a conscience. I keep expecting her to snap and go postal. She knows so much, she could destroy Trump. If she did start blurting out what she knows, I think it likely he would have her killed and made to look like an accident.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The words honestly or believe me in a sentence are a dead give-away it is a lie.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Terminally Stupid Trump Supporters
Trump supporters tell me they are sick and tired of being pushed around by fat cats. So whom do they choose as their pied piper? Donald Trump, the ultimate fat cat. He shits into a gold plated toilet. He lives in a gold tomb, decorated like Saddam Hussein’s palace. He skipped taxes for the last 18 years. He dodged the draft using his influence. He faked bankruptcy four times making billions by ripping off his creditors. He made a habit of hiring people to do construction for him then stiffing them. He even stiffed a little girl band he hired to entertain at rallies.
They vote for Republicans who invariably give massive tax cuts to the wealthy and increase the taxes on the middle class. Further, they insert tax loopholes for the rich. They promise reduced spending then jack up military spending. The US military is already bigger than the rest of the countries combined. The press to ensure only the wealthy get health care, denying even themselves and their kids!
They claim to be Christians, yet they cheer on a guy who confessed to serial sexual assault on 21 women.
They turn the other way when they learn Trump gang-raped a 13-year old virgin, tying her to a bed, taking turns with his convicted paedophile buddy Jeffrey Epstein in front of two witnesses. The case is going to court in 2016-12.
He promised to drain the swamp, then appointed only lobbyists and Washington insiders to his cabinet, all people famous for their corruption. Before the election, Trump himself bragged how he routinely bought politicians. This is like expecting an alligator to drain the swamp.
Trump supporters are stupid because they always vote against their own self interest. They believe whatever BS Trump tells them without ever checking it out for plausibility.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
That’s My Story and I’m Sticking To It
The Trump camp don’t understand a basic fact of life. If you change your story, that proves your original version was a lie and your new version is almost certainly a lie too. These idiots happily change their story five times.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has a notoriously thin skin. He is obsessed with people admiring him. So everything you can do to expose, resist, disrespect or mock Trump, will sting far more than he will ever let on.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Ticking Off China
Why is China important?
- Us’ biggest trading partner.
- they hold a huge amount of the US national debt.
- they produce most of the consumer goods for the USA.
- they have nukes and missiles.
- they are next in line to the be the world superpower.
What has the US done recently to tick the Chinese off?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump treated their province as a separate nation (Taiwan). They are very sensitive about this. Originally we supported Taiwan.
- Trump spat on the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) trade treaty with China that had been years in the making.
- Siding with the Philippines in a sea territorial dispute with China. China made fake islands to back its claim.
- Trump vilified them during the election with racist stereotypes.
It is an ill wind that blows nobody good. Trade agreements hurt some people and help others:
Advantages of Trade Agreements
- Trade in general increases. The economy as a whole is stimulated. Mainly the wealthy benefit. Even the middle and lower classes enjoy lower prices for consumer goods.
- There is greater specialisation which improves the quality of goods and lowers cost.
- Trade agreements create ties between countries that help forge peaceful bonds.
- Exporters have access to larger markets. They can offer lower prices. This increases their sales. This works primarily for exporters who specialise.
- Importers can buy goods all over the world at cheaper prices without tariffs.
Disadvantages of Trade Agreements
- Businesses flee the country to places where labour is cheap. People lose their jobs.
- Foreign corporations gain veto power over environmental legislation. In theory, this need not be so, but in practice it is always a part of the agreement.
- Governments are hamstrung. They cannot do anything that would reduce foreign corporate profits. Again, in theory, this need not be so, but in practice, it is always a part of the agreement.
- Massive amounts of goods are shipped all over the world, emitting more greenhouse gases in the process. As we get more and more serious about climate change, this factor will rise in importance.
- It requires extra energy to transport all those trade goods. As fossil fuels run out, those prices will inevitably rise.
- Countries no longer have a reliable local food supply or a supply of basic goods. The supply can be disrupted by national disasters in other parts of the world, or by wars or blockades.
- The economies of third world countries become less stable. Overnight, corporations move operations to a new country with labour a few pennies cheaper.
- There is global race to the bottom for wages, worker safety and worker health. The third world competes with the developed world more directly for the lowest wages.
- Shipping goods all over spreads disease and invasive species.
Reneging on Trade Agreements
Donald Trump has said he will make the USA revert back from a free trade policy to a protectionist one in order to save the jobs that were lost under free trade. He suggests reneging on all trade agreements. I don’t think this is wise for the following reasons:
- Breaking your word is a serious breach. There is no guarantee other countries will ever negotiate any kind of treaties with you ever again, knowing you will renege if ever the treaty favours others. Trade agreements have legitimate, but time-consuming ways to get out of them. You must be patient to maintain your reputation.
- After the break, protectionist tariffs will allow former exporters to sell to the domestic market. However, their global export market will dry up because of tariffs their competitors have to pay. With a greatly reduced market, they will have to lay workers off and might even have to close plants or go bankrupt. Ironically, we would have the exact opposite of the intended effect.
The essential problem is corporations do not care in the least about the welfare of workers. They have no loyalty to any one country. All they care about are profits. They don’t give a hoot what their trade agreements do to ordinary workers. The solution may be trade agreements where only fair trade goods may be exchanged. Further, retraining needs to be an integral part of every trade agreement.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Traditional American Values
Trump appeals to the traditional American values: anti-Semitism, homophobia, racism and sexism.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
During the campaign, Trump said a number of rash, unsubstantiated accusations about China. Walking them back will make diplomacy awkward:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- China was manipulating currencies.
- China was dumping (selling below cost) in the USA.
- China was plotting to take America’s jobs.
- China was raping the USA.
- Trump planned to impose import tariffs on Chinese goods.
- Trump planned to bankrupt the USA and make out like a bandit the way he did with the bankruptcies of his many businesses. Almost no one took him seriously even though it was consistent with his grandiose promise dismantle the US Federal Government. This would be alarming to China since it means Trump would refuse to pay the $1.051 trillion the US owes them. Of course if Trump did that, the Chinese would refuse to lend them any more money or sell them any more goods which would probably hurt the USA far more. Further, no other country would lend the US money. The USA would be like Greece, begging for handouts.
- Trump mocked Chinese food and music as sensitively as Mickey Rooney as Mr. Yunioshi in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Trump makes almost no sense to an English speaker. I wonder what gibberish he will sound like translated into Chinese.
Trump Accuses Obama
For years, Trump accused Obama of not being born in the USA and hence ineligible to run for president. Trump accused Obama of being a Muslim (a synonym for terrorist to the right). He accused Obama of being the literal founder of ISIS. He never presented any evidence for his charges, just hinted that he had his sources. Suddenly, he announced he was withdrawing the birther accusation. He never apologised. He never explained why he was mistaken.
Now he is at it again, accusing Obama of tapping his phone. Again he presented no evidence. If the accusation were true, all he would have to do is present the wiretapping authorisation which he has legal access to.
Why is Trump doing this? He is creating a diversion away from his own scandal about colluding with the Russians to rig the election in his favour.
If Trump were not president, nobody would believe a thing he said. Look at his record. He lies so much he would be classified as mentally ill. It freaks people out to discover they elected a lunatic. So they go into denial and desperately seek excuses for his compulsive lies.
Why does Trump lie so compulsively, even when the lie can be easily debunked, even when there is no apparent benefit to the lie?
- As a smokescreen. The silly, outrageous lies distract reporters from the big scandals.
- It is a power game he plays with himself. He derives immense pleasure from fooling some of the people, all of the time when people believe him, no matter what nonsense he spouts, just because he is the president.
- The people come to expect him to lie. They are not shocked or outraged no matter what he lies about.
- He has an extreme need for approval. He cannot help himself from saying what he thinks the room wants to hear even if he said the opposite yesterday, even if it is a lie, even if it is a promise he has no intention of keeping.
- He is a polished actor. He has a SAG (Screen Actors Guild) card. Like Reagan, his craft is sounding sincere.
- Confirmation bias. Trump reads conspiracy websites such as Alex Jones’ Infowars and Breitbart News. He trusts these sites because they tell him what he wants to hear. He acts on what he reads without any double checking.
- He is mentally ill. It is an addiction/compulsion.
Once this blows over, I would hope Obama will sue Trump for $800 million for defamation for all four whoppers. Trump will have not a leg to stand on. All he could do is argue about the amount of the damages.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump The Actor
Trump is an actor, a performer. He even has a SAG card. He is skilled at the arts of deception, in particular lying.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump and Climate Change
Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Scott Pruitt and Rick Perry are all rabidly anti-science when it comes to climate change. Scott Pruitt has very close ties to the fossil fuel industry. They have said they want to dismantle the EPA.
Why would they want to pollute the air, water and soil? Why would they want to make the earth uninhabitable with climate change?
First of all, consider that Trump never saw a living tree during his childhood. His bare foot never touched soil. He never drank tap water or water from a stream. He drank only imported bottled water so the importance of clean tap water never dawned on him. He breathed only air that was contaminated with automobile exhaust. He can’t even imagine what mountain air smells like. He lived in a completely artificial world encased in concrete and steel with everything plated in gold, with not even so much as a living house plant.
Trump learned from his father that nothing matters except having the most money. He learned it is good to cheat and it is good to make others miserable. Even the survival of yourself and others is irrelevant. He has no place in his brain or heart to value the environment. He was raised to be the epitome of crassness, selfishness and conceit. He believes he knows better than all the world’s scientists, even though he has done no research.
Trump has doomed the planet. Perhaps someone can shake him out of his anti-environmental trance, or some brave consortium of countries will impeach or assassinate him.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump and the Media
Trump demands the media write only glowing reports about him. He is distressed that so much of what they have to say is negative. How could this be otherwise? It is Trump’s own fault.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump promotes bigotry.
- Trump wants to trash the environment including poisoning the entire global atmosphere with CO₂.
- Trump wants to force creationism and Christianity on everyone by teaching them in schools.
- Trump wants to dismantle the public school system.
- Trump wants to take health care away from millions of people.
- Trump wants to restart the nuclear arms race.
- Trump wants to have a nuclear war.
- Trump wants to promote junk science and suppress real science.
- Trump humiliated Americans by acting like a Mafia thug trying to shake Mexico down for the cost of his wall.
- Trump colluded with Putin to subvert the federal election.
- 21 women have accused Trump of sexual assault or worse.
Trump and the Paris Climate Accord
In earlier years, Trump called for urgent action on climate change. Then on 2017-06-01 he withdrew the USA from the Paris Climate Change Accord. Why?
- Trump owes Russia a big favour for hacking the election for him. Russia also has all manner of ways of blackmailing Trump. They have his balls in a wringer. Russia’s economy is based on oil. Russia is such a cold country, it might welcome climate change. Oil sales have been tanking as the demand for oil has been dropping. Trump and Russia hope to totally derail the Paris Accord. This would extend the life of oil.
- Trump has a cosy relationship with Saudi Arabia even though Saudis executed 9-11. He gave them $160 million in arms. Presumably the Saudis have bribed Trump. Like Russia, Saudi Arabia has an oil-based economy, and desperately needs global oil demand to rise.
- Trump appointed Rex Tillerson (the CEO of Exxon-Mobil) to be the Secretary of State. Exxon have nearly all their money invested in drilling licences in Russia. They too want global demand for oil to rise.
So surprisingly, Trump is fully aware of the consequences of climate change. It is just that making money for himself for the short term trumps everything.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump and Twitter
Trump prefers Twitter as his way of communicating with the public. Why?
- He does not have to give details. Twitter posts are limited to 140 characters.
- He can impulsively fling out his thoughts.
- Errors in grammar and spelling and comprehension are forgiven.
- It makes him look more populist.
- Nobody fact checks his work.
Surely Twitter officially prohibits broadcasting false news and slander. Trump broadcasts nothing but. If Twitter had any balls, they would kick Trump off for violation of the service agreement.
Trump slighted Twitter because they refused to create an emoji mocking Hillary. That was an outrageous request, even more so given the Unicode Consortium creates new emoji, not Twitter.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Trump Assassination
Several countries attempted to assassinate Hitler. The USA attempted to assassinate Castro, even though he had done nothing to the USA and was no threat to them. It was just a grudge over Castro nationalising the property of rich Cubans shortly after the revolution.
Trump is a climate change denier. He appointed Mike Pence, a fellow denier, as VP and Scott Pruitt, yet another climate change denier, as head of the EPA and Rick Perry, yet another climate change denier, as head of the DOE.
As far as I know, no other country is run by climate change deniers. Some of those countries are sinking beneath the waves as we speak. Others in Africa are rapidly losing farmland to drought and extreme heat. Developed countries can project where climate change is going.
Trump is much more dangerous than Hitler ever was. Hitler could kill millions and make us speak German. Trump will make the entire world uninhabitable with his policies. It will become a matter of self-defence for all those countries to either assassinate Trump or drive him from office by hook or by crook.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump the Awful
Trump was such a dreadful, rude, stupid candidate for the Republican nominee. He was a joke. How did he possibly win the nomination? You would almost think the Democrats helped him along by arranging free non-stop TV coverage. They wanted the easiest-to-beat candidate. Think back to the 1972 election. Nixon helped George McGovern become the Democratic candidate. Nixon corrected guessed McGovern was too far left to win a majority of the votes.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
On 2017-01-10 Buzzfeed published an unclassified US government security document that said two startling things:
- The Russians had compromising material on Donald Trump.
- Donald Trump and his team during the election were in constant contact with Putin.
They said it was perverse sexual acts done on Trump’s visit to Russia, including paying Russian prostitutes to let him pee on them and embarrassing financial information.
Trump is an idiot. Russian sparrows are well known for seducing and entrapping visiting politicians into compromising acts. He should have known he was being filmed.
Until this material is revealed, Trump is vulnerable to blackmail. He can’t function as president under that cloud. He has to come clean before the inauguration.
Given that both Trump and Putin created similar false news stories, and they were in constant contact, and Putin illegally influenced the election, Trump has dirty hands. He too was involved in rigging the election (as he promised). He cannot dance his way out of that one, not even to the satisfaction of the extreme right.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Trump Blues
When Trump was elected, it felt like repeated kicks to the stomach. I would wake up wishing Trump were just some horrible dream. This went on and on. I was able to pull myself out of it by:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Fantasising Trump coming to various sticky ends.
- Recalling there were hundreds of millions of people all over the world who detest Trump. We are far from powerless to stop him.
- Trump’s popularity is built on lies. Those lies will inevitably unravel.
Trump is a Christian
Trump lies not stop. Whenever anyone confronts him, he just doubles down and refuses to acknowledge his lie. This is exactly what Christians do when you confront them with errors and inconsistencies in the bible. This suggests Trump is a true Christian.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump once appeared a Catholic charity dinner where Trump and Hillary Clinton where supposed to roast each other and make self-deprecating jokes. Nothing Trump said was remotely funny or self-deprecating. It was as if he had never seen a roast before. He just uttered serious and vicious criticism as if he were in a debate. I thought, surely he has comedy writers to help him along. But he apparently ignored their advice and chose to act like a boor. Why? Was he unable to check his hatred for Mrs. Clinton, even for a hour?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump Commands Merry Christmas
Why don’t the store clerks say Merry Christmas? Because they also have non-Christian customers, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, atheist, Jewish, Mormon, JW… They want to say something inclusive namely Happy Holidays. Trump does not have the authority to tell people to say Merry Christmas. The constitution says all religions must be treated equally. Trump keeps lying that he has the authority and he is about to mandate Merry Christmas any day.
Perhaps this could be handled by wearing a badge that announced your favourite greeting.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump the Con Man
Trump is a natural born liar. His joy in life is pulling a fast one and deceiving people. Even better if that deception sucks money out of their pockets into his, without him giving them any value in return. For him, scamming is so ingrained, he lies reflexively even when there is no benefit to him.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Consider employers in the time of Dickens. They paid wages barely sufficient to keep their employees alive. They worked their employees 16 hours a day. They provided dangerous working conditions. This is how employers behave when there are no government controls on them.
Trump has piece by piece being abolishing all regulations on corporations. It is only a matter of time until employers revert to Dickens standards.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Trump Coup
Trump has expressed his contempt for the rule of law. The Homeland Security people have announced they will ignore any court orders. The most likely orders would be ones blocking Trump’s executive order to ban Muslims as unconstitutional. This gradual slicing away at democracy is the way Hitler converted the German democracy into a dictatorship. It is extremely important not to let Trump get away with this.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump the Crook
In 2015 Trump was convicted of money laundering. His Taj Mahal casino was fined $10 million dollars, the biggest fine ever levied for money laundering. I thought felons were not allowed to vote, much less run for office. In a civil suit, he had to pay $25 million dollars to the students of Trump University he defrauded.Trump’s Been Laundering Russian Mob Money For Decades
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump the Deadbeat
Trump has a reputation for not paying his bills. He is having trouble finding lawyers to work for him for that reason. He has been sued over 3000 times. He was also forced to settle for $25 million for defrauding the students at Trump university. The voters know this but they don’t care that their president is a crook.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Trump Era
I watched a movie called The Crucible about the Salem witch trials. Trump appointed a man in charge of the environment with no more understanding of science than those screaming for burning the young girls as witches. Trump is even worse than he promised to be. How long before all Americans start rending their clothes in regret?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has two hurdles before inauguration, namely court cases scheduled for December.
In one he is accused of fraud over Trump university.
In the other, he is accused of tying a 13-year-old virgin, Katie Johnson to a bed, and with his buddy, Jeffrey Epstein, repeatedly gang raping her, under the view of two witnesses.
If he loses either case, I could easily see him being declared inadmissible. You can't even vote if you are a felon.
If that happens, presumably Mr Pence becomes president. He is quite a bit saner than Trump, but he is still a climate change denier.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump the Impetuous
Trump is like a petulant child Chinese emperor without any regents. On a whim, he blocked movement of hundreds of thousands of people back into the USA. He gave no warning. He failed to check with anyone about the expected consequences. Where is congress and the senate? Trump is acting like a king of old making decrees all on his own. This is so similar to the way Hitler turned Germany from a democracy to a dictatorship.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump in North Korea
Trump is nuts when it comes to North Korea. Every schoolboy knows that the way to taunt a guy to violence is to insult him. Why is Trump doing this with rocket man? We want Kim Jong Un to calm down not start shooting nukes.
Trump says he has no choice but to obliterate all of North Korea if Kim Jong Un does not kiss Trump’s ass. Trump has lots of choices.
- blow up the nuke research lab
- blow up Kim Jong Un
- totally strangle imports/exports to North Korea
- blow up just Pyongyang
- shoot down every missile
- nuke North Korea to rubble as promised and kill 21,000,0000 innocent people and who knows how many millions of people in surrounding countries. The holocaust killed only 6,000,0000 people. Like Hitler, Trump is a racist and white supremacist. This is what motivates his hatred of all Koreans North and South.
- do nothing
The essential problem is the inexperience and bloated egos of the two leaders. It is insanity to let either of these men continue to control their respective nuclear buttons. It is even more important to take them out than it would have been to take out Hitler.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump promised unparalleled prosperity. His plan? Bind the USA to a sunset technology based on fossil fuels while the rest of the world leaves the USA in the dust developing clean energy.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump Is Leaving
It is pretty well certain that Trump will be leaving office before the end of his first term. The question is how?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- article 25
- death by natural causes, probably as a side effect of a life-long diet of junk food
Trump the Liar
Salesman and con men get away with lies because they tell them to only one person. They only have to bamboozle one person, but when Trump tells his lies to the whole world including the leaders of foreign countries, he forgets that millions of people remember what he said before. Millions know why those lies cannot be true. They share their knowledge with everyone. Trump can still get away with lies because his base are so indoctrinated they will believe whatever he tells them. However, it is only a matter of time until he tells a whopper even his base cannot swallow. Trump lies so much he is like the boy who cried wolf, and the people refused to believe him when he finally did tell the truth. He has destroyed the credibility of the USA to make threats.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump the Liar
Trump lies like a Chinese emperor. He declares it is snowing in July. The courtiers must don parkas and drag each other about on sleds. Anyone refusing to participate in the charade is beheaded. Trump lies preposterously to project his power. Trump’s retinue jump to endorse the latest alternative facts. Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer are his chief puppets. He attempts to sell his lies with a theatre of peer pressure.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
I am puzzled what is going on in Trumps head with his outrageous lying. He tells lies that can be debunked by millions of witnesses. He tells lies when there is videotape debunking his lie. He lies even when there is no advantage to lying; he lies just to keep his hand in. He refuses to admit his lies even when he is caught red-handed. He just keeps repeating his lies and claiming everyone disagreeing is lying as part of some giant conspiracy. What are the possible explanations:
- Trump is a master liar. He gets a kick out of getting away with lies, at least fooling a sizable number of people, with a combination of skillful lying and accusing others. The Republican party is complicit in seconding his lies to give them credibility. The people who are fooled do no investigation. They simply believe what the echo chamber says.
- Trump is delusional. He believes that he can create reality simply by speaking it into existence as if he were a god. People like Kellyanne Conway, with a straight face, repeat his insanities. Even people outside the cabinet like Mitch McConnell pretend to believe the delusions, out of a sense of loyalty.
- To Trump, all lies are white lies so it does not matter if they are exposed. It is puzzling to Trump why anyone would care if his lies are true or not.
If Trump is delusional, we have an extremely serious situation. He has said I love war, including nuclear war. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? He has also said he believes climate change to be a hoax concocted by China. By acting on either of these delusions he will end life on earth. I think that is more than sufficient justification to remove him from office by hook or by crook.
When pending nuclear war is the issue, the niceties of procedure no longer apply.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump Lies About Immigrants
Trump has repeatedly characterised illegal immigrants from Mexico as murders, rapists and drunk drivers. However, the US Census bureau pointed out that illegal immigrants are ⅕ to ½ as likely to be incarcerated. Further, when they are incarcerated 30% of the time it is for immigration offences. In other words, illegal immigrants are much less dangerous than native citizens. Trump lied, yet again.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Trump Meltdown
As the Trump campaign, unravels I predict the following will happen:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He will take no personal responsibility.
- He will become increasingly paranoid, positing group after group out to get him and betray America.
- He will simply deny any embarrassing facts revealed about him.
- He will make ever more outlandish claims about what he, Trump the superhero, will do.
Serge F. Kovaleski is a physically disabled reporter who suffers from a congenital joint condition that makes his hands crab. Trump mocked him by crabbing his hands and flailing his arms around and talking in a jerky voice. The incident was on video. I saw it dozens of times. Meryl Streep took Trump to task for his rude bullying. He denied he did it. How could he possibly imagine he would get away with such a lie, when his behaviour was on video tape? Simple. His followers only watch FOX. FOX will never show the clip. Thus he actually can bamboozle his followers.Trump Mocking Reporter
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump on Brexit
Trump promoted Brexit. Why? He believes life is a zero sum game. The way you improve your life is to make someone else’s worse.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump on Iraq
Donald Trump mocked Khizr Khan whose son, Captain Humayun Khan, was killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq. Trump claimed that Khan, by defending his son, had made a pact with the devil (aka Hillary Clinton). Americans left and right go apoplectic if anyone questions the motives of American soldiers or questions whether their deaths benefited anyone. Trump blamed Khan for attacking him, when Trump was the one who started the insult-slinging match. Trump has metaphorically stuck his finger in a 220V AC (Alternating Current) socket. Oddly, Trump was correct. The death of Khan benefited no one. It was a pointless, illegal war justified purely with lies. However, the deaths of Muslim-American soldiers were no more pointless than the deaths of anyone else. Trump is a racist boor. Even Republicans can’t put up with this sort of disrespect for the dead. This may mark the beginning of the end for Trump, which may well be his plan all along.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is prone to believe dark conspiracies, even when he has no evidence at all. That it might be so is all the evidence he needs. Can you imagine what a mess of things a paranoid president would make, especially with access to nuclear weapons? To make the best decisions you must be delusion free. You can’t be mislead by paranoia or delusions of grandeur. Trump is disqualified on both ends of the spectrum.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has a number of personal idiosyncrasies that may eventually hurt him as much as his unconstitutional policies:
- his bizarre hair that varies daily from white to orange.
- his way of sending secret codes with his fingers
- his coke sniffing
- his gangster accent
- his way of inappropriately touching people
- his absurd bragging
- his flash anger
- his childish vengeance
- his way of judging women like prize cattle
- his wattles
- his chameleon-like facial tones
- his habit of constricting his mouth to look like an anus
- his childish limited vocabulary
- his grasp of English syntax similar to that of a retarded child
These idiosyncrasies are so revolting and so in-your-face eventually even his followers will be sick of him.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s popularity in the election told me far more about the stupidity and moral degeneracy of the American people than they did about Trump. They are voted for a man who:
- gang-raped Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin. This is perfectly OK for Trump supporters. What sort of degenerates are they?
- Trump supporters condone Trump’s sexual assaults of 21 women. Trump supporters tell me this is just Donald having a bit of boy-fun.
- Trump’s supporters behave like Nazis, scapegoating: Muslims, Hispanics, gays, Jews, blacks, women…
- Trump’s supporters believe his lies, even though he has been fact-checked to lie ¾ of the time, even though over and over media show him contradicting his own lies. Trump supporters know every last thing he said about Obama and his birth certificate was a lie. Trump confessed to birther lie after lie for years. Yet they believed all his vicious lies about Hillary for which he never offered a stick of evidence.
- Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA Rick Perry as head of the DOE and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist and Trump supporters are such stupid hicks were are sucked in by Trump’s kooky conspiracy theory that all the scientists on earth are trying to persuade governments to needlessly reduce greenhouse gas emissions. They want to do nothing and let climate change make the earth uninhabitable.
- Trump is a homicidal maniac. He said I love war, including nuclear war. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them?
If you are an American and travel abroad, you probably should not let people know your nationality. They will spit on you because they will blame you as a deplorable Trump supporter.
It is obvious the Americans are in for a serious case of buyer’s remorse. The interesting question is, will they be able to evict him from of office before he starts a nuclear war or sends climate change over the brink. Being roasted alive at Trump’s hand is a fitting punishment for voting for the Orange Hitler. Unfortunately, he plans to take the rest of the world with him too.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Trump Resignation
Trump is over his head. He is used to a completely indulgent lifestyle. He is used to pussy-grabbing and no one stopping him. He is used to praise. If anyone fails to praise, he fires them. He is used to staying in bed as long as he wants.
Now everybody and his dog is pestering him to look after some problem or other. He has no experience. He has no idea what to do. The press and the comedians hold him up to merciless ridicule. His approval ratings keep dropping. He may have to go to jail for conspiring to rig the elections with the Russians.
He well could say to himself that he does not need all this grief. He should resign.
He could then ask the street-person physician (who faked Trump’s bill of health that let him get into the White House) to help him fake some disease he could use as an excuse for refusing to serve out his term.
Norman Bornstein (son), has been Trump’s doctor since 1980 but Jacob Bornstein (father) signed Trump’s health certificate. They have already lied twice for Trump. Surely they would once again lie to help him save face in resigning.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
An election is a popularity contest. You have to get as many people as possible to like you. Trump has been doing the very opposite: Consider all the groups he has spat on:
- Republican presidential contenders
- Evangelicals (by minimising of his sexual assault confession)
You have to charm the support of even groups you do not like. Trump is like a child having a tantrum.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
On 2018-02-07 90% of Republicans supported Trump. This tells us as much about Trump supporters as about Trump.
- They condone Trump withdrawing from the Paris Climate Change Accord.
- They condone Trump allowing industry to dump pullutants into the air and waterways.
- They condone Trump sexually assaulting 21 women, including gang raping a 13-year-old.
- They condone Trump having an extended affair with a porn star and paying her off illegally with $130,000.
- They condone Trump bribing a married woman with furniture to have sex with him.
- They condone Trump bragging he liked to grab women by the pussy.
- They condone Trump confessing that his greatest joy in life was to use treachery to break up married couples.
- They condone Trump conspiring with Putin to hack the US presidential election.
- They condone Trump’s obstruction of justice firing those investigating him.
- They condone Trump’s professed love of nuclear war and his attempts to goad Kim Jung Un into a nuclear war.
- They condone Trump’s racism, his hatred of blacks, Mexicans and Muslims. His desire to keep blacks, Mexican and Muslims out of the USA, and replace theme with whites.
- They condone Trump trying to extort Mexico to pay for a wall for the USA.
- They condone Trump’s support for confederates and Nazis.
- They condone Trump’s support of child molesters and wife beaters.
- They condone Trump taking away medical care from millions of Americans, leaving with no option but to die.
- They condone Trump’s tax cut for the rich that was actually a tax hike for the middle class.
- They condone Trump lying at least five times a day.
- They condone Trump breaking his promises such as releasing his tax returns and meeting with Mueller.
- They condone Trump refusing to put his assets in a blind trust as the constitution requires.
- They condone Trump vacationing most of the time at his own properties and charging the government for accommodation.
These people have no morals. I don’t want anything to do with them.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
There are evil people like Dahmer. I accept that humanity spawns a few rotten eggs. That is understandable. What is baffling is that nearly half of Americans picked this turd Trump as their president and the overwhelming majority of Republicans continue to support him no matter what crazy thing he does. Trump is not the nightmare. It is his supporters.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump worked really hard to loose the election. But there was so much cheating, he won anyway.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump pointlessly alienated bloc after bloc of voters: women, Hispanics, blacks, vets, GLBT, the disabled, Muslims…
- Trump acknowledged that media gave him over $2 billion in free advertising — hardly a conspiracy against him. He dominated the airwaves throughout the campaign, which reported him verbatim. If he said idiotic things, that was his own doing.
- Trump trash-talked his own party — hardly the way to win an election.
- Trump confessed to being a serial sexual predator. He did that to himself.
- Trump gang-raped a 13-year-old girl. Nobody made him do that.
- Trump told his supporters that the election was hopelessly rigged by an infinitely-powerful wicked conspiracy. Hence there was no point in voting.
Trump won the 2016-11-08 election. Whatever Trump does in his four years will stick to the Republican party for decades to come. Even Republicans do not think he will behave well. He will hurt the Republican party in the long run.
My personal preference would be for Republicans to take resources away from the house and senate races and pour them down the Trump black hole. They would then lose control of the house and senate. I would like to see Trump gradually unmasked as the liar, cheat and criminal he is, and for the American voters to give him the ego-thumping of his life.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump Voter Punishment
People who voted for Trump deserve to die a long slow painful death. Why?
- They knowingly voted for increased nuclear weapons. These weapons have no benefit to anyone and make nuclear war likely. They voted to let a madman end life on earth. Americans might argue they have the right to terminate the American experiment, but surely have no right to take the rest of the world down with them.
- They knowingly voted for a climate change denier. They voted for turning our planet into a wasteland.
- They knowingly voted for removing all environmental protection. They voted for turning our planet into a cesspool. We will be like Brazil or Indonesia.
- They knowingly voted for defunding the public school system and replacing it with charter schools that impose Christian superstition and call it science.
- They knowingly voted for withdrawing medical care from all citizens and letting them die unless they were rich enough to pay directly for medical procedures.
- They knowingly voted for bigotry against Hispanics, blacks, Muslims, gays…
- They knowingly voted for a confessed rapist and compulsive pussy grabber.
- They knowingly voted for a compulsive liar and swindler.
But why would they do something so crazy?
- Because they falsely believed doing so would get them more money when Trump bullied minorities and other countries.
- Because they are hateful bigots at heart.
Their choices were treasonous. They attempted to destroy the constitution for the basest of motives. They deserve the most horrifying of punishments. A Trump presidency will likely be just such a punishment.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
What can you say about Trump voters in general?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- they are extremely gullible.
- they are racists, homophobes and white supremacists.
- they don’t care if women are sexually assaulted or raped.
- they find crudeness and bullying exciting.
- they are very forgiving of lying.
- they are very partisan. They are happy the Russians rigged the election for the Republicans.
- they are Christians who believe what they are told, without thought.
- they are poorly educated.
- they are pretty much the scum of the earth.
Trump vs Hitler
It Trump attacks North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan… with nukes and kills tens of millions of people, Trump will be remembered as crazy and sadistic as Hitler. All Americans will be disdained in perpetuity either for aiding him or failing to stop him the same way we disdain citizens of 1940s Germany.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump vs Planet Earth
On 2017-06-01 Trump announced the withdrawal of the USA from the Paris Climate Change Accord. The USA is the only major country that does not belong to it. According to Environment Canada, climate change is second only to nuclear war as a planetary peril. Mad Trump has declared ecological war on the entire planet including his own country. Oddly, Trump did not deny climate change was real and dangerous, only that it was economically advantageous for the USA to renege and leave the heavy lifting to everyone else. Morally, this is analogous to refusing to pay your share of a group meal at a restaurant.
How should the rest of us respond?
- Stop all trade with the USA, both imports and exports, as far as humanly possible.
- Kick the USA out of NATO.
- Terminate all treaties including military arrangements with the USA.
- Kick out the American ambassadors.
- Pressure other countries that do not join the boycott with boycotts.
I don’t think Trump has any idea what a hostile act that is to the rest of the planet. There are many countries that will disappear altogether under the waves. China, India and Pakistan will lose most of their arable and habitable lands. I see no reason they would take that lying down. I think the USA should expect terrorism coming from all quarters. I think the terrorist game, when played by large national states, will escalate to dirty bombs and nukes. Trump will damn well deserve what happens to the USA. Trump will not be able to track the culprits because every nation on earth will want the USA annihilated.
Floridians are already on the verge of uncontrollable flooding. They were idiots to vote for Trump. Their real estate will soon be worthless. They fully deserved that fate.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump, The Ignoramus
Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA, Rick Perry as head of the DOE and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist are all climate change deniers. Trump proved the depth of his ignorance by confusing climate and weather.
Because of his position, Trump is much more dangerous that Hitler. Hitler could never have wiped out all life on earth.
We have to stop Trump. In this situation, it morally imperative to take the gloves off and cheat if necessary. What he is doing is the equivalent of pressing a time-release nuclear button. I would hope the nations of the earth gang up on the USA and ruin them financially to reign these lunatics in.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump, the Scumbag
Trump keeps accusing the FBI of deliberately erasing hundreds of secret emails. Yet he knows when the government switched from iPhone to Samsung, emails were lost. These were just routine emails. Further, it was not just the FBI that lost emails in the switch. Further the FBI recovered most of the emails using forensic techniques.
Trump makes quite a deal that Hillary was not under oath for her preliminary interview. That is the custom. Whether you are under oath or not, lying to the FBI is crime so it is a difference without a difference.
Trump lied that Andrew McCabe, the deputy director of the FBI had taken a bribe from Hillary Clinton. The truth is his wife in 2015 took a $467,500 legal contribution from Terry McAuliffe’s political action committee to fund her state senate race in Virginia. He is a registered Republican. Trump demands that everyone investigating him be Republican and also their significant others. In other words, he demands bias in his favour.
Trump is insisting that anyone who is not a Trump supporter who investigates him is necessarily biased. In other words he wants to disqualify three quarters of US citizens. The Mafia is not privileged to only be investigated by fellow Mafia. It is natural for crime fighters to despise the criminals they are investigating. What you want to avoid is prejudice. The irony is nearly everyone investigating him is a Republican. The investigating team is already biased in his favour.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump, Student of Hitler
Hitler was open about his theory of propaganda:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- It should be aimed at the uneducated.
- It should appeal to emotion, not reason.
- Truth is completely unimportant.
- You should repeat the same simple messages over and over.
- You should always speak publicly from a rally screaming assent for your message.
Imagine being a little boy with a child rapist father. You just learned the elderly judge believed your Dad and did not believe you because he claimed (without evidence) that you were in cahoots with some European banks to ruin him. That is roughly the despair I feel about Trump winning.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
I see people wringing their hands at the way Trump’s base completely ignore any negative news about him. They seem to think all these people must abandon Trump before we can get rid of him. There is still rule of law. When it is proved Trump has committed serious crimes, he will be removed.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Anti-Trade Policy
Trump wants to raise high tariffs to discourage trade with other countries. Such tariffs discourage imports. They also trigger retaliatory tariffs that discourage exports. Trump wants a buy-American policy. In other words, Americans should earn their living by taking in each others’ laundry.
Why won’t this work? By analogy, imagine a family that refused to have any trade with the outside world. They would produce everything they needed for each other. They would all quit their outside jobs. Why won’t this work?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- There are many things they want, e.g. tropical fruits, that they can’t make within the family.
- You can’t get any decent mass production going when the total market is no more than 3 items.
- They would have to go without products that require specialised knowledge or equipment to make.
- If something goes wrong with the one person who handles in-house production, they can’t buy replacement food or goods elsewhere.
- They can’t specialise. They have to make a little of everything. The goods are thus more expensive in terms of labour and are lower quality. For example, Japanese and German cameras prices will soar.
For people who hate Trump, the puzzle is why would anyone vote for a guy with all the charm of Hitler but without the intelligence. I think it is this. Trump is a bully. He picks on all manner of people, using his fame, money and microphone to belittle others.
It is much the same appeal of watching Simon Cowell humiliating contestants on American Idol. Even if you are an uneducated white guy who screws his sister, you can still feel superior to Trump’s latest scapegoat, and feel good about yourself.
Trump’s undoing will be insulting too broadly. If he starts insulting Appalachians, southerners, people without swimming pools, people who pay taxes, people with small penises… His supporters won’t put up with being targeted. Trump perfected this bullying as entertainment on The Apprentice show.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Americans are prone to bumping off their presidents, but I suspect Trump will be taken out by a professional team from some other country.
It will be pretty easy to do. Trump loves appearing in front of large crowds. Canadian snipers can pick off targets from 2.48 km (1.54 miles) away. Presumably, classified weapons can do even better. Bombs can be hidden in venues long in advance hidden deep in heating ducts. His orange head makes him stand out from a crowd.
Trump has advertised himself as a bigger threat to the planet than even Hitler was. Forget the economic and ecological threats. Forget the promised bullying.
He said I love war, including nuclear war. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? He has said he wants to start a nuclear war intended as simply a way to bully other countries. He does not understand how dangerous a strategy that is.
He is a climate change denier and he has appointed fellow climate change deniers to his cabinet. He wants to stop all work on climate change and environmental protection. He wants to dismantle the EPA. He wants to ban all climate change research (similar to Canada’s Stephen Harper). The problem is doing this will tip the planet over the edge. Nobody will be able to bring it back. The world will become uninhabitable from runaway climate change.
For these two reasons alone, every country with a secret service assassination team will likely consider it mandatory to take Trump out with no trace of who actually did it. Because of the severity of the threat, collateral damage will be ignored, making the hit easier.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Presidential candidates and presidents are vulnerable to assassination. They expose themselves to large unruly crowds. Americans are reluctant to form a weapon-free bubble around a candidate or president, as they would at an airport. About a third of all American presidents were shot at, if not killed. Bodyguards scan the crowds for trouble, but that is an almost impossible job because:
- Snipers can attack from a huge distance. The Canadian record is 2.48 km (1.54 miles).
- Guns can be disguised as a flashlight, a walking cane, an umbrella, the pole on a campaign sign…
- Guns can be concealed under clothing.
- Suicide bombers.
- Contact poisons delivered with a handshake.
- I have often wondered why bombs, chemical weapons and bioweapons are not hidden deep in heating ducts weeks in advance to be triggered by cellphone call.
- All the methods used by professional spies.
Given how many rallies the candidates attended, it is a bloody miracle nobody attacked them.
However, given that Trump intends to destroy planet earth with his climate change denial or with a nuclear war, every country’s spy agency has to start thinking about how to assassinate him. Getting on with climate change now is absolutely crucial. It will be too late for a subsequent president to stop runaway climate change. The world cannot afford to wait for Trump’s term to end.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump told us that Hillary was a monster in bed with the banks. He was a new broom to sweep away the corruption. However, one of his first announcements was he wanted to repeal the Dodd-Frank act which protected the public from banks and stopped the banks from recklessly gambling then coming hat in hand to the public when they lost. So it turned out Trump was even more in bed with the banks than Hillary was. Who would have guessed? A fat cat in league with other fat cats.
Carrier Corp. is cutting 1,400 manufacturing jobs in Indianapolis and moving 2,100 jobs to Mexico in 2019. Trump promised the workers to stop this with his amazing powers of persuasion alone. As usual Trump, overestimated his superpowers. He had zero effect.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Betrayal of the Right
During the election, Trump supporters told me they did not care if he was a racist, a rapist, a obsessive pussy grabber, a con man, a fraudster or a compulsive liar. All that mattered was he was going to make life miserable for Mexicans, Muslims, gays and Jews, that he was going to drain the swamp, that he was going to force corporations to stop exporting jobs and that he was never politically correct when he spoke.
He is not yet even president and he has backed off on his wall and locking out all Muslims. He has hired only insiders from Wall Street and corporations to his cabinet. This is far more insider influence than Obama’s cabinet had.
Trump lied about keeping all the Carrier jobs in the USA. Most of the jobs he took credit for saving are still leaving. Trump also took credit for jobs not scheduled to leave anyway. He is a compulsive liar. Expecting him to save jobs is utterly naïve.
He can’t very well hold jobs in the USA. To do it, he would have to pay corporations more money than they would make by exporting the jobs. That is a huge amount of money the treasury does not have. Money to hold a job has to come primarily from the taxes of that jobholder. It cannot be many times his taxes. Keeping jobs in the USA will drastically increase the cost of American-manufactured goods. America will not be able to sell goods on the global market. Further, American protectionist tariffs which generate counter tariffs. America will be at a double disadvantage selling to the world. If Trump is not careful, corporations will leave the USA altogether if it becomes more profitable. If Trump’s plan were practical, hundreds of politicians in dozens of countries would have already tried it out.
What he really should do is create new high tech jobs where America can successfully compete with other countries then help workers train for them.
Are Trump supporters experiencing buyers’ remorse, or are they still pretending he did not betray them with empty promises? They seem unusually silent.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Business Sense
The key fact to understand about the art of the deal is that both parties must perceive the deal as beneficial to themselves. Otherwise they won’t sign. Yet Trump says he wants to renegotiate NAFTA to favour American workers. In other words, he admits he is going for an unfair deal enforced by threats.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is defending his competence by talking about how fit he was 30 years ago. Nobody is interested in those old lies. The problem is how he has been behaving last week. He is sidestepping the real issue.
He needs to go to Walter Reed Hospital (not that crank who let Trump write his own bill of health) and get a thorough checkout including CAT scans and stress tests.
We need to know if he has had a heart attack or a stroke. We need to know if he is suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s. He needs to release the results publicly. Trump is 1 year, 1 month and 5 days overdue for his annual mental and physical checkup. Claiming to be a stable genius like a bratty 4-year-old proves nothing. The longer he stalls, the more obvious it is he is hiding something.
We don’t want the president keeling over with a heart attack in the middle of a nuclear exchange. With his no-exercise life style, McDonald’s diet, excess 22.68 kg (50 lbs) he is begging for a stroke or heart attack. He needs those army doctors to read him the riot act.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
This latest revelation about Hillary’s emails is not a scandal, not even a story. Trump said the latest batch of Hillary’s emails were the greatest scandal since Watergate. What is this scandal? Hillary sent her aide, Huma Abedin, some emails which the FBI found on her computer that Abedin shared with her husband, Anthony Weiner, yes, Mr. Sexting. Nobody even looked at the emails to see if they contain anything embarrassing.
Trump is like a child who glances an envelope under the Christmas tree, then declares I am 110% certain. I have absolute proof, that this envelope is for me and it contains a pony certificate. Trump is not just counting his chickens before they hatch, he is counting them before they are even laid. He is a big fat liar trying to trick the public into thinking that sending an email is the crime of the century. He is banking on fooling the technopeasants. This man has no shame. Just as bad are the many Trump supporters who pretend to believe him.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Climate Change Lie
Trump tells a lie without any evidence that the Chinese invented climate change as a hoax to harm the USA. How plausible is this lie?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Scientists from every country on earth say Trump’s hoax is nonsense. Why would they all be complicit with a Chinese conspiracy?
- According to Trump, given that all scientist must be in on the hoax, why has there not been even one whistleblower been willing to reveal documents?
- It is not just climate scientists, but scientists in general who have read the research papers and declared them valid. By Trump’s logic, they too must be in on the conspiracy. Also their assistants, the staff of all the science magazines, the science bloggers… all must be in on the conspiracy. This would be the first such planetary conspiracy in history. The famous Piltdown man conspiracy had no more than three crooks.
- Global warming is not rocket science. Back in the 1800s the famous Swedish chemist Svante Arrhenius discovered the mathematical formula for how much the global temperature rises with a given release of CO₂. When did his discovery become controversial? Does Trump claim Arrhenius too was in on the Chinese conspiracy?
- Trump believes the earth as a whole is not warming, even though he has never taken the necessary thousands of measurements all over the globe over time to average. As proof, his friend Senator James Inhofe displayed a snowball. Inhofe is befuddled by the difference between local weather and global climate. In 2016-11 scientists measured the temperature of the arctic. It was 20°C (36°F) above normal. Imagine if you walked into your back yard today and it was 20°C (36°F) hotter than normal. That is the difference between freezing and short-sleeve shirt weather.
- Businessmen believe in climate change. They are busily arranging cruises through the newly ice-free arctic waters.
- Some climate change deniers accept that CO₂ levels are rapidly rising and that it is causing the whole world to heat up, but they deny the source is man. They posit some mysterious source. But we know to three decimal places just how much CO₂ is emitted when you burn 1 litre (1.06 US quarts) of gasoline or burn 1 cubic metre (1.31 cubic yards) of natural gas. We have historical financial records of fuel sales. We know that we have burned a shitload of fossil fuel (about half the world supply) and thus released a shitload of CO₂, quite enough to kick the shit out of the climate. What Trump is doing like having a diarrhoea attack, leaving it for others to clean up, then trying to blame an invisible canary.
- When Trump talked about climate change during the election, it became clear he did not know the difference between climate and weather. If he is that clueless about things even a second grader understands, his understanding of his alleged hoax is surely just as addled.
- Why would the Chinese let Trump in on their conspiracy?
- We have been directly measuring CO₂ levels since 1950. We can go back 400,000 years before that by measuring bubbles in ice cores. Today’s levels are higher than they ever been before. Climate change deniers reject these measurements including ones made long before the hoax was allegedly hatched. Yet the deniers offer no better measurements or an explanation why every measurement ever taken was wrong. They trust you will not look at their argument too closely.
- We have been directly measuring temperature at various spots on the globe for centuries. Even Thomas Jefferson kept meticulous temperature records. By averaging the spot measurements over the year at various places on the globe we can compute the average global temperature. The average can rise even when some spots are unusually cold. Today we have satellites to help gather readings especially over the ocean. Climate change deniers reject these measurements, including ones made long before the hoax was allegedly hatched. Yet the deniers offer no better measurements or an explanation why every measurement ever taken was wrong. They trust you will not look at their argument too closely. The warming is so pronounced that lay people can now notice it as plants and animals migrate north over the years. They can also notice the trees and plants blooming earlier each year and the birds returning earlier each year.
- Climate change is very basic science. Predicting exactly how it will progress is rocket science, but that is happening and that this a bad thing is pretty darn simple. The main extra thing you need to know is there is more than one greenhouse gas. Methane (cow farts) CH₄ is 25 times more potent than CO₂. Livestock are thus creating about 20% of the climate change problem.
Trump’s Conspiracy Theory
Talking heads merely say you should not believe Trump’s conspiracy theory about a rigged election, but not why it is nuts.
Imagine a person who never changed his underwear, who constantly interrupted others, who railed against science, who stole, who swindled, who was a bigot, who was selfish to an unbelievable degree… He claimed that everyone was biased against him. What was actually happening is people judged him fairly and found him wanting. That is similar to why so many people in the media dislike Trump. They aren’t commanded to hate him. They do it naturally.
Of course the whole Democratic machine is conspiring against him. They put out ads mocking him. They are supposed to. If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
But Trump is claiming the very voting process is rigged, that voter fraud is widespread. It has been refined over the years to make fraud extremely difficult. There were only 31 cases of fraud in a billion votes cast, nowhere near enough to steal an election. One of the big improvements was disconnecting the voting machines from the Internet. Trump’s conspiracy is of epic size and requires unprecedented levels of international co-operation. It includes Hillary and Bill Clinton, the Bush family, all media, the FBI, the bipartisan agencies in each state and county that run the election, the world’s banks and the large American corporations.
Trump is fighting with his own party. 235 distinguished scientists have denounced him. He confessed on tape to being a habitual sexual predator. 21 women are accusing him of sexual assault. Katie Johnson is taking him to court in 2016-12 for rape when she was 13 years old. The RNC (Republican National Committee) is withholding funding. His campaign is falling apart. His poll numbers are just what you would expect. If they were above Hillary’s, that’s when you should suspect fraud.
Trump may well be clinically paranoid. On the other hand, Trump may simply be lying, preparing excuses for when he loses. He has such an ego, he always finds a way to deny failure.
Trump strategists claim the lie is intended to suppress the black and millennial vote for Hillary. Oddly, they are counting on more of Hillary’s voters believing the lie that Trump’s voters.
If Trump improves in the polls, you can be sure Trump will forget his grand conspiracy, and tell everyone now to trust the polls again. It will be amusing to see what lie he comes up with for the sudden collapse of this conspiracy of conspiracies.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump defended himself by claiming his victims were not beautiful enough to assault. He apparently has very high standards. His victims include Miss Finland, Miss Utah, Miss Teen USA, Miss New Hampshire, Miss Washington and a porn star. I don’t believe him. If you go on a jury, the judge will tell you to presume everything a witness says is a lie, if you catch him lying about anything.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The funny thing about Trump is his excuses always involve claiming everyone else but him is lying, even though he has no evidence they lied and he can offer no motive why they would lie.
He always says Take my word over everyone else’s even though I am a compulsive liar and those I accuse of lying have a reputation for telling the truth.
Oddly his base fall for this over and over and over.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Fatal Flaw
Trump is in love with his intuition. It never occurs to him he could be wrong. He ignores advice from others. He is impulsive. This is setting him up for some monumental mistakes.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Even before he was inaugurated, Trump did a 180 degree flip on the issue of letting lobbyists, insiders and special interests run the white house. During the election campaign he bellowed Drain the swamp. But now he has selected nothing but lobbyists, insiders and special interests for his cabinet. He does not even have some token fresh blood. He excused the flip flop by saying I need lobbyists because they know the system. In Washington everyone is a lobbyist.. I can’t think of any other politician who lied to and conned his supporters more than Trump. He has flip-flopped on all his major campaign promises:
- Get rid of lobbyists, insiders and special interests. He put nothing but into his cabinet. Trump laughs at conflict of interest. Oddly the law lets him use his office for personal gain, selling pay for play, and he plans to milk it for all it is worth.
- Build a wall.
- Bar all Muslims from entering the USA.
- Lock up Hillary without due process.
I am relieved he reneged on his last three major promises, but I am disgusted he has put together a corrupt cabinet the like of which has not been seen since the 1920s.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Hacking Intuition
Trump’s conceit is unbelievable. Trump has zero evidence about Russia’s hacking. He even refuses to attend his daily security briefings, but in his addled mind, his intuition overrides the experts in 17 security agencies. It is not as though he is the retired head of the CIA with decades of experience. He is a complete novice when it comes to hacking even though he falsely claims to be an expert. He is delusional. He must be removed from taking office.
You use intuition when you have nothing better. You use intuition where the evidence is inconclusive. You use intuition to trigger a double check. You use intuition when the consequences of being wrong are light. You do not use intuition to run a country by the seat of your pants.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Keep an eye out for Trump’s hair in the news. It changes colour daily from white, to brown, to caramel, to sunflower yellow to orange and various shades in between. Sometimes it is two tone. The dye job is so incompetent, it looks as though he does it himself, perhaps imagining no one would guess the colour is a dye. It suggests he is ridiculously vain. He picks outrageous colours, much as a wrestler or stripper would, just to attract attention.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Hair Colour
I have seen photos of Trump’hair in many different shades: white, silver, pale blond, dark blond, yellow, orange… I have never seen any discussion of this. Granted it is trivial, but usually everything Trump is news.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Every day for lunch, Trump has a Big Mac, Filet of Fish, fries and a shake. (I once ordered a milkshake at McDonalds. They politely told me they did not sell them and offered a shake instead. They did not know what was in it.) This is considerably more heart-hostile that Bill Clinton’s diet. Clinton ended up with quadruple bypass surgery. We can only hope.Trump explained his eccentric theory of exercise. You are born with a fixed quota of energy. Every time you exercise, you use some of it up. When the energy tank is empty, you die. Therefore you must avoid even the mildest exercise. Trump has a man drive him around in a cart to avoid exercise when golfing. Using this theory, Trump has managed to pack on an extra 22.68 kg (50 lbs).
Trump’s doctor lied that Trump was the healthiest man he had ever seen.
I suppose Trump has the right to commit suicide by lifestyle, but he does not have the right to preach his techniques to America’s youth.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump holds some eccentric (and false) ideas about health. He believes that exercise is harmful. He believes that you can eat two big Macs, two fish fillets, and a chocolate shake every day for lunch without consequences. He lies about his health. But the point is, he is in serious danger from clogged arteries. He will likely die of a heart attack within three years. Trump’s stubbornness and selfishness will take him out in a way impeachment could not.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump wrote a letter bragging in his inimitable fashion about his amazing health, with no medical information, and pressured his doctor, who looked a lot like a homeless person, into signing it.
Trump makes no secret he is a greasy food addict. It is obvious he is pudgy, overweight and never exercises. He has a volatile temper. He stresses himself with paranoid delusions. The American public swallowed the letter at face value. We have not had such an unfit presidential candidate in many years. He could easily die in office. We have seen him fade in debates. He is getting old. He has not taken care of himself.
A physical from army physicians should be mandatory for all potential presidents and vice presidents.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has called for drastically increasing the number of nuclear weapons. He already has more than enough to kill everyone on earth many times over. More weapons will just increase the odds of theft by terrorists or accident. Trump is stark raving bonkers. He said I love war, including nuclear war. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? Unless someone takes him out soon, he will take us all out. Leaving him in office is like putting Dr. Strangelove in charge. All he needs is a German accent.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Job Creation Plan
Trump has some very strange ideas on how to create jobs:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Tear up all the trade agreements. That will put a big dent in jobs that depend on export sales.
- Fire all the teachers.
- Fire all the scientists.
- Fire bureaucrats.
- Repeal safety and labour legislation so employers can turn good-paying jobs into minimum wage ones.
- Create incentives for manufacturing jobs, when the plants no longer exist. Trump would be out of office by the time they were rebuilt.
Ordinary citizens suspected of a crime get no say in who prosecutes them. It would be a crime if they tried to influence that choice.
Trump has chosen his own prosecutor twice, first Comey then Mueller. He is threatening to do it yet again. This is the sort of thing that happens in a dictatorship. The US system is so partisan, the Republicans refuse to discipline Trump no matter how outrageous his behaviour. It is so corrupt.
Trump does not understand the independence of the judiciary. He imagines himself king who can have anyone he wants prosecuted for imaginary crimes (e.g. Hillary) or set free (Flynn) if he so chooses.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
You can put Trump’s lies into two categories:
- Promises to do something he has no intention of doing.
- Everything else.
Trump is a master liar. His followers will believe his lies over truth from someone else, no matter what the evidence. However, when Trump promises to do something then reneges, even his followers have to notice that. He can’t fast-talk his way out. Eventually that pile of broken promises will get too big even for his supporters.
Further, if Trump blames others for his inability to deliver, his democracy-hating supporters will stop seeing him as a Putin-like strong man and his support will erode.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Lucky for Trump, the Christian church has softened up the populace into believing the most outrageous lies.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Putin hacked Hillary’s computer and the DNC computer, created propaganda and presumably did few other favours to rig the election for Trump. Putin is the worlds richest man, and the Citizens United supreme court decision opened the doors for him to buy the election. Just what would Putin ask of Trump in return?
- Lift the sanctions. Trump has already announced he plans to do this.
- Pull out of NATO. Trump already announced he will do this, then claimed to have changed his mind.
- Destroy the education system so the USA could no longer compete technologically. Trumps utterly incompetent choice of education secretary, Betsy DeVos, makes clear that is his intent.
- Bankrupt the USA. Trump is removing the legislation to stop another bank meltdown. The country will be on the hook for future $24 trillion bailouts. Trump has announced he wants to burn trillions of dollars on nuclear weapons, weapons that will never be used.
- Tear up its trade agreements. The USA plans to withdraw from world trade and forgo its source of wealth.
- Withdraw from its empire. Gradually close down its thousand military bases. It will no longer be able to force countries to give up their resources, goods and services for pennies on the dollar as it did since WWII (World War II).
America closing down its empire will leave the world open for the Putin world empire.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Muslim Ban
The constitution is full of rules saying you cannot discriminate on religious grounds. What Trump is doing violates that spirit.
Any self-respecting terrorist will come as a tourist or even better smuggle his way in under the radar. Terrorists are not going to voluntarily subject themselves to the extensive scrutiny a refugee endures.
Trump’s ban is a solution for a non-existent problem. Far more people die of gun violence, bathtub accidents, swimming pools, car accidents, obesity, heart attacks, diabetes, etc. but these real problems get only a minute fraction of the budget as imaginary refugee terrorists.
These terrorists are like the fake villain Emmanuel Goldstein in George Orwell’s 1984 that Trump uses to whip the public into a frenzy and willingly hand over their freedoms.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Muslim Ban
Since 1975, there have been 0 Americans killed by terrorists from Trump’s banned Muslim countries. So it is not a big problem. The ban does not justify all that disruption. Oddly, Trump did not ban Saudis, where the 9-11 terrorists hailed from. He also did not ban countries where Trump Industries does business. So, it is pretty clear. This is not about deterring terrorism. It is about harassing Muslims because Trump’s bigoted supporters, particularly Steve Bannon, get off on it, whether it is constitutional or not.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
When a psychopath like Trump thinks about the law, he asks himself What loopholes exist that will let me hurt or take advantage of someone without getting in trouble? What laws can I break to take advantage of people or seek revenge on them with low risk of prosecution? Trump explain he seeks revenge on anyone who does not support him, anyone who refuses to do him a favour.
A sane human thinks quite differently. He wonders what behaviour would be fair and ethical.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump and Hillary had a televised debate. Hillary arrived at the last minute, presumably because she had to pee. Trump went on and an on about how disgusting it was for him to contemplate Hillary peeing. Everyone pees many times a day. Trump is crazy if this disturb him so. He has had 71 years to get used to the idea that people pee. This objection is a strange thing from a man who paid three hookers to pee on his bed.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is out of his tree. Just because he has some paranoid thoughts does not mean someone is spying on him. If he is concerned, let him order a bug sweep. If they find a bug, only then is there evidence of spying. But that is still is no evidence Obama had anything to do with it. Accusing without evidence is the way witch trials were conducted. Trump is out of his mind. He should be jailed for making false pulled-out-of-his ass accusations.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump lies nearly all the time. He is not an artful liar. He lies as transparently as a four-year-old. Why does anyone ever believe him, especially when you consider his record of outrageous flaming lies like the birther conspiracy? I might have an answer. I was watching a series from HBO (Home Box Office) called True Blood about vampires living in the south eastern USA. Vampires have an ability to glamur their victims. They stare at their victims hypnotically, tell them what to believe, and they are powerless to resist. You may have noticed that Trump always repeats himself three times, just like a stage hypnotist.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has destroyed the Republican party. How?
- Alienated Hispanics, women, gays, Muslims, immigrants…
- Sowed discord within the party.
- Associated Republicanism with bigotry.
- Firmly associated the Republican party with climate change denial.
- Disrespected dead soldiers, the ultimate American sin.
What if Trump did all this with malice aforethought? Consider he once made huge donations to Hillary Clinton.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Plan to Bankrupt America
Trump is gradually revealing his plan to bankrupt America.
- $3 trillion tax cut for the 1% richest Americans.
- The corporate income tax rate is currently 35%. Trump said we’re trying to get it down to anywhere between 15 to 20%. According to Forbes magazine, 90% of corporations currently pay no income tax.
- $1 trillion given to Wall street to rebuild infrastructure.
- $54 billion for the military earmarked for more nukes. Given that the USA spends more than everyone else put together on the military, it seems no increase is called for at this time. For decades the world has been reducing the stockpile of nukes to reduce the danger of accidental firing. Now Trump is trying to restart the arms race, for no advantage to the USA.
- 20% import tax on anything originating outside the USA. Prices on imported goods will rise by 20% to encourage buying American. Just prior to the great depression, the USA instituted similar trade-reducing tariffs. Reducing trade reduces prosperity.
How will all these expenditures be financed?
- Increasing the public debt.
- Cutting programs to the poor, elderly, sick and disabled.
- Increasing taxes on the middle and lower classes.
- Cutting regulation, e.g. climate change, preventing pollution, construction safety, railroad safety, meat inspection, food inspection, aeroplane inspection, the Coast Guard, dam safety, bridge safety, sewer inspections…
- Pretty much anything the federal government does now e.g. schools, universities, air traffic control, search and rescue, courts, marine navigation, farm subsidies…
- Very likely the replacement for Obamacare will be much more expensive for the individual and less expensive for the government.
Why would Trump try to bankrupt his own country?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He is in cahoots with Putin. Putin wants a turn being the world superpower. Putin may have photos of Trump performing illegal or embarrassing sexual acts. Trump would happily sell out his country to avoid an assault to his ego. Trump owes Putin for stealing the election. With bankruptcy, Trump is making the USA step down as a superpower.
- Trump has bragged many times that he made the most money from companies he drove into bankruptcy, by stripping them of their assets first. Perhaps he plans to make trillions for himself on the bankruptcy of the USA.
- Perhaps Trump imagines he can screw America’s creditors with a bankruptcy and offering its creditors pennies on the dollar. He should study what happened to Greece and Argentina about just how ruthless creditors can be. Perhaps he plans to threaten nuclear annihilation if they do not accept his deal.
Trump has the legal power to launch an illegal first nuclear strike war against anyone, on a whim, with a moment’s notice. It is his decision alone. Trump is far too erratic to trust with that power. It highly irresponsible to leave this solipsist in power.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is such an arrogant bully, such a vindictive piece of slime, so perfectly selfish, so utterly with morals. It will be so good to see him suffer, long and hard. I don’t even have such contempt for serial killers.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Think of all the negative things you know about Trump:
- 21 women accused Trump of sexual assault.
- He scammed the students at Trump University.
- He colluded with the Russians to hack the elections in return for removing the sanctions.
- He withdrew from the Paris Climate change agreement.
- He banned Muslims from entering the country, contrary to the constitution.
- He tried to take health care away leaving people to die.
- He lied about Obama’s birth certificate.
- He falsely accused Obama of wiretapping him.
- He committed obstruction of justice to stop an investigation of his crimes.
- He went bankrupt 6 times, and made off with millions each time, leaving investors holding the bag.
- He put Ms. De Vos in change of the department of education. She is an advocate of abandoning public education and leaving private Christian education for the elite.
- He promised to drain the swamp, but he appointed multiple Goldman Sachs employees. He appointed Rex Tillerman (head of Exxon-Mobil) as secretary of state.
- He promised to release his tax returns before he took office, then reneged on the promise.
- He refused to allow reporters to film and record news conferences.
- He plans to give the biggest tax cut in history to the richest people.
Think how much more rotten stuff you don’t yet know.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The presidency is surely not what Trump anticipated.
- People throw virtual vegetables at him 24/7.
- He has no power. Congress and the courts thwart him at every turn.
- He is accused of treason, colluding with the Russians to hack the presidential election. He could end up in jail.
- It is a lot more work than he thought.
- Hundreds of people are prying into his life looking for dirt.
He is not getting the strokes he wanted. When he stops to think about it, this is not fun for #1. He should resign.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump did not like his older brother Fred Jr. So he managed to entirely cut him out of his father’s will. Then he reneged on his promise to provide Fred Jr.’s children with medical care. Without any care at all, his nephew’s child died.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump has done so many things to sabotage his campaign, I wonder what his motive is. Some of the things he has done include:
- Alienating large voting blocks, Hispanics, gays, Muslims, blacks, women, immigrants…
- Refusing to apologise for the Access Hollywood tape, choosing instead to brush off what he said as boy talk.
- Ignoring the advice of his seasoned advisors.
- Refusing to prepare for his debates.
- Claiming he did not say things when he knows perfectly well he said them on tape.
- Calling the people who turned out to his rally stupid.
- Going to war with his own party. That is biting the hand that feeds him.
- Telling people the whole voting system is rigged so there is not point in voting.
- Killing puppies in his campaign ads. (Just kidding. He has not yet resorted to that).
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump has undiagnosed brain chemistry problems. He is clearly paranoid, delusional, has delusions of grandeur and suffers from massive narcissism.
- Putin put him up to it to discredit American democracy. Trump keeps promoting dictatorships as better than Democracies.
- Hillary put him up to it. He used to be a big Hillary donor. He used to be pro life and pro war.
- Like many wealthy people, he is a cocaine addict.
- Trump is a spoiled brat. Whatever he impulsively wants, he does without thinking. This is the side effect of being born with a gold spoon up his nose.
- He is lazy. He wants the adulation of being a candidate, but he is in no way prepared to put in the hard work of being president.
- Trump entered the Republican primary just to polish his brand. He never dreamed he would become the Republican candidate. He is trying to figure out how to get out if it without too badly tarnishing his brand (which has been badly tanking).
- Vanity. He wants to take the entire Republican party (house and senate) down with him so that he will not shoulder all the blame.
Trump’s Sadistic Sons
Donald Trump has two adult sons — Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump. They entertain themselves by going to Africa and shooting animals such as elephants, water buffaloes, cheetahs, wart hogs, blackbuck antelopes, ibexes, crocodiles… Then they photograph and discard the corpses. Elephants and cheetahs are endangered species. Further, elephants have brains larger than humans. In North America they shoot foxes, deer, raccoons, caribou, turkeys, mountain sheep…
The Trump brothers excuse their sadistic behaviour saying it is legal, and nothing more should be expected of them. Their father has flagrantly broken the law hundreds of times. He is guilty of gang rapeof a 13-year old virgin. He confessed to being a serial pussy grabber. 21 women have accused him of sexual assault. He lost his court case over defrauding the students of Trump university. He routinely rips off anyone he hires. He colluded with Vladimir Putin to steal the 2016 election. He slandered Obama and Clinton with his ridiculous birther conspiracy. Politifacts discovered 75% of what comes out of his mouth is a lie. In his way of thinking, any cheating or illegality is fine, so long as you can get away with it. No wonder the boys have such a weak sense of morality. They are a step up above their father.Donald Jr. & Eric Trump’s Sick Hobby Of Collecting Trophies
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump is trying to claim both Putin meddled in the 2016 US presidential election and Putin did not meddle. He could legitimately claim he is unsure or there is conflicting evidence, but to claim both are true is insane.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
It is baffling to those on the left that Trump supporters do not care that he:
- is a racist.
- sexually assaulted many women including raping teenage girls.
- is an extreme narcissist.
- defrauded students out of tens of thousands of dollars at Trump university.
- Is a boor.
- ripped off creditors with fake bankruptcies six times.
- was convicted of money laundering.
- colluded with the Russians to steal an election.
- falsely accuses people of crimes without any evidence, eg. Obama of faking his birth certificate and wiretapping him.
- is a compulsive liar.
- paid Russian hookers to pee on him.
- inappropriately touched his daughter Ivanka.
- he is incompetent as an administrator.
- cannot speak a coherent English sentence.
- exhibits many signs of Alzheimer’s.
They like him because of these traits. He is like a popular pirate. He is like Bonnie and Clyde. They like him because:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He is racist and white supremacist.
- He simultaneously wants to withdraw America from world affairs and to be a bigger international bully.
- He promises prosperity by taking from the poor.
- He is a homophobe. He likes to torment transsexuals for no reason.
- He flouts all the rules of decent behaviour.
- His supporters identify with the rebel in him
- He is an idiot, like his supporters,
- He pretends to be a Christian, but extols greed and selfishness.
- He has garish, kitschy taste. He loves to flaunt his wealth and pretend to be wealthier than he is.
- He lies constantly without guilt or apology.
- He likes to fart in elevators.
- He mocks political correctness and empathy.
- He cheats others without guilt.
- He never apologises or admits he was wrong.
- He is absurdly boastful.
- He shamelessly milks the office for every dollar.
Obviously Trump’s decrees and the appalling things he says and does are far more important than his tics, but I still find them maddening.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- The way he gestures with his fingers as if he were doing some sign language for the mentally challenged. His motions, pointing, circled forefinger and thumb, and hand held flat have no correlation to what he is saying. He flicks his fingers about like a cod in the bottom of a boat. It is as though he were trying to distract you from some magic trick.
- The way he compulsively repeats everything he says three times.
- The way he pushes his lips forward into a little tube, as if he were about to gingerly kiss a skunk’s anus.
- The way he so frequently changes his hair and skin colour.
- The way he touches people without permission. He just assumes he has permission because he is the Donald.
- He always says the gays, the women, the blacks, the Muslims in order to distance and disparage them.
- He mispronounces so many words, most famously huge that he sounds like an entry-level Mafioso.
- The way he compulsively digresses to brag about himself, even when it has absolutely nothing to do with what he was talking about.
- The way he jabbers so much. I am just sick of him dominating the news and the Internet. He should keep his trivia and personal business to himself.
Trump likes to brag how he screwed the investors and banks he borrowed money from by draining his corporations dry of assets, then declaring bankruptcy. This has Robin Hood appeal to Trump supporters, but he remains silent about the way he nearly always stiffs the small contractors he hires, forcing them to sue him, then settle for ten cents on the dollar. Trump gets the most pleasure from squashing the powerless. He has no empathy.
Until a judge stopped him, Trump refused to provide medical coverage for his severely-ill disinherited infant nephew. He explained What else could I do. I wanted the money.
It is so bizarre that his supporters see him as champion of the little guy, even when he told them his planned massive tax cuts were for the most wealthy only. The little guy will be stuck with increased taxes to pay for his massive military and infrastructure spending.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Victory Speech
Trump called for unity. What a joke after a campaign where he non-stop lied ever more poisonous baseless lies about his opponents. Instead of another call for slashing government spending, he called for massive spending to rebuild infrastructure. Which is the real Trump? He praised his brother Fred. Donald arranged to cut off his nephew’s health care insurance because Fred had the temerity to challenge the parent’s will. He took out his venality on the seriously ill boy in petty vengeance at his father.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump’s Victory Speech
When Trump praised Hillary for years of service to her country I heard Everything I said about Hillary during the campaign was a lie, but I am a winner, and winners always do whatever it takes to win. Sorry about that.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Putin does not like the USA. He would love to see it collapse. His plan to do this is to corrupt Trump and then blackmail him. Is Trump naïve or is Trump a traitor just as keen on the destruction of the USA as Putin is?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Understanding Donald Trump
- Donald Trump used to be a major contributor to the Democratic party.
- Trump has succeeded in creating civil war in the Republican party with camps: the Tea party, Christian fundamentalists, big business, the Republican establishment and the traditional funders such as Adelson and the Koch brothers all at each others’ throats.
- Trump has grossed out nearly everyone with the unprecedented vulgarity and cruelty of his personal insults. He shocked the country by bragging about the size of his penis. The entire Republican party feels embarrassed and ashamed at the behaviour of their slate of presidential candidates. Trump goaded them to drop to his level.
- Internationally, Trump is being compared with Hitler. There is discussion of the need to assassinate him.
- Normally Republicans have a nasty fight, then all get behind the front runner. This time Republicans are vowing not to vote if Trump is the candidate.
- Trump has disrupted any serious debate about policy with his antics.
- Trump is trying to alienate as many voting blocs as possible.
- The Republicans are now 10 points behind the Democrats. It is almost certain the next president will be a Democrat.
The question is why is Trump doing this? Perhaps he is just a natural asshole. Perhaps he is going through a manic phase of a bipolar disorder. Or it could be he is a Democratic mole. He has burrowed into the Republican party with the intent of destroying it.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump wants China, North Korea and Iran to destroy their nuclear weapons. Then Trump could on a whim, level them with nukes, and they would have no retaliation as deterrence. Why would they do such a thing? What’s in it for them? Trump is so self centered he believes others should act for his benefit, for their detriment without any incentive.
Further in his 2003 SOTU speech, Bush promised to annihilate the axis of evil consisting of Iraq, Iran and North Korea. Iraq had no nuclear deterrent. The USA leveled it and took their oil. Iran and North Korea were close to having nukes. The USA backed off. Obviously, nukes are useful for survival. As far as Iran and North Korea are concerned, those promises to annihilate are still outstanding.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Now that Trump has won, the American people will suffer the greatest case of voter remorse since the German people elected Hitler. Why?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- By his own admission in his book The Art Of the Deal, Trump is a liar and blowhard. He made hundreds of promises that he had no intention of keeping. Many of them he cannot keep because they are unconstitutional or because the senate and house will not ratify them. For most of his promises, he has absolutely no idea of what he would have to do keep them. Even before he is inaugurated, he has been reneging on several promises a day (thankfully ones that most enraged the left.)
- Trump is a far worse racist than he let on. He had his casino cleared of blacks any time he or his wife entered. He wants to throw all manner of groups under the bus including: Hispanics, blacks, gays, Muslims, Jews, women… He appeals to the worst desire for scapegoating in the American psyche, just like Hitler.
- Trump has committed crimes: fraud with his Trump University (he paid $25 million in damages to the students he defrauded) 21 counts of sexual assault and gang-rape of Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin. All these crimes are coming home to roost, even before he takes office.
- Anyone who lived through the Cuban missile crisis remembers the terror of Kennedy playing nuclear poker with Khrushchev. Trump has told us he loves doing that. I love war, including nuclear war.. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? He is as nuts as Dr. Strangelove.
- Trump, Pence, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist suffer from a paranoid delusion that all the scientists on earth have conspired to convince governments of the pointless need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Neither of them know even as much as a second grader about science. It could well be, these four are only pretending to be climate change deniers, because they were paid to do so by the Koch brothers in an irresponsible push to squeeze the last dollars out of their sunset fossil fuel investments. The gang of four intend send the earth over the tipping point to extinction where no one can bring it back.
- Trump’s experience is in conning and swindling people. He does not know the first thing about the military, climate change, economics, international relations, science, technology… Nobody is expert in everything, but Trump insists that he is. Trump refuses to take counsel even from his own experts.
Trump is the one who wants the wall. It is to keep out people from Latin and South America. It is of no benefit to Mexico. It is a roadblock to animal migration. Bigots of America should pay for it.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump said he wants to build a wall between the US and Mexico. He is going to force Mexico to pay for it in advance or, failing that, with a huge tariff on imported Mexican goods. He claims this will greatly increase America exports and create American jobs. He also claims this will greatly improve US-Mexican relations. Trump is betraying his complete incompetence of both law and economics:
- International law will not permit Trump to extort money for a wall that benefits only him, not Mexico. What he says he plans to do is no different from stealing more for any other purpose.
- Trump can’t just tear up the NAFTA agreement and start charging tariffs again. That is illegal. He must go through a formal time-consuming process to terminate it. If he were to go rogue and just tear up the agreement, we would destroy American ability to negotiate treaties with anyone.
- The wall goes through ecologically sensitive areas. It would drive many endangered animals extinct. Trump does not care, but his wall would be illegal. It goes through native land. They have vowed to block it. It is far from a done deal.
- After Trump’s tariff is in place, Mexican goods will cost more in the USA. Americans will buy replacement goods from China, Europe, Canada… They will still not tend to buy American goods because they are more expensive than goods from other countries. Wages are much lower in other countries than in America. This tariff will thus produce only a few new jobs in the USA.
- Mexico will certainly counter any tariff with a matching import tariff on US goods. Historically, this is what always happens. Mexicans currently buy a huge amount of American goods. Mexicans will greatly reduce their American purchases (out of emotion, even without the tariff). That means US exports to Mexico will decline (not rise as Trump claims). That in turn means fewer American jobs (not more as Trump claims).
- Trump said of Mexicans They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. Trump has poisoned US-Mexican relations for decades to come. There is no way his insulting and bullying is going to greatly improve relations.
Even grade 8 history students learn this much about tariffs. Trump must have been asleep at the time or more likely, he just can’t stop himself from lying.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Let’s say I wanted a rock wall built along the west side of my property. I talked with my neighbour about sharing the cost. He said, he had no need of the wall, so if I wanted it, I would have to pay for it myself. I took a rifle and told my neighbour, unless he agreed to pay for %100 of the costs, I would steal the amount from him. I would be guilty of extortion and threats.
This is precisely what Trump has done with his Mexican wall. He is committing international crimes. For some reason, most Americans fail to notice.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
War on Islam
Trump is making war on the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims. ISIS has recruited about 25,000 fighters. If the world’s Muslims got it into their heads that Trump was a major danger, the USA would have problem 64,000 times bigger than they have now.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
What a Joke!
Trump bamboozled his supporters into thinking he would clean up Washington and get rid of the undue influence of the fat cats. What was his first act as president elect? letting billionaire Trump donor David Koch select his new head of the EPA, Scott Pruitt, a famous climate change denier, to emasculate the EPA.
Pretending climate change is a hoax will wipe out humanity almost as surely as a nuclear war. Koch doesn’t care. He has only a few more years to live anyway. What counts is squeezing out a tiny bit more profit from his fossil fuel investments.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
What Is Putin Up To?
Why did Putin conspire with Trump to steal the US election, then betray him by collecting footage of his perverse sex practices? Does he like Trump or not? His goal was to discredit American democracy — to make a mockery of it in revenge for having as massive doping scheme exposed. He did this by engineering the election of an utter buffoon, a compulsive liar, a total incompetent, narcissist and moral degenerate. Then he exposed him. America is a world laughing stock. Mission accomplished.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
What Will It Take?
What will it take for Trump’s supporters to abandon him? So far they seem unshockable and willing to forgive anything, even treason.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Tapes of his 20 sexual assaults released and his gang rape of a 13-year old girl. Unfortunately, most of them will just find it titillating.
- The Ivanka daddy sex tape released.
- The Russian hookers pee tape released.
- He burns a flag.
- He forces his cabinet to drink his urine from his penis on camera as a sign of fealty.
- He nukes Israel.
- He calls Dolly Parton an overrated fat pig.
- He says John Wayne was a fag.
- He says it was a good thing that John Lennon was assassinated.
- He makes Islam the official religion of the USA. Other religions will be phased out over the next decade.
- He builds a wall around the USA and will not let anyone in or out like the old East Germany.
- He announces people earning over $1 million a year will be tax free and they will get a subsidy equal to their income, no receipts necessary.
Who is Worse Trump or Hitler?
Surprisingly, Trump is the bigger danger to the planet. Hitler merely wanted to conquer the planet. Trump wants to destroy it. Huh?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump said I love war, including nuclear war. That is just one of his statements indicating he thinks nuclear war is a good tool for bullying his way. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them?
- Trump is a climate change denier and has appointed fellow climate change deniers to key positions in his cabinet. He says he plans to dismantle the EPA and pull out of the Paris climate agreements. He plans to push the planet over the tipping point with CO₂ emissions where nobody will be able to pull it back. Because of Trump, the world will gradually become uninhabitable. Part of why he is doing this is he so desperately wants to be important. Another reason is payback to corporate sponsors.
- Trump is mad, even in little things, like insisting sun suddenly appeared when he strode to the podium, or the crowds out to honour him were an order of magnitude bigger than they were and shattered historical records. He is so craving worship and signs of divine favour, that he creates delusions to enjoy them.
Why Did Trump Win?
The question is not really why did Trump win, but why did such a repulsive, incompetent candidate managed to win even 10% of the vote?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- FBI Directory James Comey broke the law repeatedly leaking information about his investigation of Hillary Clinton. Comey was a colleague of Mr Dirty Tricks, Karl Rove, in the George W. Bush cabinet. Just before the election, he announced a major scandal, (which Trump claimed was bigger than Watergate) when in actuality he had absolutely nothing.
- Without any evidence, Trump lied repeatedly that Hillary was embroiled in all kinds of major scandals. Hillary just ignored him, trusting nobody would believe him. However, his supporters believed every word that he said, even when he changed his positions daily.
- Trump exploited American bigotry against blacks, gays, Muslims, Hispanics and even women. He made bigotry respectable by jeering at anyone concerned with constitutional civil rights as excessively politically correct.
- Trump is loathsome, bigoted, lying and selfish. The average Trump supporter is loathsome, bigoted, lying and selfish. It was a perfect fit.
- Trump exploited the Christian fundamentalists who want to impose their religious superstitions about contraception and abortion on everyone else even if it means death and suffering. The fundamentalists ignored the 21 women accusing him of sexual assault/rape. They believed bullying others on abortion was more important. They hold a completely irrational view about what a blastula is. They treat it as some sort of god-like creature. It is just a small lump of cells. It cannot think. It cannot feel. They insist it be treated with more awe than a newborn.
- Trump discerned what his base wanted, then promised it to them, regardless whether it was possible or constitutional. He has created massive expectations that he will not be able to deliver. The supporters will gradually catch on it was a pack of empty promises.
- Trump used hypnosis.
Why Move To Canada?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump does not run Canada.
- Your savings are worth 34% more.
- Health care in Canada is ⅓ the cost it is in the USA. Further, the outcomes are considerably better. Americans love to brag about their system, but the outcomes are on par with Cuba. In Canada, there are no pre-conditions. There are no gotchas other than expensive experimental treatments are sometimes not covered and there can be a long wait to see certain types of uncommon specialist.
- Canadians are cool with LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual or Queer).
- Canadians take freedom of religion much more seriously than Americans. Christians won’t force you to pray to their god or teach your children about creationism in science class. If you are a Muslim or Hindu, for the most part Canadians will treat you like a fellow human being.
- Both the government and the people are pro-science. Fundamentalist Christians are relatively rare and remarkably well-behaved.
- Canada has meat and food inspection. It has regulation to control how pesticides are used. Trump plans to abandon all such regulations in the USA.
- Canada has mechanical safety inspections of airplanes, trains, cars, ferries, subways… Trump plans to abandon all such regulations in the USA.
- Canada has truth in packaging regulations. Trump plans to abandon all such regulations in the USA.
- In Canada, large projects such as dams, bridges, pipelines… need to go through an environmental approval. Trump plans to abandon all such regulations in the USA.
- The Canadian government at least gives lip service to fighting climate change.
- US companies are opening branch offices in Canada to let their employees move to Canada easily.
- Canada is well wired for high speed Internet. Fibre Internet is available for businesses.
- In Canada, it is still easy to get out in the wilderness where you don’t see another human all day.
why Trump Is In Such Hot Water
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump is a compulsive liar. No one knows what he is going to do next. It is impossible to trust him.
- Trump is 100% selfish. He has no concern for the country as a whole or for the wellbeing of people who do not support him. He has no loyalty and hence no friends or allies.
- He was willing to betray his country to become a puppet of Vladimir Putin.
- He is like a two-year old. He has a tantrum if the universe does not do immediately as he wants. He has no patience for politics.
Why Trump is Unacceptable
Trump must be removed from taking office, by hook or by crook because he does not meet the minimum standards of sanity. Why?
- Trump said I love war, including nuclear war. Only a mental patient would say something like that. He said What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them? Americans are about to give him the nuclear codes. If we take him at his word, he plans to end life on earth.
- Trump, Pence, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist are fanatical climate change deniers believing without evidence in a wild conspiracy theory involving all scientists on earth. Believing in massive conspiracy theories without any evidence is a type of mental illness. Trump appointed another climate change denier Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA. The earth cannot withstand another four years of inaction on climate change. It will slip over the tipping point. Thereafter, nothing anyone can do will be able to stop the gradual, inevitable slide into oblivion.
You simply cannot mess around the with the fate of vertebrate life on earth. Trump is far more dangerous than Hitler. Hitler did not have the tools to end life on earth. All he could do was kill millions of people and make them speak German. With a press of a button, Trump will kill off 7.601 billion people and all the species in your kids’ picture books.
Trump said I can save you without some silly cross.. Surely that is an indication of an extreme delusion of grandeur. The catch is with nukes, Trump can destroy the earth, just as Jesus is reputed planning to do. Trump is so manic, he does not even have the sense to keep such bizarre ideas to himself.
Trump huger than Jesus
In the middle of the campaign, Trump took a week out to feud with a Argentinian reality TV star. He has the attention span of a two year old. That is not sufficient for a president.
On an emotional level, Trump is repulsive. He is the crassest person I have ever encountered. He tells the biggest lies most often, he has been charged with paedophilic gang rape, he is a bigot, but that is nowhere near sufficient reason to reject the legitimacy of his presidency. However, his mad twin plans to end life on earth are sufficient.
Democracy depends on the people accepting the results of elections, no matter what sort of rotter is elected. This was why Trump’s assertion he would not accept the election unless he won caused such a stir. However, for Trump himself, I think we need to make at exception. Hearing the nuclear attack sirens, we will feel so naïve for letting his madness pass.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Why Was Comey Fired?
When Trump fired Comey on 2017-05-10, it was only the second time the director of the FBI had been fired in US history. The previous time, the director, William Sessions, had repeatedly used public money for personal uses. Trump floated a number of different reasons for the firing, coming up with a new one each time it was clear a previous one would not fly:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Comey had treated Hillary unfairly in the email scandal. However Trump and Sessions were on tape lauding Comey for these very actions. They also insisted Hillary be locked up. Not at all plausible. People laughed at this justification.
- Comey was a showboat. He got more attention than Trump, hardly a valid reason for firing, though it is a plausible reason. Trump is exceedingly petty and vain.
- Comey had lost the confidence of FBI workers. Trump could provide no evidence of this and workers came to Comey’s defence.
- The FBI was in chaos. Comey could not manage. This turned out to be a lie. Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, Comey’s boss testified under oath he had never talked to Comey about his poor performance.
- Comey was investigating Russian spy Michael Flynn, Trump’s security advisor, and refused to stop the investigation when Trump asked him to. Bingo. Obstruction of justice. To everyone’s surprise, Trump eventually confessed to this motivation on camera, claiming there was nothing wrong with asking an investigation into his campaign to be squashed.
Republicans have been showing their true colours for decades. They pamper the rich and the corporations. They take from the poor, the working man and the minorities. Why on earth do so many people vote against their self-interest and vote Republican?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
FBI director James Comey releasing WikiLeaks emails was improper. Why?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- According to 17 federal security agencies (including the FBI, CIA, NSA and Homeland Security) the source was the Russians who are trying to influence the election.
- The director of the FBI, James Comey, is a Karl Rove confederate from the Bush White House. He has done a number of illegal things to use his office to influence the election. He is so highly partisan he was willing to risk prison to screw Hillary.
- The emails were not digitally signed or encrypted making them trivially easy to doctor.
- By releasing them, Comey implied they were not doctored, which he has no way of knowing.
- The FBI is not supposed to release evidence except as part of a trial. Comey, with his illegal release of evidence, is bypassing a judge’s ruling on what is admissible, poisoning the jury pool, which could lead to an acquittal.
Will Trump Be Impeached?
Bookies in the UK are offering 4:1 odds that Trump will be impeached within a year, in other words, they and their customers strongly think he will be impeached. But that brings up the question of why would he be impeached?
- For colluding with Putin to subvert the presidential election.
- By refusal to divest his holdings, and as a result accepting money from foreign countries.
- For health reasons, most likely a heart attack. He lives on junk food.
- By one of his 21 sexual assault accusers winning a court case.
- For not being mentally capable of exercising his duties.
- Because the Democrats regain control of the house and senate and they get rid of him on any pretext.
The reasons it is imperative to impeach him as soon as possible are he is a climate change denier and he has said he would enjoy a nuclear war. Either way, he will easily destroy the entire planet.
The Case for Impeachment by Allan J. Lichtman gives the case it will happen soon.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70) Will Trump be impeached?
William Binny is an extreme conspiracy theorist. He was a guest on Alex Jones Infowars. He appeared on Russian Television. He claims the DNC with the help of the US intelligence community hacked itself and used the hacked emails to lose the election. He is beyond crazy. But what is even stranger, Trump asked the head of the CIA to meet with Binny for an hour to learn the details of his conspiracy theory. But even stranger, Mike Pompeo took the meeting.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Winning is Everything
Trump said that if he does not win, it will be the biggest waste of time, energy and money in his lifetime. He does not understand that the opposition are an integral part of democracy. They are supposed to stimulate public policy discussion. They are supposed to find flaws in government policy. Trump does not understand this. He thinks his job is to make up lies to personally smear his opponent in order to win power.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Worse than Hitler
At least Hitler was not a climate change denier.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Worse Than Hitler
A century from now, if there are still significant numbers of people on earth, Trump will have displaced Hitler as the man considered the most evil to ever live on earth. Why? Many times, Trump announced he wants to start a nuclear war, simply because, like a pyromaniac, he loves nuclear war. He is also gung ho on emitting fossil fuel greenhouse gasses at the maximum possible rate, to bring on drastic climate change, and the tipping point of no return, much more quickly than expected.
With that double pronged approach, Trump has a good shot at eliminating life on earth, except for viruses and bacteria. His assaults dwarf Hitler’s and even the asteroid that ended the dinosaurs. The radioactivity will sterilise for centuries after his war.
Hitler telegraphed his plans in a book Mein Kampf. It was just so crazy that people discounted him. He could not be serious but he was. Trump is even crazier. We know Trump is serious because he has already put Scott Pruit an anti-environmentalist in charge of the EPA and announced he plans to disband the EPA entirely in 2018.
It is unfair to compare Hitler and Trump. Over his life, Hitler did much less damage than Trump has announced.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
The Worst President Ever
There are two reasons Trump is unprecedented bad news for the world:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He has said he loves war including nuclear war. He is crazy enough to mean this. He is thin skinned enough to trigger war based on personal insult. He is pathologically vengeful.
- Trump, Pence, Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA and anti-climate science extremist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist are climate change deniers. We are right at the tipping point. Trump can send earth over the edge simply by doing nothing. It was never that critical before.
During the election, Trump said, I love war, including nuclear war. Since he took office, he has been trying to goad Kim Jong Un into nuclear war. He has been trying to sabotage the Iran deal to let them develop nuclear weapons. He has explained many times that risks turn him on.
He asked, What is the point of nuclear weapons if you don’t use them. He does not understand they are intended solely as a deterrent.
If he attacks North Korea as he claims he plans to, he will kill 25 million innocent North Koreans with millions more in collateral damage in surrounding countries. Hitler killed only 6 million in the Holocaust. There is even more moral necessity to take Trump out than there was to take out Hitler.
Trump is crazy as Dr Strangelove.
For some reason, Republicans are still supporting him. Their foolishness could well be rewarded with WWIII. If nukes do not get them, climate change will. Ever increasing cumulative CO₂ levels heat the air, which heats the oceans which power ever more destructive and frequent hurricanes.
At the very least, congress must take away his power to launch a first strike nuclear war. The constitution says that power rests with congress. Congress must reassert it.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Donald Trump accused Hillary Clinton of being so incompetent she would start WWIII. I am more concerned about Mr. Trump doing so. Why?
- Trump is the one who asked a national security advisor many times Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?
- He called for nuclear proliferation to South Korea, Japan and Saudi Arabia.
- He says he has a plan for the middle east, but when questioned did not even know the players and the countries. He has an exaggerated opinion of his competence. He is lazy. He refuses to do the work to learn.
- He said the generals know nothing about war. They are rubble. It sounds like he is not interested in consulting with them. He imagines he is much more capable than the lot of them combined.
- Donald evaded the draft. He has no military training, yet he imagines he would be a brilliant general, even though he has never tried it.
- He wants to appease Putin without any resistance in Syria or the Ukraine. He does not seem to understand there shades of grey between abject surrender and nuclear war.
- Trump has expressed a rather homoerotic admiration for cruel dictators. The idea of submitting to a ruthless, powerful man excites him.
- Trump has a reputation for flashes of rage and obsessive protracted revenge.
Hillary is a tad hawkish for me, but I think she has much better odds of avoiding WWIII. Unlike Donald, I don’t think she would launch a nuclear war in a fit of pique.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump keeps bragging that there is nobody better than him at deals, but he does not understand the most basic thing about them. He imagines they are zero sum games. You win by bullying the other into losing. Yet nobody in their right mind signs a deal where they lose. Deals must be win-win. Then both sides are eager to sign.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
Trump University was a fraudulent scheme that preyed on the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.~ Ronald Schnackenberg Trump University sales manager in court testimony.
You Can Tell He’s Lying When…
When someone emphasises a statement by saying Frankly, Believe me, Honestly, The truth is, You’re not going to believe this, Trust me, Why would I lie?. Just like the body language they are telling you they don’t actually believe what they are saying.~ SocalPerspective
Trump Will Fail
I am convinced Trump will fail, not because people like me want him to fail, but because the ideas that guide him are inherently self-contradictory.~ George Soros (1930-08-12 age:87)
America First~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
This is the thinking of the 1800s. America First is another way of saying greed, taking unfair advantage and bullying. Donald is the kind of person who would eat an entire cherry pie, not because he was hungry, but just to prevent anyone else from enjoying some.
Let it be an arms race.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Ask any historian. Every arms race ends one of two ways:
- The bankruptcy of one or both parties.
- A war.
Believe me!~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump says this before every paragraph. Only pathological liars say that.
A man about 80 years old — very wealthy, a lot of people did not like him. He fell off the stage. So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, Oh my god, that’s disgusting and I turned away. I couldn’t — you know — he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him. He’s bleeding all over the place. I felt terrible. You know — beautiful marble floor didn’t look so good. It changed colour. Became very red… I was saying Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting! The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to see he’s OK. Its just not my thing.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Donald was at a $100,000 a plate fundraiser at Maralago. He later recounted the event to Howard Stern. I can hardly imagining anyone publicly admitting to being such a crass, heartless bastard.
Kiss My Ass
I’ve given to everybody because that was my job. I gotta give to them because when I want something, I get it. When I call, they kiss my ass.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
The USA has great strength & patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
. Trump has many choices. There is likely no need for nuclear annihilation. For example, if North Korea shoots at a US ship in its territorial waters there is no need to kill every last Korean, none of whom had anything to with the provocation. Retaliation should be proportionate to the attack. One conventional bomb that takes you Kim Jong Un should put an end to nuclear posturing. The problem is Trump is a sadist. He is just looking for excuse to hurt people.
There was no collusion. There was no collusion.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump seems to think if he repeatedly denies there is any evidence of collusion, the evidence will disappear. Mueller knows about dozens of meetings between the Russians and Trump’s people. He knows they discussed swapping hacking the election for cancelling the sanctions plus other goodies. Trump has already paid off Putin. Putin has already paid off Trump. Any more evidence is just icing on the cake.
One of the things that makes life living is getting your friends’ wives into bed.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Donald likes to ruin the marriages of his friends. This is incredibly spiteful, sadistic behaviour. This is not revenge.
Stop the Carnage
This American carnage stops right here, and stops right now. From this day forward it’s only going to be America first.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71) in his inaugural address.
Trump is ridiculous. America, as the #1 superpower, has always put its interests first. It wanted oil, so it invaded Iraq. It wanted lithium, so it invaded Afghanistan. It built military bases all over the world to press its interests. It wanted to promote American corporations, so it invaded Nicaragua and blockaded Cuba to ensure those countries did not act as successful rôle models. By carnage, Trump does not mean he wants to stop America bombing other countries. In his view, if America does not negotiate trade deals overwhelmingly in America’s favour, that is morally the same as those countries bombing America.
The Swedish Lie
Almost every day Trump lies that Americans are in imminent danger of being killed by Islamic terrorists. The truth is they are far more likely to be killed in a car or bicycle trip or from taking aspirin. He lies to frighten people into giving up their liberties and money. The fear he generates lets him get away with racist policies, like his Muslim ban from countries who have never sent a terrorist that killed anyone.
You look at what’s happening, We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?
~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
But nothing happened in Sweden last night. Trump could not plausibly claim the Swedes were lying about there being no attack, part of an American conspiracy to discredit him, so he had his spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders say:
Mr. Trump did not mean to suggest that a particular attack had happened the night before but rather was talking about crime in general in Sweden. He later said he was referencing a story on FOX about Sweden, that contained no attack, and nothing about immigrants. He made it all up.
If he meant crime in general, he would not have said last night in Sweden. He made up a fictitious attack as he frequently does, forgetting he would be caught by a neutral party and then be forced to use his spokesperson to clumsily cover for his lie.
They Should Have Won
They should have won.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
In the Lester Holt interview, Trump confessed that Hillary would have won had the Russians not hacked the election.
I would bring back waterboarding, and I would bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding… Torture does work.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71) 2017-01-27
Trump said that Defense Secretary James Mattis disagreed with him, and Trump would defer to Mattis.
Whether torture works should not be a matter of opinion. Surely the military has kept records on torture. They routinely tortured all POWs (Prisoner Of Wars) in Iraq so they have plenty of data. They would know what percentage of those tortured:
- had no information of interest.
- gave false information. They just told their torturers what they wanted to hear.
- they implicated innocent people.
- when others heard of what America had done, they became radicalised.
- indulging in sadism corrupted soldiers. They later harmed fellow soldiers and their families.
- divulged details of a terrorist attack which was subsequently averted.
The US daily violates the Geneva Conventions which George W. Bush called quaint.
I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump on Abortion
You’ll go back to a position like they had where people perhaps go to illegal places, but you have to ban it.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Let them use coat hangers.
Trump On Blacks
Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is. I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump on Compliments
If he [Putin] says great things about me, I’ll say great things about him.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
In other words, Trump admits his compliments are insincere. He issues them based on how many insincere compliments he has received.
Trump on Hacking
I know a lot about hacking and hacking is a very hard thing to prove, so it could be somebody else. I know things that other people don’t know. And so they cannot be sure of the situation.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump is such a braggart and liar. All he knows how to do with computers is send a tweet. He has no computer science degree. He has no training in hacking. Yet he thinks he knows more than the combined experts of 17 security agencies, without even reading their reports and without looking at the evidence. His arrogance is breathtaking. I know at least a thousand times more than Trump about hacking, yet I would never dream of claiming to know more than the combined top experts in the world.2017-01-01 source
Trump on His Daughter Ivanka
She does have a very nice figure… if [she] weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump is always touching her behind and pulling her into his lap even though she is an adult.
Trump on His Wife
You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71) source
Trump on Nukes
One lousy bomb is a success? My nuclear arsenal is massive. can u DM?~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump is telling us one nuclear bomb on the USA is acceptable even negligible. He is also telling us he things of the US nuclear arsenal as his personal property to do with as he pleases.--
Trump on Same Sex Marriage
Trump says he believes in traditional marriage, but is on his third wife. Huh?
Asked why he can get married three times, but LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transsexual) people cannot get married even once he replied Well I work hard.
That is a flip answer. That is not why. Straight people can get married even if they are unemployed.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump on War
We have to start winning wars again.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
In the campaign, Trump called for avoiding wars by refraining from playing the role of global policeman. Now, he wants to start lots of new wars, just for the heck it, so he can win something.
Donald J. Trump: You know and…~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Unknown: She used to be great. She’s still very beautiful.
Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.
Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.
Unknown: That’s huge news.
Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture. I took her out furniture — I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.
Billy Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as shit. In the purple.
Trump: Whoa! Whoa!
Bush: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!
Trump: Look at you, you are a pussy.
Trump: All right, you and I will walk out.
Trump: Maybe it’s a different one.
Bush: It better not be the publicist. No, it’s, it’s her, it’s —
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.
Well, I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone’s getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. You know, I’m inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good.
You know, the dresses. Is everyone okay? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody okay? And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71) Howard Stern Show 2005-04
Let me. Sure. And I do. And I’m very. And I mean it. But just so you know, it was supposed to be a confidential meeting. They turned it into not a number 2. The conversation lasted for about a minute. They made it. Somebody said it was like about 25% of the. It was hardly even discussed.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump is completely incoherent in this interview on voter fraud claims. His father, Fred Trump, developed Alzheimer’s, so the odds are Donald has already developed it too. If you had a friend who started talking like this, you would insist he see a neurologist. Trump did not used to be incoherent.
I love war, yes, including nuclear war. What is the point of having nuclear weapons if you don’t use them?~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
Trump is mad, Dr. Strangelove mad. Let us hope someone figures out how to stop him before he kills us all. Trump does not understand that nukes are a deterrent. If all goes well, they are never used.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71) How to Get Rich
That man is so full of himself. He is pudgy, sagging and wrinkled. He has to buy sex at a premium price he is so repulsive.
Trump’s Philosophy of Lying
I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)The Art of the Deal
Vengeance is Mine
I love getting even with people. If they screw you, screw them back ten times as hard.~ Donald J. Trump (1946-06-14 age:71)
In order to have vengeance on his brother Fred for contesting his father’s will, Trump arranged that his seriously ill nephew would be denied medical insurance.
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[220.127.116.11]
You are visitor number|