Republican Insult Generator
To view this page, you should have the most recent Java installed
(Java Runtime Environment
. Older versions
have a security flaw.
This Applet will run online in your browser, but it is a hybrid you
can also download, install and run it on your own machine as standalone
application. It will start and run faster if you do that. It will also
work safely even if you have disabled Java in your browser.
This Applet will generate quite rude, but not that entertaining insults, similar
to the ones Republican posters in the alt.politics.bush newsgroup throw. I have long teased them a
bot could easily generate their mindless responses to posts. You be the judge. I suppose if they are lazy they can
just get this bot to come up with the same sorts of insult they rack their poor brains to come up with now.
The Insult generator is also available with Java source to download. It is
designed to be cannibalised, so that you can use whatever parts of the source code you want in your own code, e.g. an
insult generator with different base vocabulary of insulting nouns, verbs, adjectives, groups and pat phrases.
If, Insult, the above Insult Generator Java Applet (that can also be run as an application) does not work…
Get New Java Get New Browser
- If Copy/Paste (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) do not work, you can turn them back on by
modifying your java.policy file. This is not for the novice or faint of heart. instructions
Your alternative is to download this program and run it without a browser.
- Often problems can be fixed simply by clicking the reload button on your browser.
- This Java Applet (that can also be run as an application) needs 32-bit (not 64-bit) Java 1.6 or later.
For best results use the latest 1.7.0_51.
In the Java Control Panel, configure medium security to allow vanilla unsigned applets to run.
- You also need a recent browser.
- It works under any operating system that supports Java e.g. W2K/XP/W2003/Vista/W2008/W7-32/W7-64/W8-32/W8-64/W2012/Linux/LinuxARM/LinuxX86/LinuxX64/Ubuntu/Solaris/SolarisSPARC/SolarisSPARC64/SolarisX86/SolarisX64/OSX
- You should see the Applet hybrid above looking much like this screenshot. If you don’t, the following hints should help you get it working:
- Especially if this Applet hybrid has worked before, try clearing the browser cache and rebooting.
- To ensure your Java is up to date, check with Wassup. First, download it and run it as an application independent of your browser, then run it online as an Applet to add the complication of your browser.
- If the above Applet hybrid does not work, check the Java console for error messages.
- If the above Applet hybrid does not work, you might have better luck with the downloadable version available below.
- If you are using Mac OS X and would like an improved Look and Feel, download the QuaQua look & feel from randelshofer.ch/quaqua. UnZip the contained quaqua.jar and install it in ~/Library/Java/Extensions or one of the other ext dirs.
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9, try another browser. Seriously. Microsoft has taken great pains, over and over, to screw up Java and every other multi-platform standardisation.
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9, you must click to allow blocked content permission for Active X to run. This also gives permission to Java to run. Click the Information bar, and then click Allow blocked content. Unfortunately, this also allows dangerous ActiveX code to run. However, you must do this in order to get access to perfectly-safe Java Applets running in a sandbox. This is part of Microsoft’s war on Java. Don’t put up with it! Use a different browser.
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, makes sure the Java Plug-In SSV helper add-in is installed and enabled.
If it is not, try reinstalling the Java JRE.
- If you have Windows 7 64-bit
and Internet Explorer 64-bit,
in theory you can use 64-bit Java,
but I never been able to get it to work.
- Try upgrading to a more recent version of your browser, or try a different browser e.g. Firefox, SeaMonkey, Safari or Avant.
- If you still can’t get the program working click HELP for more detail.
- If you can’t get the above Applet hybrid working after trying the advice above and from the HELP button below, have bugs to report or ideas to improve the program or its documentation, please send me an email at.
for Insult Generator
Java source, compiled class files, jar and documentation to run on your own machine either as an application or an Applet.
Runs on any OS that supports Java e.g. W2K/XP/W2003/Vista/W2008/W7-32/W7-64/W8-32/W8-64/W2012/Linux/LinuxARM/LinuxX86/LinuxX64/Ubuntu/Solaris/SolarisSPARC/SolarisSPARC64/SolarisX86/SolarisX64/OSX.
First install the most recent Java.
To install, extract the zip download with WinZip,
(or similar unzip utility) into any directory you please,
often J:\ — ticking off the
use folder names option.
To check out the corresponding source from the Subversion repository, use the TortoiseSVN repo-browser to
access insult source in repository with [Tortoise] Subversion client on wush.net/svn/mindprod/com/mindprod/insult/.
After you have installed the jar, you can run it as an application. Type:
java -jar J:\com\mindprod\insult\insult.jar
adjusting as necessary to account for where the jar file is.
download ASP PAD XML program description for the current version of Insult Generator.
Full source included.
You may even include the source code, modified or unmodified
in free/commercial open source/proprietary programs that you write and distribute. Non-military use only.
available on the web at:
optional Replicator mirror
on local hard disk J:
Please email your
feedback for publication
letters to the editor, errors, omissions, typos, formatting errors, ambiguities, unclear
wording, broken/redirected link reports, suggestions to improve this page or comments to
If you want your message, your name or email kept confidential,
not considered for public posting, please explicitly specify that.
Unless you state otherwise,
I will treat your message as a letter to the editor that I may or may not publish
After that, it will be too late to retract it.
If you disagree with something I said, especially when sending an ad-hominem attack,
a rant composed mainly of obscenities or a death threat, please quote the offending passage
and cite the web page where you found it, tell me why
you think it is wrong,
and, if possible, provide some supporting evidence.
I can’t very well fix erroneous or ambiguous text if I can’t find it.
Your face IP:[220.127.116.11]
||You are visitor number