tattoo : Gay & Black Glossary
aka tats. A body-decorating fad in the early part of the
A tattoo on the lower back (tramp stamp) is a signal to others this person likes to be screwed.
Shoulder tattoos are more popular with tops. Beware of foreign language tattoos
unless you speak that language. You might be quite embarrassed to discover what the
glyphs really mean.
- They are permanent. They will soon go out of fashion. They are painful, costly and
difficult to remove leaving scars. Lasers smash the dye particles into small pieces so your white blood cells can engulph them.
- They are associated with low rank military and street gangs.
- They tend to fade with age. Your immune system treats them as foreign bodies, and gradally carries them off to the liver for disposal out your digestive tract.
- The dyes use toxic heavy metals.
- As the body ages and sags, so do the tattoos.
- The needles used to create them can pass HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus)
if the artist as not a professional.
- If you are a criminal, they make it easy for your victims to positively
identify you and uniquely describe you.
- They make you look older.
- Employers tend to be older. To them your tattoo means you are lower class, criminal, unsanitary, unreliable and impulsive.
Tattoos of the Future
In future, technology will make tattoos quite fun. For example:
- You will be able to hide or reveal them at will.
- You will be able to display different tattoos at different times on the same
spot of skin. Tattoo image could automatically change to match your mood.
- Tattoos could be animated, making you into a human cuttlefish.
- Tattoos could be used for communication the way octopodes, squid, cuttlefish,
and chameleons use them. You could flash words or other message on them for using
in communicating where the ambient noise is too loud.
- Tattoos could create a crude illusion of invisibility, by projecting an image
on one side of your arm what the tattoo on the other side sees.
- Tattoos on your eyeballs will let you see infrared in the dark, or ultraviolet
the way bees do, or radio waves.
- You will be able to control your tattoos just by thought.
The key thing to understand is tattoos are a passing fad. Eventually they will go out of fashion so that only low rank military people and street gangs continue to use them.
Even before popularity drops that low, the sorts of designs considered fashionable will change. If you wore bell bottoms in the 70s, all you had to do was discard them
and buy new pants. With tattoos, you are stuck.