Trump’s Plan to Bankrupt America
Trump is gradually revealing his plan to bankrupt America.
- $3 trillion tax cut for the 1% richest Americans.
- The corporate income tax rate is currently 35%. Trump said we’re trying to get it down to anywhere between 15 to 20%. According to Forbes magazine, 90% of corporations currently pay no income tax.
- $1 trillion given to Wall street to rebuild infrastructure.
- $54 billion for the military earmarked for more nukes. Given that the USA spends more than everyone else put together on the military, it seems no increase is called for at this time. For decades the world has been reducing the stockpile of nukes to reduce the danger of accidental firing. Now Trump is trying to restart the arms race, for no advantage to the USA.
- 20% import tax on anything originating outside the USA. Prices on imported goods will rise by 20% to encourage buying American. Just prior to the great depression, the USA instituted similar trade-reducing tariffs. Reducing trade reduces prosperity.
How will all these expenditures be financed?
- Increasing the public debt.
- Cutting programs to the poor, elderly, sick and disabled.
- Increasing taxes on the middle and lower classes.
- Cutting regulation, e.g. climate change, preventing pollution, construction safety, railroad safety, meat inspection, food inspection, aeroplane inspection, the Coast Guard, dam safety, bridge safety, sewer inspections…
- Pretty much anything the federal government does now e.g. schools, universities, air traffic control, search and rescue, courts, marine navigation, farm subsidies…
- Very likely the replacement for Obamacare will be much more expensive for the individual and less expensive for the government.
Why would Trump try to bankrupt his own country?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- He is in cahoots with Putin. Putin wants a turn being the world superpower. Putin may have photos of Trump performing illegal or embarrassing sexual acts. Trump would happily sell out his country to avoid an assault to his ego. Trump owes Putin for stealing the election. With bankruptcy, Trump is making the USA step down as a superpower.
- Trump has bragged many times that he made the most money from companies he drove into bankruptcy, by stripping them of their assets first. Perhaps he plans to make trillions for himself on the bankruptcy of the USA.
- Perhaps Trump imagines he can screw America’s creditors with a bankruptcy and offering its creditors pennies on the dollar. He should study what happened to Greece and Argentina about just how ruthless creditors can be. Perhaps he plans to threaten nuclear annihilation if they do not accept his deal.
|Legalising Marijuana||The case for legalising marijuana. 2017-08-16|
|US Health Care||Public vs Private Health Care in the USA 2017-04-25|
|Abortion||Breaking the logjam in the polarised Abortion debate. 2017-08-18|
|Homelessness||Ending homelessness. 2017-06-09|
|Fair Trade Chocolate||Give cocoa growers a fair price for their cocoa. 2017-04-18|
|Fair Trade Coffee||Give coffee growers a fair price for their coffee. 2017-05-09|
|Racism||What can be done about racism in Canada. 2017-01-30|
|Euthanasia Rights||Arguments for legalised physician-assisted suicide. An account of David Lewis’s suicide. 2017-08-18|
|Suicide||Talking to suicidally depressed people. 2017-01-30|
|Boat People||Three solutions to the problem of illegitimate refugees arriving on rusted out boats. 2017-01-30|
|Child Pornography||An argument for more compassionate and consistent handling of penalties for pedophilia and child pornography. 2017-08-14|
|Taboos||A discussion of taboos, how they got started and whether they still apply. 2017-01-02|
|Crime and Punishment||Vengeance-based systems of criminal justice are not able to stop rising crime. What else could be tried? 2017-01-02|
|Timothy McVeigh||Inside the mind of the Oklahoma bomber. 2017-08-03|
|Gay Civil Rights||The battle between equal civil rights for gays and right wing Christianity. 2017-01-02|
|Feedback||Read feedback from readers of the human rights section. If you don’t want your message and my reply publicly posted, please let me know. 2017-05-21|
Republican Health Care Crazy Talk
When a Republican says Universal health care will bring death panels, you have to wonder about his mental health. Private health care already rations care in an extreme way both for those covered and uncovered. Universal health care explicitly improves both kinds of rationing. What the Republican really means is The HMOs (Health Management Organisations) I have invested in will likely pay lower dividends if universal health care makes it harder for them to screw their customers.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[220.127.116.11]
You are visitor number|