etunnels : Java Glossary
I have left this tombstone entry for historical interest.
This was a free product, that fits on a third of a floppy, does many things:
It currently does not handle:
Though these are planned for future releases.
- It lets you collect together an arbitrary collection of Windows computers on
the Internet into what behaves for all practical purposes like a private
LAN (Local Area Network).
- It gives you instant ICQ-style mail. The messages are automatically encrypted
and decrypted with 156-bit code developed in Canada.
There are no export restrictions.
- It lets you get at the files and programs on your home computer when you are
travelling. You have the same abilities as if your laptap and home computer were
attached to a LAN. You don’t need to be running on NT server.
All you need do is leave your home Windows computer running
ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line technology) or a cable
- For each group (virtual LAN
) you set up, it provides 50 MB of free 24-hour automatacally backed up disk space
always online. This allows a group of people to share files even when they are not
- It allows you to create a public LAN
that members of the public can join to upload or download files, using standard
windows drag and drop, just the way you would with a real