~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Christians and Muslims exalt in overpopulation. To them, population growth is a race to swamp the earth with believers in their religion.
- Christians and Muslims both foolishly declare there is plenty of sparsely populated land, so there is no need to be concerned about overpopulation. But building space is not the limiting resource. It is clean water, energy and food. We have polluted most of the water sources. We have sent the climate on a dizzying change by rapidly burning all the fossil fuels. We have already planted every last scrap of arable land. We have almost drained the aquifers. We will soon be flooding the prime agricultural land in coastal areas with climate-change fueled ocean rise. We are on schedule to kill off the remaining food fish species by 2048.
- Cities are built on prime arable land. That’s why they were originally situated there. Now urban sprawl is covering up the surrounding arable land. As population grows, we have less and less arable land to grow food for more and more people.
- Our technological society works by burning our capital, in particular fossil fuels, minerals, aquifers and soil. We take no heed to leave resources for future generations.
- If everyone on earth lived the way a North American does, we would need five extra planets.
- When animals overpopulate, predators, disease or hunger cuts population back down to size. We humans have so far been clever enough to defeat predators, disease and even hunger. But we cannot do this indefinitely (unless we learn to live sustainably). We live on a finite planet with finite resources.
- Endless population growth or endless economic growth are both mathematically impossible. They are insane goals. They are like aspiring to mass suicide.
|atomic clock||digital TV (DTV/HDTV)||headset (headphones, microphone, speakers)||mouse (mouse feet, mouse pad)||speakers|
|backup||cellphone (BlackBerry, iPhone)||keyboard (DSK, Cherry, Kinesis)||partition||SSD|
|cables||digital camera (recorder)||iPad, iPhone, iPod||power supply||USB|
|case (computer, DVD)||DVD (carrying case)||printer (inkjet, laser)||USB flash drive|
|cleaning||eBook (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Sony)||RAM||video card|
|hard disk||monitor||sound card||WiFi|
If you have trouble with your browser freezing on this site, most likely the problem is you have no Java, an obsolete Microsoft Java or possibly an obsolete Sun Java installed. Click to Get The Latest Java.
Just Suck It Up
Think of all those ages through which men have had the courage to die and then remember that we have actually fallen to talking about having the courage to live.~ G. K. Chesterton (1874-05-29 1936-06-14 age:62)
What do you prove by enduring torture of pancreas cancer? Chesterton seems to think suffering has some value in itself.
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[126.96.36.199]
You are visitor number|