|Java||Iraq, Money, Religion, Ethics…||Gay||Roedy’s Health|
Phasing out Remembrance Day
I think it is time to start phasing out Remembrance day. Why?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Every year it dredges up old hatreds of our friends Germany, Japan and to some extent, Italy. It needlessly rubs salt in old wounds. This is insulting to them.
- It glorifies and justifies war.
- Veterans of Viet Nam, Afghanistan and Iraq are piggy backing on Remembrance Day. None of these soldiers defended their country. They were motivated by adventure, money or a sadistic desire to torture, rape and kill children, especially non-Christian children. They do not deserve the honour of being including with the vets of WWI (World War I) and WWII (World War II).
- It is rare to find anyone alive today who participated in WWII much less WWI. You don’t even find anyone who knew someone who did. What we are doing is like ritually mourning the dead of the War of 1812. It is time to let go.
- The red poppy has become an empty ritual of political correctness and conformity. People are pressured into wearing red poppies.
- The Royal Canadian Legion has used their legal muscle to ban the white poppy, an anti war symbol, a symbol of mourning for all victims of war, including those we killed. They have also banned the aboriginal moose hide memorial.
- Any but pro-war views are censored on the grounds of disrespect or bad taste.
- It is maudlin.
|Java Glossary and Computer Buyers’ glossary|
The following essays and entries recently changed:2017-07-11
|Ethics, Environment, Animal Rights, Human Rights, Politics, Money, Religion, Living Love, Esperanto and Deep Thoughts Essays|
The following essays and entries recently changed:
|Gay & Black Glossary|
I recently changed the following essays and entries:
I am doing reasonably well with HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus). My new drugs are now holding down the HIV. Nausea and diarrhoea are tolerable. I am not sleeping all the time. Last revised/verified: 2014-08-25
|Public Domain||Public Domain Status||In the event of my death, the entire mindprod.com website will revert to the public domain, including downloadable programs and source. You will be welcome to repost and modify any or all of the material on the website. Knowledge keeps no better than fish. I don’t let people repost my material with a few exceptions (e.g. print or foreign languages). The problem is I am constantly changing everything and there is still no technology to keep all the other copies up to date.|
|Inter-Corporate||The Canadian Mind Products website is now hosted by Inter-Corporate.com. One nice service they offer is buying domain names for you charging only flat per year (i.e. zero markup on the Verisign Network Solutions/InterNIC fee) for .com, .org,.net, .edu and per year for .ca. Email Randolf Richardson for more information. Also see domains essay for more information.|
Telomeres are tiny threads inside your cells that shorten a notch with each cell division. When they are gone, you die. Similarly, each time you criticise your partner, you snip the tip off your relationship telomeres.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[188.8.131.52]
You are visitor number|