Looking Back on the Living Love Workshop : 2001-07
- What: Living Love Workshop.
- When: 2001-07-01 to 2001-07-08. Sorry. It is over.
- Where: Heron House on Quadra
Island British Columbia, Canada.
We had a fantastic workshop on Quadra
Island, right on the water. A dozen of us came from Canada, the USA, England and South
Why Was It So Good?
I have never been to a more enjoyable
insightful workshop. Here are some of my thoughts on why it turned out so well.
- Quadra Island setting was magical. The weather was perfect. The smells and sounds
of nature wafted everyone instantly into cornucopia consciousness.
- We were mostly couples. This provided a feeling of safety for everyone. The bios
people provided before they came helped break the ice much faster than usual.
- We focused on the same top ten addictions for the whole week. This provided
intensity and honesty.
- Everyone was present for everything. Everyone knew what addictions everyone else
was working on. Everyone was rooting for everyone else to succeed in reprogramming
- We had three experienced people co-leading the workshop and to a certain extent
each session. The three leaders had been in the trenches
using Living Love in daily life for decades.
- Everybody had some part in creating the workshop. It was most definitely a group
creation. We did our best to blur the distinction between leaders and
- We went repeatedly for cosmic consciousness experiences. To some degree everyone
experienced that. It spilled over into an incredible spirit of co-operation around
preparing meals, cleaning up and caring for each other that pervaded the entire
- We laughed ourselves to the point of peeing our pants.
For me the pinnacle of the workshop was the
martyr process where Angela played the part of Dina’s inner martyr. Dina bawled
herself out and Angela as inner martyr dutifully acted out all the dreadful epithets
hurled at her. I laughed till I cried. I finally got the futility of beating yourself up.
Another highlight was when we did the centipede cosmic consciousness process where
each of us took control of the group body and played with our many arms and legs.
Another highlight for me was when I asked the group to go into cosmic consciousness,
then I asked Craig why he thought it was ok to beat himself up, but not any of the other
people. He said, "Because he’s handy I guess."
There were so many times when I could see that aha moment when the lights went on
inside and various participants suddenly realised that their suffering was not
And of course, the hugs and the back scratches.
What Did People Say About It?
- Roedy, I am so glad I was there. I feel so blessed to have witnessed a work of art:
your dues-paid, wise, dead-on, creative, inspired, Take-it-to-the-limit,
go-for-Cosmic-Consciousness and Oneness facilitation of the best workshop I ever have
attended. Wow! Don mentioned an e-mail from Andrew re a possible
repeat in England in 2002-05 or 2002-09 We vote strongly for September and we shall come! But, for now,
let’s both bask in the glow of a unique 7th Center mutual experience. In Living
- Yesterday the Mail-person brought a set of all four silly songs
CD (Compact Disc) ’s and as I
write this the first one is going in the background. Somehow I can’t stop
smiling… Quadra was a truly special event — one that is still with me
KC is on a visit to her daughter in, of all places, Sedona, Arizona. She’s
having trouble staying on this planet, the energy she received from Quadra is just
rolling over and over at Sedona. She was supposed to help set up her daughter’s
new household after Carmen moved, but can hardly stay inside and is taking 3 hour
walks and floating on air.
Carmen’s husband Ed believes that consciousness is a difficult road of
studying the saints and their lives and learning and reading everything he can. I can
just picture her sitting with him, beaming with cosmic bliss while he explains how
challenging and difficult and long the path is..
All you need is some incredible Canadian scenery, a dozen wonderful people and a
week to pry your heart wide open and there you are!
That jump in energy in the weeks after Quadra? Most of mine went right to the 2nd
center — I watched every movie out there and every time an idea came, like,
"Gee its 6:30, I’ll bet I could make it to the beach before the sun
sets", I just did it. What a change. Before it was always easy to talk myself
out of doing anything fun because there is always
so much work to do!!!
KC said it best — there has been a softening around every stuck-place since
Quadra and that softening has released energy to put into the rest of our lives.
Thank you so so so much for sharing it with us.
In a Nutshell
- Your suffering is optional.
- Is getting upset about this helping or hindering me from getting what I want?
- We are literally all one life.
Andrew held the next one in Bath
England in 2002 September. Ed Smith may hold one in BC, perhaps
on Vancouver Island or the interior. Debbie Hamm held reunion in the summer of
2002 in Colorado.