Quoter Amanuensis : Java Glossary
- Quoter Amanuensis
A free program you can download with Java source that does a number of text
processing tasks such as:
- Quoting for HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), e.g.
& -> & or accented characters like é to é
- Quoting for Java Strings.
e.g. C:\MyDir\MyFile.txt -> C:\\MyDir\\MyFile.txt
- removing leading and/or trailing spaces.
- Translating from the old Windows or IBMOEM character sets.
- removing embedded control characters.
- Collapsing runs of spaces into a single space.
- Collapsing multiple blank lines into a single blank line.
- converting to UPPER, lower, or Title case
- Aligning space or comma-delimited text in columns
- Aligning Java source in columns (considers \",
'\'', /* comment */, //… in column delimiter rules).
- Converting raw multiline clipboards into regex expressions for the Funduc Search and Replace utility.