trademark : Java Glossary
Getting the TM symbol can be problematic. Here are seven techniques to try:
- Use ® = ® the
registered trademark instead.
- In early HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) browsers use
TM = <sup>TM</sup>
- If you know your older browser is using a Cp1252 encoding font use ™ = ™
- In more recent browsers try ™ = ™
- In Java, use Unicode 16-bit character ™ = \u2122. However, this character
is not necessarily supported by PrintWriter translation to 8-bit fonts. Oddly, some Dialog fonts support it on the screen in
bold, but not in plain.
- In Java, use Cp1252-encoded 8-bit character 153
™ = 0x99.
- In Java Swing with HTML rendering, use the TM = <sup>TM</sup>