Windows NT : Java Glossary
Microsoft’s GUI (Graphic User Interface) OS (Operating System) for businesses. MS has some malfunctioning software to
determine if you live in Canada or the US, it uses to give you access to the correct
fixpack. It has been replaced by W2K, XP, W2003, Vista, W2008, W7-32, W7-64, W8-32 and W8-64.
As of Java version 1.5, Java has dropped support for NT.
NT was Microsoft’s serious operating system upgrade to Windows 98. It runs
most Windows-98 programs. The advantages of NT were
The disadvantages of NT and elder brothers are:
- It is much more stable and better designed. Windows rarely runs more than a day
at a time before having a nervous breakdown and crashing. NT will stay up months at
- It exploits computers that have more than one CPU (Central Processing Unit).
- It properly exploits SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) disk drives.
- It efficiently handles large numbers of small files. Windows-98 squanders disk
space doing that.
- There is database software available for it for heavy loads.
- It is a resource pig. It needs huge amounts of disk,
RAM (Random Access Memory) and CPU
power to run efficiently.
- It is complicated to install.
- Unlike Windows-98, it does not support very many add-in cards, though that
improved over time.
- It does not run all game software, and the game software it runs it does not
run as quickly because it is more concerned with security than speed.