marketing : Java Glossary
Let us say you have a product, how can you advertise and sell it on the web?
- If you want to advertise it on this website mindprod.com, you would have to do it via Google Adwords/ Adsense. Your ad would appear either in the small white
box at the top right or in the banner space in the bottom right of the relevant
web page(s) on my site, on on the site in general, I don’t accept ads
directly. However, I do directly offer free public service ads to environmental
groups or to other such causes dear to my heart. All I need are some bannners
(jpg or png) and the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) where you want the
clicks sent. The public service ads appear at the bottom of web pages, chosen
randomly by the HTML static macros software.
- Build a website and hope people will come from word of mouth or by search
- Buy banner ads.
- Set up an affiliate program to
encourage others to send you business.
- Use Google AdWords to target
your ads to your particular audience. You can select keywords that will display
your ads on thousands of different websites that talk about things related to your
- If your product is software, prepare a PAD for it and submit it to as many distribution sites as will take
- Put your website on a webring or
- Carefully talk about your product on newsgroups. Be very careful to avoid ad-like language or you will be rapidly
sprayed with virtual tomatoes.
- Use all the traditional marketing techniques, radio, TV, print ads, interviews,
book signings, launch parties…
- Put intriquing teasers in your public posts with a URL
for the curious.
- Provide free things of interest on your website that bring in the people, who
then poke around and look at your products.