The image in the top left corner is the hoovering
Imagine what would happen if, by some miracle, all the Christians
were hoovered off the earth or otherwise eliminated. In the USA, about
75% of the people would disappear.
- Millions of mortgages would go into default and the banks would
foreclose. Real estate prices would plummet.
- Millions of bank accounts would be abandoned and after a suitable
delay, the banks would confiscate the funds.
- The credit card companies would have to write off at least a
trillion dollars in bad debt.
- With most of the climate-change deniers gone, the world would
finally get on with reducing greenhouse gas emissions and clean
- With most of the religious right gone, the Republican party would
become an insignificant power, at least for a while.
- With the Christians gone who trust Jesus to clean up after
environmental damage, we would start to care for our forests and
- Church property owned outright would just sit around and rot. At
first, it would not be confiscated for non-payment of taxes since
there are no taxes. Eventually though people would notice these
crumbling churches were no longer being used for any religious
purposes and civic governments would tax them, then confiscate
- Muslims would become the dominant religious group.
- With the Christians gone, people who interfere with public health
on HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus), measles, mumps, whooping cough,
TB (Terabytes), malaria etc. would be gone too. We
might just eliminate these diseases altogether.
- Gay people would be safe to walk the streets.
- The world’s largest pedophile ring would be gone.
- Government tax revenue would drastically shrink. The government
would have to consolidate schools and abandon most of the
- Europe would only be minimally effected. They would take over the
rôle the USA formerly had in the world. China would not be
affected that much. South America and Africa would decimated. Russia
would be affected more than Europe, but not as much as the USA.
will maintain a local copy of the entire mindprod.com
website on your hard disk for superfast
access and access when the mindprod.com
Genius is present in every age, but the men carrying it within them remain benumbed
unless extraordinary events occur to heat up and melt the mass so that it flows
~ Denis Diderot
(born:1713-10-05 died:1784-07-31 at age:70)
I predict that we will find that the creation of life initially was no big deal. It
is a necessary consequence of biochemistry. It probably happens all the time, but
quickly dies because it cannot compete with life that got an evolutionary jump on
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:67)
Please feel free to use any of the quotations or public service ads
on the mindprod.com site on your own
website, blog or social media page.